Magnetic/Ionic bracelets/necklaces

Guest db99wj

Guest db99wj

Anybody buy into this?

My company had some made, trionz.com and had one on my desk when I got in. My son bought a $35 Phiton brand one, you see them endorsed.

Is there any truth to this or is complete horse :shrug:?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know. A company called Nikken used to peddle them things around here a long time ago. There's a lot of unexplained things in the world. Who's to say. One man's hokey is another man's holy. Me? I'll stick with asprin for pain and circulation.

Anybody buy into this?

My company had some made, trionz.com and had one on my desk when I got in. My son bought a $35 Phiton brand one, you see them endorsed.

Is there any truth to this or is complete horse :shrug:?

Never tried one of these. Never had any faith in this stuff. My opinion, somewhat

like a placebo. If you believe it works, it might. Like to see some tangible evidence.

Guest db99wj

I've never bought into it either, I would also never spend money on them. My 9yr old son, well I'm still trying to teach him lessons on finances and responsibility.

Like Castor said, a lot of unexplained things are in this world. Wife was wearing one somebody gave her. Operative word is "was". Gave her headaches after a couple of days so she threw it in a drawer. Headaches stopped by the end of that day.

I kind of rank them up there with anti-gun propaganda. WTF you say? Well the anti-gunners have to lie and distort statistics to support their position. The magnetic bracelet makers say things like they're "programmed with natural frequencies." What? How the heck do you program a magnet? Sounds like total B.S. to me.

Like Castor said, a lot of unexplained things are in this world. Wife was wearing one somebody gave her. Operative word is "was". Gave her headaches after a couple of days so she threw it in a drawer. Headaches stopped by the end of that day.

maybe she should have worn it around her wrist........that's what happens when you restrict the blood flow to the head. Just sayin.

Guest mosinon

A few double blind studies would give you an answer, there's probably a reason I can't find any.

But let's take a look at the claims.

Oops, never mind. I just looked at trionz and found so much horse**** it made my brain vomit. It would take a month to explain why all of the crap the company is shoveling is bull. It could work, I guess, but not for the reasons claimed. Which is okay, just because they don't why it works doesn't (necessarily) mean it doesn't.

I can promise these bracelets have at least one power, the power to make the people who sell them a lot of dough.

Guest Broomhead

I had an Assistant Manager at an Eckerd Drugs I worked at just after I moved here in '99. He tried to sell me some of the Nikken magnetic insoles. First he had me take off my shoes. Then he had me hold my elbows at a 90* angle so my forearms were parallel with the ground and with my palms facing up. He then pushed down on my hands with every ounce of strength he has trying to knock me off balance, he never could. After that, he had me stand on the magnetic insoles and hold my arms in the same position again. This time, though, he pushed on my hands with as little pressure that he could while mock groaning and straining. He proceeded to ask if I felt a difference between them "tests?" He then explained that the magnets aligned my energy force and with my body therefore making me stronger, more balanced, and steady. I knew exactly what he was doing and laughed at him. He never tried to sell them to me or my family again. In fact, he stopped trying to sell them on company time after that.

Yeah, it's all BS. The only thing a magnet will do to your body is attract the iron in your blood to the magnet, but only where veins are close to the surface of the skin. I also believe that all the other special healing metal jewelry are BS too.

As PT Barnum said, "There's a sucker born every minute."

I've never tried one so I don't know if they work or not. What I do know is that there are a **** load of unconventional "medical" devices on the market that work very well. Everything from funky lights and lasers, needles (acupuncture), tens units, and even other magnetic devices.

These devices, though nontraditional and used much less often, have been on the market for many years and have been proven to work in independent tests and even prescribed by doctors. Even these magnetic bracelets have been on the market for many years.

You'd think that they wouldn't have lasted this ling if they were indeed a modern day "snake oil".

Guest db99wj
here is an idea, take that $35 and buy a month membership to the gym, do some core excersises, and I gaurntee your balance will be far and above better than strapping a magnet on your wrist.

Ok then, I'll tell my then 8 year old son to do that.

Ok then, I'll tell my then 8 year old son to do that.

no offense, just makin a (sort of) joke. There is no evidence that they do anything benificial, or that they don't do harm. I would not wear one. But I also dont like taking supplements and other so called health benifittng products that havent been proven and tested. Thats just me

Guest db99wj

No offense taken. As mentioned, I have never bought into them, but they sure do sell a lot of them, and are endorsed by a lot of people. My son loves them, he grabbed the one I mentioned above before I had put my stuff down when I got home from work.

Also, never really looked into them, so I'm not that familiar with it. It's kind of funny how things can work sometimes, GU Energy products have come out with a new product GU DermCharge Topical Infusion Gel, instead of consuming GU, you rub it on your skin and absorb the product through osmosis. Which is interesting. Trying to eat GU when running is not the easiest feat, at least for me it wasn't, but it helped me get my second wind when it kicked in around mile 8.

http://guenergy.com/dermacharge

;)

Also, I ran with it last night, usually after 5 miles are start getting fatigued, but I was able to go 8, and had to stop due to time. I could have kept on going for another 3 or 4 miles.

Edited by db99wj
No offense taken. As mentioned, I have never bought into them, but they sure do sell a lot of them, and are endorsed by a lot of people. My son loves them, he grabbed the one I mentioned above before I had put my stuff down when I got home from work.

Also, never really looked into them, so I'm not that familiar with it. It's kind of funny how things can work sometimes, GU Energy products have come out with a new product GU DermCharge Topical Infusion Gel, instead of consuming GU, you rub it on your skin and absorb the product through osmosis. Which is interesting. Trying to eat GU when running is not the easiest feat, at least for me it wasn't, but it helped me get my second wind when it kicked in around mile 8.

GU Energy | New GU DermaCharge Topical Infusion Gel

;)

Also, I ran with it last night, usually after 5 miles are start getting fatigued, but I was able to go 8, and had to stop due to time. I could have kept on going for another 3 or 4 miles.

Steroids works through the skin, just ask Barry Bonds.

Did you read the description?

"DermaCharge just once during a race improved the athletes' power output by 1.21 Jigawatts. And the product has been certified by Informed-Choices to be free of Iocane powder, the controversial, odorless, tasteless powder found to adversely affect endurance performance. "

"DermaCharge is designed to stay on for an entire TransPolar expedition - think Shackleton - normal soap will NOT remove DermaCharge - only a 4:1 mixture of seal sweat and salmon scales will remove it. "

Hilarious

I have/use triionz and a power balance.. I wear one 24/7. I play a lot of golf and hit at the range almost everyday. To me the trionz helps with the pain (arthritis) in my hand. The Power balnace I and not so sure of but wear it for mojo I guess LOL

Edited by MikeW