Baretta Px4 Storm Subcompact Review

Guest dboonekilledabearhere

I picked up the Baretta this week at TCGD and took it to The Shooter's Edge range today on my lunch break to give it a trial run. First off please excuse the crappy cell phone pictures.

I placed some mega-burst orange targets on the silouhette so I could more easily see shot placement at 5 yards (upper left) 7 yards (right shoulder) 15 yards (face) and 25 yards (large center target). As you can easily see I was mostly hitting to left. I had to aim to the right to come close to the spot I was actually aiming for. I am not completely faulting the pistol here as I am not a crack shot. I am sure I got lucky on some of the hits. However, I do believe I will need to adjust the rear sight slightly. As far as the guns performance, it was flawless. I put 100 rounds of 115gr UMC FMJ through it with no issues. For me, the ergonmics of the gun is great. It has a very good natural point of aim. The felt recoil was not bad at all even when using only one hand. Overall I am very pleased with this gun This is the second Baretta I have purchased. The first one being the 25th anniversary M9. I am becoming a Baretta fan. They just feel good in the hand and are easy to shoot. I guess I may have to purchse the full-size Px4 Storm :screwy:

Px4a1.jpg

Px4a2.jpg

Px43.jpg

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest motonut

Mine shoots to the left too (but I'm not a marksman either). I need to break down and buy a sight adj. tool.

For me, the ergonmics of the gun is great. It has a very good natural point of aim. The felt recoil was not bad at all even when using only one hand. Overall I am very pleased with this gun
Yes, though I haven't shot it one handed I have the same feeling about it.

BTW, apparently Beretta now sells an adjustable rear/front sight kit for the PX4, I may just spring for it.

http://www.berettausa.com/products/px4-series-adjustable-rear-sight-and-front-sight/

Edited by motonut

BTW, apparently Beretta now sells an adjustable rear/front sight kit for the PX4, I may just spring for it.

I agree, it might be a good investment.

Thanks

i got to shoot a PX4 storm a few months back. Felt recoil was almost non existent and it was just an overall pleasure to shoot :) if you are thinking of picking one up, I wouldn't hesitate .... Its a great firearm

Guest StillKicking

I have had mine since November. Never had any ftf, fte, or any operational problems. I had to return it to repair the rear sight that was loose when it was new and the gunsmith sighted it in. I could not be more pleased with the performance. One thing to consider though, it is kinda fat for 13 rounds compared to other pistols. Also there are reports of problems with the finish but Beretta should have corrected that by now. My feeling is, if you enjoy shooting it, you should consider owning it.