So I Got Me A Glock

krunchnik

Did I do OK,I traded a fella my Taurus M85 in .38 Spl for his gently used G30,its been awhile since I had owned a plastic wonder.We traded even up so I figure I did OK.Well in any event heres a pic of the (everyone knows what they look like)Glock G30.Is it a fact that we shouldn't use hardcast bullets in these pistols,inquiring minds want to know.

IMG_1408-1.jpg

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it a fact that we shouldn't use hardcast bullets in these pistols,inquiring minds want to know.

Yes, you should use only jacketed bullets due to the polygonal rifling in Glock barrels. Using lead bullets, even hardcast, can cause extreme leading of the barrel and can cause a kaboom.

If you want to shoot lead you can buy a replacement barrel with standard, land and groove, rifling from Lone Wolf Dist. for about $100.

Edited by Karnage
Guest The Highlander

I rather foolishly traded away a G30 a few years ago. Indeed it was much more accurate than you would ever expect. Considering what I know of Taurus and Glocks, you got a smokin' deal.

Yes, you should use only jacketed bullets due to the polygonal rifling in Glock barrels. Using lead bullets, even hardcast, can cause extreme leading of the barrel and can cause a kaboom.

If you want to shoot lead you can buy a replacement barrel with standard, land and groove, rifling from Lone Wolf Dist. for about $100.

What Karnage said is correct.

This is correct. You also need an aftermarket barrel to shoot reloads because the factory barrel has an unsupported chamber that has led to ruptured cases. I have a Lone Wolf barrel and I am very happy with it.

great deal, you mostly here bad things about glocks from people that never had one. but rarely from people that have had one. My instructor in my handgun class is a former tn. state trooper and former marine, he said he couldnt make one fail. Excuse me sir, did I say former marine. once a marine , always a marine.

Edited by gl19gobang