Beck vs. Huckabee

As I was perusing a couple of news sites today, I ran across this clip of Beck ripping into Huckabee. While I am not a rabid Beck fan, I do enjoy his radio show and think he is doing a fantastic job in bringing to light issues that our media should be exposing. I am thankful Beck said what he did so that people will wake up and see Huckabee for who he truly is.

Beck says ‘thin-skinned’ Huckabee should stay on the sidelines | The Right Scoop

I have never liked Huckabee. I saw right through his crap during the first presidential debate. Even though I am in agreement with Huckabee on several issues, I would never vote for him. In the category of loathsome politician, I rank him as equal with Obama, Pelosi, and Reid.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest oldsmobile98

I voted for Huckabee in the 2008 primaries. I wish I'd voted for Dr. Paul.

I think Huckabee means well. But he is a politician. We need a statesman in office. Someone who is not afraid to do what needs to be done. Someone who will cut the deficit to zero. Let the moochers and the federal employees scream.

I can hear James P. Bureaucrat yelling now.

"America needs me! If I'm laid off or my pension gets cut, the earth will spin off its axis. A giant asteroid will cause a tsunami. An alien invasion. A plague of locusts!!"

If we cut their pay by half, they will still make more on average than people in private industry.

A reality check is long overdue.

Huckabee is an idiot. Beck's hystrionics are too much as well.

I forget the precise reason (quote) I can't stand Huck but it has something to do with some religious comments made during his last campaign. His holier-than-thou attitude just doesn't cut it and is quite unacceptable.

Edited by Garufa

Huck was the reason we got McCain instead of Romney. Don't know if Romney could of beat Obama but I would of hoped he wouldn't loose his mind and try to suspend his campaign. As 6.8 said RINO...

Huckabee is an idiot. Beck's hystionics are too much as well.

I forget the precise reason (quote) I can't stand Huck but it has something to do with some religious comments made during his last campaign. His holier-than-thou attitude just doesn't cut it and is quite unacceptable.

Precisely. During the first presidential debate, Huckabee made claims that the war on terror was a religious war, and that he would be better suited than the others to understand it because he was the only one with a theology degree. This was the first problem I had with Huckabee; he lied to millions of americans. He does not have a theology degree.

The second problem came about when Huckabee made that deplorable attack on Romney (who is by no means a prize candidate) by stating that mormons believe that Jesus and Satan are brothers. What does this have to do with anything in regards to fulfilling one's role as president? Nothing.

Although I am not a very good representation of a Christian, I do tend to favor those who share my beliefs. In the case of Huckabee, that is most certainly not the case. In the time when certain segments of society are displaying increased hostility towards religion, especially Christianity, I find it refreshing when a candidate has no problem stating or openly display their religious beliefs. To me, that speaks of character. However, when a candidate wraps themselves in the cloth purely for political gain, that candidate is anathema to me. Huckabee did that very thing. He used religion as a political weapon to curry favor from social conservatives, and to attack fellow candidates. This has no place in political discourse.

After seeing those few examples of how low a candidate will sink to achieve political office, my suspicions were pretty much confirmed. I do not think the man can be trusted. When his rinotastic gubernatorial record is coupled with his actions during the campaign, there is no possible way I could ever vote for such a person.

As far as Beck goes, I like Beck. As I stated earlier, I think he does some good work. However, I also realize he is an entertainer as well, thus the ostentatious histrionics.