Herman Cain 2012

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Lester Weevils

If Herman Cain gets sufficient traction, the long knives will come out and the press will report stories that make him out to be an idiot scoundrel.

Maybe there really are fatal undesirable things I do not know about the man. However, as far as I know Herman Cain is about the only candidate I like.

I like Ron Paul, but sad to say Ron is too old and can't win.

Maybe some of the other candidates are OK, but I don't get a good feeling about any of the rest of them.

I worry about Herman's cancer returning. Elections are high stress long slogs. He's about as old as I am. I could never campaign for 2 years running, and ain't ever had cancer yet. Stress is bad for anybody, especially cancer survivors.

Guest Oaklands

He fills in for Neal Boortz from time to time. I like his position and think he would make a great candidate. I only hope he would attack the major issues and not give them lip service like other candidates. I believe he would take a good look at the "Fair Tax" as well.

Guest mosinon
If he does run, and he does win in 2012, when the radical left starts attacking him and his character, can we accuse them of hating him because of his skin color?

Here's the thing about that:

The left would, they would call him an uncle Tom and likely question the veracity of his presidency. Just like people do with Obama.

Here's the deal: Your pigmentation doesn't really matter.Conservatives would be all over an Ayn Rand believing black guy. They would be all over a conservative hispanic. Crap man, they'd be all over a Guatemalan illegal immigrant as long as he preached less taxes for the rich, less discretionary spending and so forth. As much as everyone wants to call the tea party racist they are wrong. The hate for Obama, as misplaced as it may be, isn't because he is black, it is because he has a D next to his name. And that scares the crap out of some people.

Prepare yourself for the next Republican nominee to be loathed by a lot of people because he doesn't fully embrace their ideals. People have given up on generalities, so you have to go full bore with the extreme fringe of one party or the other.

Ronald Reagan once siad that he didn't the leave the democratic party, the party left him.

Now more than ever people are realizing this. If a dem had my same values and ideas as mine I would be supporting them. The problem is that they have always leaned left to the point that they took the place of the Socialiist Party.

Guest Overtaker
The hate for Obama, as misplaced as it may be, isn't because he is black, it is because he has a D next to his name.

Or maybe it's because of the gigantic spending bill, healthcare deform, wealth redistribution, higher taxes, etc.

Guest oldsmobile98

Be careful, gents.

Here and here are columns by Herman Cain from 2008 explaining why he supported TARP I.

He was Deputy Chairman of the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City from 1992 to 1994.

He was Chairman of the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City from 1995 to 1996.

, and
are videos of him explaining his views on the Fed.

I believe that we must end the Fed if we are going to restore sound money to America. The Fed does not fight inflation. It creates it!!

On the front page of the website of the Minneapolis Branch of the Federal Reserve, there is a calculator that lets you find inflation. A dollar's worth of goods today would have cost you four pennies in 1913 (the year the Fed was created).

We must kill the central bank, as Jackson did.

754px-General_Jackson_Slaying_the_Many_Headed_Monster_crop.jpg

From what I have seen and heard I would vote for a Cain/West-West/Cain ticket before any other team I could think of!

I agree with D. Warren. I've just started listening to Herman Cain. I have been following Lt. Col. Allen West for a while now. Both appear to be top notch Conservatives. They appear to understand the U.S. Constitution, the dangers of this out of control debt and spending, and the threat the terrorist pose to our safety.

I don't know if he's electable, but Ron Paul is speaking my language tonight in this debate.

I hate to say it, but while Cain makes some good points, he makes GWB look like a great orator. Plus from the links above, it sounds like he's more of the same...

Guest mosinon
Or maybe it's because of the gigantic spending bill, healthcare deform, wealth redistribution, higher taxes, etc.

Well, you say that. Gigantic spending bill which either party would have done, healthcare deform which was the same as the republican offering when Clinton was first in office, wealth distribution which Obama hasn't been pushing, higher taxes (which hasn't happened).

So you're basically pissed because of what? The D next to his name?

Guest Overtaker

Well the Fox News focus group favored Herman Cain by a long shot. Only one person preferred him before the debate, but he was nearly everyone's favorite at the end.

Well, you say that. Gigantic spending bill which either party would have done, healthcare deform which was the same as the republican offering when Clinton was first in office, wealth distribution which Obama hasn't been pushing, higher taxes (which hasn't happened).

So you're basically pissed because of what? The D next to his name?

Are you seriously suggesting that had Republicans controlled the Congress and White House that they would have passed a $1 trillion deficit spending bill, pushed through healthcare deform, and advocated raising taxes on high earners (that's wealth redistribution when you single out one group of people. Especially when nearly half of U.S. households don't pay income tax)? The GOP was running a ~$550 billion deficit, then the Democrats took over and increased the deficit by over 250% with nothing but $1 trillion+ deficits in sight with no plan to bring it down.

Obama did those things and that is the reason for opposition to him. I don't know if you noticed, but it is about the issues, not the party. Did you sleep through the Republican primary challenges against RINO incumbents?

Obama is a bad president because of his positions, not because he's a Democrat. We don't want to just put a Republican in the White House--we want a conservative.

Guest mosinon

Obama is a bad president because of his positions, not because he's a Democrat. We don't want to just put a Republican in the White House--we want a conservative.

Well, I can get down with that.

Though I will say that if republicans were in control not much would be different. Which is kind of the point.