Glad to see Beck leaving

I liked Beck a lot until he fell off the deep end. I hope he returns to his old self. It's what brung him to begin with.

I would very much like to know what it is that makes you think he fell off the deep end.

just askin'

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is there historic record of this?

Really, only in the Bible, as far as dissing Christ by speaking out against Paul and his churches. But of course all Jews dissed Christ, as they do today. :stare:

Pharisees and Saducees were Jewish sects, sort of like Shiite and Sunni Muslim division.

- OS

You're almost as bad as the elitist liberals telling us what to think. Quite worrying about the fact that not everyone else is as enlightened as you and can't think for themselves like you do so well.:rolleyes:

Taking no side and complaining about those that do, is as ignorant as taking the wrong side.;)

I am not telling you what to think. I am stating my opinion like everyone else here. It does not make me right, wrong or elitist. If I did think myself to be elitist no one would make me feel bad about it.

Wow.

For you, probably not... but then, that's the "opinion" thing again...

Really, only in the Bible,

and that confirms what I suspected.

I believe most actual historic events are supported by multiple sources, one not being a book of fiction.

I agree with Smith. Some people think that they are better than others because they don't call themselves Republicans or Democrats.

Don't try and hide it. We all have problems. This is your problem LINKS2K. Arrogance.

You see Republicans and Democrats as blind masses who can't think for themselves. You think you are so much better because you have the 'wisdom' and Socratical reasoning to think for yourself.

I'm done.

LINKS2K Me and others on here are just trying to find out what has Beck said that gets you so upset. You made the statement that he is crazy are a bird that just says what he is told. I for one would like to know how you came to this conclusion.

I don't think that I have to be forced to choose between horse crap and bull crap. This is not high school or kindergarden so it matters not what you and others think. The same people bothered by my opinion are mostly the people that felt the same way when MSNBC fired crazy Olbermann. Beck,Olbermann and the others are fine without us.

I feel safe in saying that Beck is not sitting somewhere uptight because someone said something about you. Your self esteem is not my problem. Everyone is not equal! That is the crap that you tell kids to make them feel better.

and that confirms what I suspected.

I believe most actual historic events are supported by multiple sources, one not being a book of fiction.

Are you serious or ignorant? There are numerous historical writings, many by historians during the time that accounted and validate many of the Biblical accounts of events. Not to mention the ever growing archeological findings that grow every year. Believe what you want about Christ claims but the veracity and historical accuracy of the majority of Biblical accounts are not in dispute. Not to mention it is the most sourced and oldest historical writing in antiquity.

Are you serious or ignorant? There are numerous historical writings, many by historians during the time that accounted and validate many of the Biblical accounts of events. Not to mention the ever growing archeological findings that grow every year. Believe what you want about Christ claims but the veracity and historical accuracy of the majority of Biblical accounts are not in dispute. Not to mention it is the most sourced and oldest historical writing in antiquity.

Well, sorry for the aside, but let's be a little more precise, since you brought it up.

Earliest gospel was written some 40 years after the death of "Jesus" (Mark).

Earliest New Testament writing period were some of the 13 or so books attributed to Paul, probably a bit earlier.

There are no mentions of Jesus dated within his attributed lifetime, neither historical nor evangelical. None.

- OS

Well, sorry for the aside, but let's be a little more precise, since you brought it up.

Earliest gospel was written some 40 years after the death of "Jesus" (Mark).

Earliest New Testament writing period were some of the 13 or so books attributed to Paul, probably a bit earlier.

There are no mentions of Jesus dated within his attributed lifetime, neither historical nor evangelical. None.

- OS

Reread my reply. I said believe what you will about Jesus claims, but as a whole the historical veracity of the scriptures is not disputable. However, To assume that within the accuracy of the whole is a segment completely in contradiction to the greater body of work as pure fantasy is not the most scholarly approach to historical writing credibility.

Reread my reply. I said believe what you will about Jesus claims, but as a whole the historical veracity of the scriptures is not disputable. However, To assume that within the accuracy of the whole is a segment completely in contradiction to the greater body of work as pure fantasy is not the most scholarly approach to historical writing credibility.

There is beau coup more written history about those times than the New Testament, none of which of course mentions Jesus.

When one writes a historical novel, one of course generally bases it on the actual otherwise known events of the period, whether it is during or after the fact, so that's a poor premise. Margaret Mitchell didn't have the South winning the war, but you won't find Scarlet O'Hara in other references. :rolleyes:

Btw, I suggest we get back on topic of Beck himself, who may think he's a messiah but I guess that's not really relevant here. ;)

- OS

Edited by OhShoot
I don't think that I have to be forced to choose between horse crap and bull crap. This is not high school or kindergarden so it matters not what you and others think. The same people bothered by my opinion are mostly the people that felt the same way when MSNBC fired crazy Olbermann. Beck,Olbermann and the others are fine without us.

I feel safe in saying that Beck is not sitting somewhere uptight because someone said something about you. Your self esteem is not my problem. Everyone is not equal! That is the crap that you tell kids to make them feel better.

Sorry that what I said hurt you so much and I'm sorry you don't like Beck and I hope someday you will find out why you don't like him.

As far as Olbermann I do not know much about him but when he called Sarah Palin hateful and a fear mongrel for bringing up death panels I no he was way off base and not being honest. that is one thing I don't like about Olbermann.

I know why I don't like him. He is a fear mongering lunatic that takes advantage of SOME people who can't sort thru his theatrics. Thanks for your understanding and compassion.

Those t.v./radio guys do state facts from time to time, but the guys on FOX and MSNBS spend alot of time getting people stirred up. So, when the next one is gone I will be equally happy.

Edited by LINKS2K
I know why I don't like him. He is a fear mongering lunatic that takes advantage of SOME people who can't sort thru his theatrics....

Well, his theatrics are called entertainment. Most of the rest entails interesting juxtapositions of provable facts, which may or may not relate to each other in quite the way they are presented. Except for his wildest "suggestions", I tend to have a "where there's smoke there's fire" view.

My turnoff is that he's become half Mormon Prophet.

- OS

Guest Letereat!
Odd; that's the same view the Pharisees had of the early church following Jesus.

:lol::D;)

Nice try, you think you can draw me into a tirade of blasphemous and heretical nonsense. So you can dispense with me once again.

I have tasted death and it was lonely, and a bit drab:drama::rolleyes:.

Arguing amongst yourselves like a bunch of hens, TURN IN YOUR MAN CARDS!!!:hat:

Guest mosinon

yeah, one of Beck's biggest problems is that he confuses correlation with causality.

That also happens to be his biggest strength. It makes for nice entertainment.

Guest Letereat!
No; I just pointed out your similar position.

"Odd; that's the same view the Pharisees had of the early church following Jesus."-Steelharp

Er,..Uh, whaaat?? You are comparing my view of FOX News nonsense to the pharasees view of Christ and the early church.

SOOOOOO by that line of logic...YOU view FOX News as the Gospel friggin TRUTH... as utterd by JC himself, is that Correct???

What I am saying is READ A BOOK,then READ ANOTHER ONE,study some history, go to the LIBRARY, practice thinking logically, think from the opposing point of view and put yourself in others peoples positions....etc,etc It aint got squat to do with no pharasees, sadducees, essenes, gnostics, coptics, hooptics or pooptics!!