Nashvillians

titan14

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you're gonna be in Franklin, I'd suggest:

*Franklin Chop House - over in front of Kroger near I65

-- Reasonable prices for excellent food.

*Bucca deBeppo - Cool Springs

--- A touch pricey Italian but portions are mammoth and very good.

*Stoney River - Cool Springs

-- the wife and I eat there once or twice a year. Best steaks around, but dining for two will cost you a C note.

*Nachos - My favorite mexican fare in the area

-- It's over next to Home Depot in the franklin area {not the Home Depot in cool springs!} Cheap eats, good food and service

Now if you're headed on in to Nashville I like:

*Demos' - Downtown, it's an Italian steak house. Very good, and cheap considering the quality of food and atmosphere

*Ted's Montana Grill - I don't care for Ted Turner but the Delmonico Bison Ribeye will make you slap your momma for the last bite. It's down on west end I think.

If you're down with Mediterranean food Anatolia on White Bridge can't be beat. Try the baklava. The Palm across from the Bridgestone Arena is good, but a little more pricey. Some of the best cheesecake I've ever had. If you like German food the Gersthaus on Interstate? (across from LP field right next to the Interstate anyway) is pretty good. I'll second Nacho's for Mexican. Italian - Maggiano's on West End is pretty good. Jack's BBQ downtown on Broadway between 4th and 5th is always busy. I like it. If you want some great beer and some food to wash it down you could also do worse than Big River, also on Broadway.

That's all for now.

Guest Drewsett

I serve at Stoney River and I've got a $20 off coupon if you come in and tell me you're a TGO member. I do have a limited supply, so I can't do it forever or for everyone. Send me a PM if you're interested.

As far as suggestions for other places go...all that have been mentioned are pretty good. I would add Dotson's, which is a meat and three and a great breakfast spot as well. It's in downtown Franklin. Cheap and good. Cash only though but there are several banks around with ATM's.

Sol is a great Mexican place in downtown Franklin, a little pricier than the others mentioned, but the quality and freshness is worth the added price. The head chef was trained at CIA (best culinary school in the world) and has won several competitions. The same guys run Red Pony, sort of nouveau American (the Red Pony BLT...Bacon, Lobster and Tomato with yukon gold potato stuffed ravioli in a cream sauce...yum), and 55 South, a Mississippi and Louisiana-inspired southern fare with a cajun twist. All are right next to each other or across the street.

Also in downtown Franklin is Merridee's Breadbasket, a bakery and great sandwich shop. The Viking Bread is the best.

Also in downtown Franklin (and they just opened up one in downtown Nashville) is Puckett's Grocery. Great barbecue, great sweet potato fries, and lots of other good food.

Downtown Franklin itself is a cool place, lots of quaint shops that will keep the missus happy and lots of old historic buildings. There was a civil war battle centered on the downtown area and there is a cool old earthen fort that you can take a brief "hike" to from Pinkerton Park, if you like that sort of thing. Along those same lines, Fort Negley, in Nashville, is worth a look as well.

Enjoy your visit to Middle TN. My family came here from Memphis once too...they decided to stay :D

EDIT:I thought you were from Memphis Titan14, I must have gotten you confused with someone else. I thought I made this great wisecrack and I just look like an idiot who can't read or doesn't know where Church Hill is.

Edited by Drewsett
Misunderstanding

Lots of suggestions about eating. Here's one on what to DO.

If you have time you should take a drive up to Greenbrier and visit the best gun store in the state, Gun & Leather. Say hi to Daniel, Dennis and the guys. Maybe you'll be taking a new gun back home! It's usually an easy drive as long as you don't try it during the rush hour.I believe they are open until 9pm thru the week except for Wednesdays.

Brown's Diner at 2102 Blair Boulevard - BEST cheeseburger in Nashville.

Brown's is good, but I like Rotier's better.

I haven't had it in a couple years, but it is hard to beat Brown's chili.

If you have time you should take a drive up to Greenbrier and visit the best gun store in the state, Gun & Leather. Say hi to Daniel, Dennis and the guys. Maybe you'll be taking a new gun back home! It's usually an easy drive as long as you don't try it during the rush hour.I believe they are open until 9pm thru the week except for Wednesdays.

G&L is great. Jeff is about the only gunsmith around that I will let work on my stuff.

Franklin Gun Shop has about the best selection around. They are high on a lot of things, but will usually work with you.

Uselton's is supposed to have a really nice range, but I haven't been personally.

Lots of suggestions about eating. Here's one on what to DO.

I don't know your interests, but if you are history buff there is a lot to do around Franklin. Just visit the city's website - City of Franklin : Visitors

Best hamburger in town!

While I generally respect others opinions, this is not correct. I suspect the error is lack of exposure to the finer cuisine of nash-vegas. Even accounting for personal preference, they are down on the list.

In my experience, the top five burgers in Nashville are -

Rotier's

Bobby's Dairy

McCabe's Blue Cheese Burger

Brown's

Elliston Place Soda Shop

At best, Fat Mo's has the best drive through burger (but I would pick Backyard Burgers). Fat Mo's secret is just seasoning salt. Try it on your grill at home, and the taste is easy to recreate.

I do miss Fudruckers. Never had the best burger, but they did provide a great burger experience.

Edited by quietguy