- DEAL Spotter -

CDNN had them as well and sold out the other day (yesterday maybe?).
I have been tempted to grab a couple but I promised the wife not buying anything for a while...may end up sneaking a couple.

I have 4 that need uppers but I'm tempted as well just because of the price. Put em back for rainy days. Edited by rugerla1
  • 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to pass this along for those that develop your own loads: http://clarksville.craigslist.org/spo/4862811024.html

I have the same exact one, after laser bore sighting I have been known to dial in a zero after only a couple of rounds usually no more than five.  This coupled with some weighted bags makes shooting some of the big bores a breeze, it takes a lot of the human element out of bench shooting so you can zero in your rifle and eliminate any pulls.  I bought mine for over $100, and BTW I am in no way affiliated with this add .

• Like 1

I have one of these. 

It takes some tweaking to use it with an AR-15. (place a block under the stock to lift it a bit, and jack the front end up, and use shorter magazine).

$40 is not a bad price.

Edited by R_Bert

I have one of these. 

It takes some tweaking to use it with an AR-15. (place a block under the stock to lift it a bit, and jack the front end up, and use shorter magazine).

$40 is not a bad price.

The only downside is using 30 round mags.  I got 20 round mags for it and it works good, but I seldom use it for ARs, only my 303, 30-06 and etc.  I can shoot them without but after a couple of boxes, my shoulder knows I have been shooting them.

The only downside is using 30 round mags.  I got 20 round mags for it and it works good, but I seldom use it for ARs, only my 303, 30-06 and etc.  I can shoot them without but after a couple of boxes, my shoulder knows I have been shooting them.

I guess it depends on your stock.  I was surprised a few weeks ago to find that my rest will not work with my AR/Ace stock and a 20 rnd mag.  It barely works with the 10 rounder (~1/2" clearance after blocking the gun up a bit).

The rest works real well with my other guns.  I have the Caldwell shot bags for it, and easily can put 100lbs of lead...which generally makes it stay put.   

Edited by R_Bert

I guess it depends on your stock.  I was surprised a few weeks ago to find that my rest will not work with my AR/Ace stock and a 20 rnd mag.  It barely works with the 10 rounder (~1/2" clearance after blocking the gun up a bit).

The rest works real well with my other guns.  I have the Caldwell shot bags for it, and easily can put 100lbs of lead...which generally makes it stay put.   

I put my stock so it just lets the mag float, then I pull back into my shoulder so no support is needed under the stock.  With the 30 round I just could not raise it high enough without bringing my POA into the ground or the stock out of the sled.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Not the best defensive ammo but this is a heck of a deal.

Remington Golden Saber rebate, $10 back per BOX up to 10 boxes. You can buy this ammo online for $12.50-$15 per box from 9mm and .45acp, which after the rebate is less than $5 per box for a defensive round. Again, not a HST but most reviews I have seen are decent.

http://www.ammoland.com/2015/11/remington-golden-saber-ammunition-offers-black-friday-savings/#axzz3sBSSqoX3

Not the best defensive ammo but this is a heck of a deal.

Remington Golden Saber rebate, $10 back per BOX up to 10 boxes. You can buy this ammo online for $12.50-$15 per box from 9mm and .45acp, which after the rebate is less than $5 per box for a defensive round. Again, not a HST but most reviews I have seen are decent.

http://www.ammoland.com/2015/11/remington-golden-saber-ammunition-offers-black-friday-savings/#axzz3sBSSqoX3

What is "P & R" as relates to Golden Saber?

- OS

For those close to or traveling through the Huntsville area Larry's Pistol & Pawn in Huntsville is selling Remington Golden Saber in 9MM, .40 S&W, .45 Auto and .357 Magnum for $9.99 per box.  Grabbed 10 boxes earlier today and with sales tax the cost for 10 boxes of Golden Saber was $108.89

After the $100 Remington Rebate the cost for 250 rounds of defensive ammo is $8.89...hard to beat that!!!

(PS - There is a 10 box limit per customer)

• Like 4

Pistol and Revolver best as I can tell. The box in the rebate form matches what I am looking at online.

https://www.targetsportsusa.com/remington-golden-saber-9mm-luger-ammo-147-gr-jhp-gs9mmc-p-1143.aspx

Thanks...

I noticed with quick search that 9mm GS under $20/box is already pretty well snarfed up, so that feller in Winchester is offering a heck of a deal.

