Magpul Flashlight SMG

Guest sling

Unfortunately, it's a machine gun, so it's a no-no for U.S. citizens, except for FFL's/SOT's. So, Joe, when is yours arriving? I'd be interested in one, if the price isn't too unreasonable.

As you may know, I know Richard and the entire crew at MP pretty well.

I have been pretty vocal about my frustration with them introducing badass prototypes and then not taking them to production, or selling the design to a company that will only screw up the original spirit and design (Like they did with the Masada, when they sold it to Bushmaster a few months ago)

We played with the "Glock in a box" out at SHOT, and pretty much fell in love with the overall design.

I spoke with Nick offline, and he confirmed that (as with the Masada) it may only exist as a design study/prototype while in Magpul's hands.

Just like I was promised 2 post sample Masadas that will never come (There are a few Magpul branded prototypes that Richard will control, but all others will be Bushmasters) he confirmed that I shouldnt hold my breath on the SMG.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its actually a prototype that was shown at SHOT this year by Magpul. The receiver and barrel were Glock. There are no plans to market it yet.

With Magpuls past strategy, they show something and then sell the concept off to someone else ala MASADA.

I thought it was pretty cool though.

Rabbi, don't be hating, they might come out with one in a revovler or something.

So why does he say FNP9? Either my hearing is going or else thats the prototype designation or something.

Wrap that thing around a moon-clip fed short barrel revolver in .45acp and I'm there. I might need a shower after just thinking about it.

"FMG9"

Again, it's an old idea. I don't understand why everyone is going ga-ga over this thing. It's like Ruger ripping off Kel-Tec.

http://world.guns.ru/smg/fmg_02.jpg

fmg_02.jpg

Eugene Stoner (the designer of the M16 rifle and then a mastermind of the innovative arms-making company Ares Inc.) developed an idea of the easily concealable submachine gun in the early 1980s. Following many cases of kidnapping of high-ranking politicians and wealthy businessmen (especially in Western Europe and Latin America), Stoner conceived an idea of the "businessman's personal defence weapon" - an easily concealable firearm that could provide serious firepower at shorter ranges. He then developed a folding submachine gun concept - a firearm that can be folded into an unsuspicially looking package and then quickly unfolded and brought to action when necessary. Stoner patented his design in around 1986, and few prototypes were made by Ares Inc in about the same time.
Guest ETS_Inc
OMG thats the coolest thing ever....well maybe not ever, but it ranks up there pretty high. They would sell a sh*t ton of those things if they made a semi-auto only package. Petition??? ;-D

Even semi-auto it'd still be an NFA weapon. First of all, because the barrel is less than 16" and it has a stock, it'd be a short-barrel rifle. Second, if they got rid of the stock, it'd be an AOW, Any-Other-Weapon, because it's concealable, like a pen gun, a cane gun, or the NAA Mini-Revolvers with wallet holster.

Guest ETS_Inc
You have good points but still much easier for us normal civvies to get ahold of then a full auto...correct?

Absolutely, they would be much easier to acquire. But, I think many, many people would balk at spending the money for a tax stamp or at having to go through the NFA transfer process. I do think there would be a limited market for semi-auto versions, even if they were NFA weapons, but I doubt the market would be worth the added investment. (Heck, I highly doubt the market for the select-fire version is going to be financially profitable, either.)