TN Long Range F Class Championship Apr30/May1 Tullahoma TN (AEDC)

It's that time again. TN Long Range F Class Championship 2011 is here! I have the match program attached.

Quick details:

Apr 30 - 3x1000, May 1 - 2x1000

Fees: $50 (juniors free)

COF: 20 shot slowfire matches

I can't figure out how to attach a file on this website so if you would like more information on this match feel free to contact me at 20xclean "at" comcast.net .

Chris

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Be warned it is a "fun' but addictive sport. :P:D:D

You won't find a nicer group of competitors and attendees.

All really helpful on what it takes to get started & You get to see some very nice rifles on the line and some excellent accuracy at 1000yds.

Can't wait - should be a great weekend of fun!

Edited by latisimusd

I-24 to exit 117. Exit and turn toward the Air Force Base (west). Go 8.9 miles and there will be a brown sign on the right that says Arnold Rifle ranges and Tn NG Ranges. The road just past this is B-5. Turn right onto B-5 and the range is 1 mile up on the right.

Shooters,

Warren County Rifle Club, with an assist from Highland Rim Club, held the 8th Annual Tennessee Long Range F Class Championship this past weekend at the Known Distance Range on Arnold Air Force Base, Tullahoma TN. We had 42 shooter attending day one and 38 shooters day two. Of the shooters, we had 2 visit from Georgia, 6 from Kentucky, 2 from Missouri, 3 from Alabama and 1 from Florida. We also had four juniors out for the prize.

Day one was warm and breezy, with quite a bit of fishtailing winds and a high sun all day. Day two started with light rain, switched to a warm sun, then settled on overcast and a light fishtailing breeze. For the first time in several years, no matches had to be cancelled due to rain and no shooters had a pool of water on their backs while firing. Though Frank Beckmann was unable to attend, I am sure he can appreciate this sentiment. We have only one flag, at the pit wall, and it was worthless day one but seemed to a fair indicator day two.

I would like to congratulate Jim Sokolowski for his repeat victory as State Champion. Jim not only captured high state shooter, but was also the match winner with the highest aggregate score of 964-20X. The match was close, with only a handful of points separating the top half dozen shooter at the end of day one, but Jim came back day two and managed to maintain the lead, with Jim Murphy taking a decent chunk off the lead after match four. Jim took top Open shooter, with an aggregate of 961-26.

High F TR was also a tossup going into day two. Dale Carpenter lead day one by one point, but Dan Biggs was on a mission for a new binder of national record, and managed to break the grand senior 1000y F TR 20 shot slow fire record three times this weekend, with his highest match of 190-04X on five. That match was good enough to pull it out and Dan’s 933-13X bested Dale’s 930-9X. The high State F TR shooter was Campbell Boyd with a 913-12X.

The junior competition was no less hard fought. Ammo trouble kept Charles Crawley from completing day one, but the other three juniors went at it. Match four John Ralston put up a very impressive 188-4X which sealed the deal. John’s aggregate was 897-7X, 7th overall in F TR. Both Travis Dickson and Nate Espy were the pictures of consistency. They both put up some impressive scores with Travis’s finishing with 874-9X and Nate ending the weekend with an 864-10X. I think it’s fair to note that both Nate and Travis outshot their parents, and John just missed tying his father by one point. If this is the kind of competition we can expect in, I’m glad I shoot from a sling J

We had several other special awards with Laura Perry again taking High Woman. Laura was in the hunt for the F TR win and her 918-13X was the third spot in class. James Murphy took top senior honors with his aforementioned 961-26. Jason Pagan took top military/police with a 917-11X, which I believe he earned by burning out Jeff Bartlett’s barrel. It’s nice when you can take home wood while wearing down someone else’s barrel and ammo supply. Tim Kreier fought off hours of hand pain to take home the top prone shooter award home with an 887-17X. Way to stick it out Grumpy!

I would like to thank all the folks from TNSSA and Highland Rim club, who helped make this match possible, as well as John and John from WCRC who keep the program insured and manned. I would also like to thank our lovely road guards Dakota Hayes and Gabby Vespa for trying to “herd cats” this weekend, and both the TN Army National Guard and the Air Force for the outstanding facilities. A special note for all the shooters we know who sustained damage during the recent storms. You were there with us in spirit, and we’re all glad no one (to my knowledge) was seriously injured. We hope to see you back on the range soon.

Our next match is tentatively scheduled for September 4th. It’s a long way out, so stay tuned. Thanks to all the shooters who drove in, both near and far, and helped make this another safe and successful match. I hope to see you all again soon. Until then,

All X’s and 10’s.

Chris Hayes