Holster suggestions...

Guest mklaglock19

Guest mklaglock19

I just got my HCP today so I need to start thinking about a holster. I posted about this in Self Defense but I figured it might be a good idea to post here as well. Anyway, I am 4'11 and weigh about 95lbs and will be carrying a Glock 19. I will also most likely be carrying a 2 year old at times so keep that in mind. Any and all suggestion are appreciated.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a BIG fan of Kramer holsters. I have the "box ol holsters" that has expanded into a plastic filing cabinet.

I can't tell if you're Male or Female, but Kramer also has a line of womens holsters as well.

I'm rocking one of their IWB#3s in horsehide for my 1911 as I type.

Don't expect to hit it the first time. We all have the "box 'o holsters". You will have to try several before you find what works for you. And even then, I am still looking for the perfect one.

And, a good thick belt makes all the difference when carrying on the waist.

I have tried these with good success for belt carry:

Crossbreed Supertuck

K&D Thunderbird Defender

Don Hume 721OT

Edited by DaddyO
I am 4'11 and weigh about 95lbs and will be carrying a Glock 19.

Physics are getting in the way. :drama:

A full size Glock is hard for a man twice your size to conceal. I would say your only hope is to get a good belt, OWB holster, and just let a loose fitting shirt or blouse hang over it.

Wow. With your size limitations, I'd go with a smaller and thinner gun, like a Kel-Tec P-11 or PF-9, or a Kahr PM9, or maybe the new little Ruger 9mm. I'm 5'11" and 250 lbs. and I have to wear a really loose shirt over my jeans to conceal my Glock 23 (same size as the G19). I love my Kel-Tec P-11 with a Crossbreed Supertuck.

As far as holster recommendations, and if you're looking at carrying IWB (in waistband), I'd go with a Crossbreed Supertuck in horsehide, a K&D Thunderbird Defender, or if you want a more value priced holster, the Kholster is a great choice as well. You really can't go wrong with either of those three. I will tell you that the Kholster is the most depth and cant adjustable, then the Supertuck, then the Thunderbird. Thunderbirds are awesome, light, and really comfy, but they don't have a lot of room for adjustment. The Kholsters are probably the most adjustable holster that's made and they are also very comfortable, just a bit heavier because of having more leather on them. For me, the Supertuck is just perfect......not to heavy, super comfortable, and just enough room for adjustment.

Good luck finding one that you like! Oh, and remember, the key to having a good holster fit and work properly, is putting it on a good stout belt that's specifically designed for carrying a gun.

(I love my K&D gun belt!) :lol:

Take a look at a paddle type holster. I'd like to find one for my P238 but no one is making one that I can find, most likely because of its size.

I think a paddle type would work best for me with my SR9, 5'8" 175#.

I just got my HCP today so I need to start thinking about a holster. I posted about this in Self Defense but I figured it might be a good idea to post here as well. Anyway, I am 4'11 and weigh about 95lbs and will be carrying a Glock 19. I will also most likely be carrying a 2 year old at times so keep that in mind. Any and all suggestion are appreciated.

The ideal situation would be if you can find a store that will let you try out several

& see what works. At best you may find what works for you, at worst, you'll eliminate

a few.

Good luck, & welcome to the club.

Guest mklaglock19
I can't tell if you're Male or Female, but Kramer also has a line of womens holsters as well.

I am a female. I don't wear belts...but I guess that will have to change. I normally wear tighter jeans and shirts but I guess I will have to change that as well. Off to Wally World to get some big baggy t-shirts. lol

Guest mklaglock19
Wow. With your size limitations, I'd go with a smaller and thinner gun, like a Kel-Tec P-11 or PF-9, or a Kahr PM9, or maybe the new little Ruger 9mm. QUOTE]

The problem is that I am comfortable with my Glock. I am not a big gun person but I actually like this one.

Guest mklaglock19
The ideal situation would be if you can find a store that will let you try out several

& see what works. At best you may find what works for you, at worst, you'll eliminate

a few.

Good luck, & welcome to the club.

Thank you. That is a good idea. Do you know of any stores that allow you to do that?

Thank you. That is a good idea. Do you know of any stores that allow you to do that?

Can't name one off the top of my head, but likely most would work with you. Just

check around. Any that won't, would be a good idea to move on anyway.

Visit the gun shows. Better selection there. Find one you like, then check for prices

at a store or online.

Good luck to you. You'll get there.

I am a female. I don't wear belts...but I guess that will have to change. I normally wear tighter jeans and shirts but I guess I will have to change that as well. Off to Wally World to get some big baggy t-shirts. lol

There is a nice lady salesperson at the store in Lebanon, Lebanon Gun Shop that I'm sure could help. Maybe there's a saleslady and a gun store near you?