Glad to see Beck leaving

Guest Letereat!
This move by FOX is long over due. MSNBC got rid of Olberman(?). Beck is gone. Now get rid of that hand puppet Hannity from FOX and Lawrence O'Donnell on MSNBC.

The ones who aren't crazy are nothing but parrots for the Dems or GOP telling people who are too ignorant to think for themselves what to believe.

My sentiments exactly. Hanity is a habitual shader of the truth, who apparently cheated his way through history and likely most of his gollege courses. I think he would say anything they asked him to if it would make the Democrats look bad. Beck has become frantic zealot who goes on tantrums that have such a broad and disjointed expanse of information that it is impossible to boil it down to anything meaninful and or useful in the daily lives of his listeners. Not to mention he is getting a bit kookish as well as Tin Hat Terrance like.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll miss Beck.

Also, he's boosted the economy. He's probably responsible for more survival related sales than SurvivalistBoards, FrugalSquirrel, George Noorey, Alex Jones, etc, all combined.

- OS

Edited by OhShoot
"more" not "my"
Guest 6.8 AR
Beck may be doing the same thing as the O.

Whatever you think about Fox their hosts have the highest rating of all the news show, even with Becks declining ratings he beats out CNN.

This is a good thing because that means more people are listening to conservative opinions, whether that like it or not.

Oh I wasn't being critical of Beck. I

am evidently one of the few that like

him. I agree with you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I remember he was at the forefront of exposing Van Jones, the EX Czar of Green Jobs. I would love to have his research staff. He is also the driving force behind getting the message out on what and who George Soros really is.

Anybody ever convicted him of broadcasting a falsehood?

So from what I'm reading here most of you don't subscribe to local news papers, local news, internet news, etc since it all is someone interpretation of the facts and you are tired of "opinions". Hannity, Beck, O'Reily in my "opinion" are the voices of many of us who's "opinions" reflect our views and thoughts. These guys have the balls to put themselves in front of a national audience and speak the truth. Personally, I'm over all the bed wetters who think they know what I want and what's the best thing for all of us. If we don't listen to people like Beck, the left will soon rule as we are very close to that stage now. Hey wait.....isn't this an "opinion" forum?

So from what I'm reading here most of you don't subscribe to local news papers, local news, internet news, etc since it all is someone interpretation of the facts and you are tired of "opinions".

The local news paper and local TV newscasts around here are so slanted and biased it is hard to get any facts from them.

Guest Lester Weevils

Beck's radio show seems more interesting and easier to take in large doses than his TV show. It includes more "trivial entertaining banter" and more time devoted to "news of the day" than the TV show.

It is likely labor intensive for his staff to research enough data to supplement the points he tries to make on the TV show. The flow of "new useful information" is so slow that most of the shows cover the same ground.

If a TV network has a host where millions of people are eager and happy to listen to a personality maybe one time per week, but the personality has an hour-long TV show for five times per week, then the ratings would obviously sag because you would be dividing the size of the fan base by five when measuring the actual viewership stats.

In addition, Beck devotes at least 20 percent of his TV airtime to religion. Most Friday shows are wall-to-wall preachers. Some folks will like that fine, but I'd be about as likely to watch a Friday Beck show as watch the 700 club. The Friday shows are virtually identical to 700 club content. Fox's viewers who like the 700 club will likely just tune in the 700 club rather than Fox when they want to hear religion. So the Friday shows likely don't draw additional viewers, and most likely chase off viewers who are not interested in religion.

TV can be entertaining (or not) regardless of whether the host is likable, or whether the viewer agrees with the host, or whether the content is highly factual or highly fictional.

Maybe once a month I liked to listen to Olbermann for a few minutes just to watch him rant, even though IMO he is a total lying dillweed. Occasionally I like to listen to Mr Paranoia Alex Jones to hear him rant, though it is doubtful he gets much of anything more than 10 percent correct.

If Beck's TV show had more "new content" I would watch it more. He could nail ratings with a weekly hour-long show if each show features significant fresh content and no preachers.