Just mostly for the spirit of the thing,  I grabbed 8 boxes of 9mm +p  and 2 of .38 +p from Buds online, will be about .35/round after rebate. Nothing to do cartwheels about, but still not bad at all, and this was already my go-to SD round anyway.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

For those close to or traveling through the Huntsville area Larry's Pistol & Pawn in Huntsville is selling Remington Golden Saber in 9MM, .40 S&W, .45 Auto and .357 Magnum for $9.99 per box.  Grabbed 10 boxes earlier today and with sales tax the cost for 10 boxes of Golden Saber was $108.89

After the $100 Remington Rebate the cost for 250 rounds of defensive ammo is $8.89...hard to beat that!!!

(PS - There is a 10 box limit per customer)

Great Score!!

I read on another forum they sold out by 9:30am. It was a Friday and Saturday deal only. That was an amazing deal even before the rebate.

I'm sitting here looking at their flyer and the Larry's Pistol & Pawn sale runs from Friday Nov. 20 thru Monday Nov. 30. I was at Larry's Friday at noontime and they still had both .40 and .45 available. Their ad claims that they've purchased $300,000 worth of Golden Saber ammo for the sale and Larry said they'll be putting out a daily allotment of ammo every morning till the sale is over. Definitely worth a stop if you're in the area.

I'm sitting here looking at their flyer and the Larry's Pistol & Pawn sale runs from Friday Nov. 20 thru Monday Nov. 30. I was at Larry's Friday at noontime and they still had both .40 and .45 available. Their ad claims that they've purchased $300,000 worth of Golden Saber ammo for the sale and Larry said they'll be putting out a daily allotment of ammo every morning till the sale is over. Definitely worth a stop if you're in the area.

Nice! Never can believe anything posted on those national forums....

I ordered online, not worth my time to drive around to save a few more bucks. After the rebate I will pay $6 per box.
If I needed to I could sell 3 boxes on Facebook just under store prices and have my money back no problem, but this is all going in the ammo can. Edited by jonathon1289

DISCOUNTS & FREE STUFF FOR AGES 50 AND OVER! 

RESTAURANTS:
Applebee's: 15% off with Golden Apple Card (60+)
Arby's: 10% off ( 55 +)
Ben & Jerry's: 10% off (60+)
Bennigan's: discount varies by location (60+)
Bob's Big Boy: discount varies by location (60+)
Boston Market: 10% off (65+)
Burger King: 10% off (60+)
Chick-Fil-A: 10% off or free small drink or coffee ( 55+)
Chili's: 10% off ( 55+)
CiCi's Pizza: 10% off (60+)
Denny's: 10% off, 20% off for AARP members ( 55 +)
Dunkin' Donuts: 10% off or free coffee ( 55+)
Einstein's Bagels: 10% off baker's dozen of bagels (60+)
Fuddrucker's: 10% off any senior platter ( 55+)
Gatti's Pizza: 10% off (60+)
Golden Corral: 10% off (60+)
Hardee's: $0.33 beverages everyday (65+)
IHOP: 10% off ( 55+)
Jack in the Box: up to 20% off ( 55+)
KFC: free small drink with any meal ( 55+)
Krispy Kreme: 10% off ( 50+)
Long John Silver's: various discounts at locations ( 55+)
McDonald's: discounts on coffee everyday ( 55+)
Mrs. Fields: 10% off at participating locations (60+)
Shoney's: 10% off
Sonic: 10% off or free beverage (60+)
Steak 'n Shake: 10% off every Monday & Tuesday ( 50+)
Subway: 10% off (60+)
Sweet Tomatoes: 10% off (62+)
Taco Bell : 5% off; free beverages for seniors (65+)
TCBY: 10% off ( 55+)
Tea Room Cafe: 10% off ( 50+)
Village Inn: 10% off (60+)
Waffle House: 10% off every Monday (60+)
Wendy's: 10% off ( 55 +)
Whataburger: 10% off (62+)
White Castle: 10% off (62+) This is for me ... if I ever see one again.

RETAIL & APPAREL :
Banana Republic: 30% off ( 50 +)
Bealls: 20% off first Tuesday of each month ( 50 +)
Belk's: 15% off first Tuesday of every month ( 55 +)
Big Lots: 30% off
Bon-Ton Department Stores: 15% off on senior discount days ( 55 +)
C.J. Banks: 10% off every Wednesday (50+)
Clarks : 10% off (62+)
Dress Barn: 20% off ( 55+)
Goodwill: 10% off one day a week (date varies by location)
Hallmark: 10% off one day a week (date varies by location)
Kmart: 40% off (Wednesdays only) ( 50+)
Kohl's: 15% off (60+)Modell's Sporting Goods: 30% off
Rite Aid: 10% off on Tuesdays & 10% off prescriptions
Ross Stores: 10% off every Tuesday ( 55+)
The Salvation Army Thrift Stores: up to 50% off ( 55+)
Stein Mart: 20% off red dot/clearance items first Monday of every month ( 55 +)