Edited by Lester Weevils
Beck's radio show seems more interesting and easier to take in large doses than his TV show. It includes more "trivial entertaining banter" and more time devoted to "news of the day" than the TV show.

Beck still makes most of his money from radio. I would expect him to treat it with a little more care.

The problem is not that people listen to or watch these shows. The problem is that some people don't dissect the information that they get from these shows. Those guys are paid entertainers and their main priority is keeping food on their table and money in their pockets so feeding you some b.s. every now and then to keep the rating up is not beyond them.

Also, my wife and I earn a good living, but even if we didn't there is no way that I would let a millionaire who can't relate to my living situation dictate what issues should be important to me.

Edited by LINKS2K

I like Beck. I don't watch his show much.

I like very much that after he preaches about a topic he encourages people to go and do their own research, to not take his word for things. Not sure how that is bad.

Pretty much all the rest want you to believe their schtick with blind faith.

I like Beck. I don't watch his show much.

I like very much that after he preaches about a topic he encourages people to go and do their own research, to not take his word for things. Not sure how that is bad.

Pretty much all the rest want you to believe their schtick with blind faith.

I liked Beck's radio show year's ago before most around here had heard of him. I still like it. As for his TV show...not sure I could explain it, but someone here already did...I don't watch it much for two reasons: One I have to dvr it and watch it later and my time is limited, and 2, it is repetitive...I also think I would watch it EVERY week if it was a weekly one hour show instead.

The problem is not that people listen to or watch these show. The problem is that some people don't dissect the information that they get from these shows. Those guys are paid entertainers and their main priority is keeping food on their table and money in their pockets so feeding you some b.s. every now and then to keep the rating up is not beyond them.

Also, my wife and I earn a good living, but even if we didn't there is no way that I would let a millionaire who can't relate to my living situation dictate what issues should be important to me.

You're almost as bad as the elitist liberals telling us what to think. Quite worrying about the fact that not everyone else is as enlightened as you and can't think for themselves like you do so well.:stare:

Taking no side and complaining about those that do, is as ignorant as taking the wrong side.:up:

You're almost as bad as the elitist liberals telling us what to think. Quite worrying about the fact that not everyone else is as enlightened as you and can't think for themselves like you do so well.:stare:

Taking no side and complaining about those that do, is as ignorant as taking the wrong side.:up:

That nail went in with one hit.

Guest 6.8 AR

It boils down to liking anyone nowadays. You either like them or you don't. Beck has said

things I don't necessarily agree with, but he also has filled in some voids I always thought I

understood and made them comprehensible in the same way a lot of you on this board have done.

Beck is a free exchange of ideas that I like, and I go to a lot of sources other than him.

The idea that both political parties are at fault is so valid. One can't argue that, but there is an

attempt going on to correct one political party at this time. It may not be to your liking but,

at least someone is trying.

Being a cynic all the time gets tedious and affects things negatively.

Edited by 6.8 AR
Guest 6.8 AR
So from what I'm reading here most of you don't subscribe to local news papers, local news, internet news, etc since it all is someone interpretation of the facts and you are tired of "opinions". Hannity, Beck, O'Reily in my "opinion" are the voices of many of us who's "opinions" reflect our views and thoughts. These guys have the balls to put themselves in front of a national audience and speak the truth. Personally, I'm over all the bed wetters who think they know what I want and what's the best thing for all of us. If we don't listen to people like Beck, the left will soon rule as we are very close to that stage now. Hey wait.....isn't this an "opinion" forum?

Very good answer:D

Guest Letereat!

It’s like this really. If you take your ques in life from television personalities.

If base your opinions and or actions based on what these news and or TV personalities say/think.

Well then have fun with your delusional, half cocked, misinformed, misguided and otherwise fubard excuse for a life.

BTW:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhlWddAXSRA

It’s like this really. If you take your ques in life from television personalities.

If base your opinions and or actions based on what these news and or TV personalities say/think.

Well then have fun with your delusional, half cocked, misinformed, misguided and otherwise fubard excuse for a life.

Odd; that's the same view the Pharisees had of the early church following Jesus.