GROCERY :
Albertson's: 10% off first Wednesday of each month ( 55 +)
American Discount Stores: 10% off every Monday ( 50 +)
Compare Foods Supermarket: 10% off every Wednesday (60+)
DeCicco Family Markets: 5% off every Wednesday (60+)
Food Lion: 6% off every Monday (60+)
Fry's Supermarket: free Fry's VIP Club Membership & 10% off every Monday ( 55 +)
Great Valu Food Store: 5% off every Tuesday (60+)
Gristedes Supermarket: 10% off every Tuesday (60+)
Harris Teeter: 5% off every Tuesday (60+)
Hy-Vee: 5% off one day a week (date varies by location)
Kroger: 10% off (date varies by location)
Morton Williams Supermarket: 5% off every Tuesday (60+)
The Plant Shed: 10% off every Tuesday ( 50 +)
Publix: 15% off every Wednesday ( 55 +)
Rogers Marketplace: 5% off every Thursday (60+)
Uncle Guiseppe's Marketplace: 15% off (62+)

TRAVEL :
Airlines:
Alaska Airlines: 50% off (65+)
American Airlines: various discounts for 50% off non-peak periods (Tuesdays - Thursdays) (62+)and up (call before booking for discount)
Continental Airlines: no initiation fee for Continental Presidents Club & special fares for select destinations
Southwest Airlines: various discounts for ages 65 and up (call before booking for discount)
United Airlines: various discounts for ages 65 and up (call before booking for discount)
U.S. Airways: various discounts for ages 65 and up (call before booking for discount)
Rail:
Amtrak: 15% off (62+)
Bus:
Greyhound: 15% off (62+)
Trailways Transportation System: various discounts for ages 50+
Car Rental:
Alamo Car Rental: up to 25% off for AARP members
Avis: up to 25% off for AARP members
Budget Rental Cars: 40% off; up to 50% off for AARP members ( 50+)
Dollar Rent-A-Car: 10% off ( 50+) Enterprise Rent-A-Car: 5% off for AARP members Hertz: up to 25% off for AARP members
National Rent-A-Car: up to 30% off for AARP members
Overnight Accommodations:
Holiday Inn: 20-40% off depending on location (62+)
Best Western: 40% off (55+)
Cambria Suites: 20%-30% off (60+)
Waldorf Astoria - NYC $5,000 off nightly rate for Presidential Suite (55 +)
Clarion Motels: 20%-30% off (60+)
Comfort Inn: 20%-30% off (60+)
Comfort Suites: 20%-30% off (60+)
Econo Lodge: 40% off (60+)
Hampton Inns & Suites: 40% off when booked 72 hours in advance
Hyatt Hotels: 25%-50% off (62+)
InterContinental Hotels Group: various discounts at all hotels (65+)
Mainstay Suites: 10% off with Mature Traveler's Discount (50+); 20%-30% off (60+)
Marriott Hotels: 25% off (62+)
Motel 6: Stay Free Sunday nights (60+)
Myrtle Beach Resort: 30% off ( 55 +)
Quality Inn: 40%-50% off (60+)
Rodeway Inn: 20%-30% off (60+)
Sleep Inn: 40% off (60+)

ACTIVITIES & ENTERTAINMENT ;:
AMC Theaters: up to 30% off ( 55 +)
Bally Total Fitness: $100 off memberships (62+)
Busch Gardens Tampa, FL: $13 off one-day tickets ( 50 +)
Carmike Cinemas: 35% off (65+)
Cinemark/Century Theaters: up to 35% off
Massage Envy - NYC 20% off all "Happy Endings" (62 +)
U.S. National Parks: $10 lifetime pass; 50% off additional services including camping (62+)
Regal Cinemas: 50% off Ripley's Believe it or Not: @ off one-day ticket ( 55 +)
SeaWorld, Orlando , FL : $3 off one-day tickets ( 50 +)

CELL PHONE DISCOUNTS :
AT&T: Special Senior Nation 200 Plan $19.99/month (65+)
Jitterbug: $10/month cell phone service ( 50 +)
Verizon Wireless: Verizon Nationwide 65 Plus Plan $29.99/month (65+).

MISCELLANEOUS:
Great Clips: $8 off hair cuts (60+)
Supercuts: $8 off haircuts (60+)