Guess Silvers Price Game - Win a Free Silver Eagle

In away to show my thanks to TGO and the support I have received I want to do a little guessing game and give away a free Silver American Eagle 1$ Silver coin 99.9% silver one ounce.

Rules:

Post your guess (with not going over) as to what silver price will be at the close on May 9th 2011.

You must be a TGO member before today's date and have at least 5 post

One guess per member please.

The one who makes the closest guess with NOT going over will be the winner.

If there are 2 guesses that are the same the first guess counts.

Deadline to make a guess will be May 2nd 2011 12PM EST.

This image is what will be used to determine the winner you need to refresh this page to see up to the moment price.

silver.gif

Thank you everyone and good luck with your guess! ;)

Edited by JeffsSig
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Lester Weevils

Short-term prediction, betting no change seems as safe as anything else-- But no change from what duration? Or should it be no change of absolute dollar amount or no change of the current vector?

It has been climbing since Jan 28, 2011, with no more than a 2 dollar amplitude of daily jitter.

So one might least-squares fit the trajectory of the last week or month, projected into the future.

Have a gut feel that it will continue to rise in the short term and a projection might be safe, but silver has been gaining a pretty long time and it stands to reason it will break sometime.

Will go with the mean of the last 10 daily prices = $44.00

I quit buying silver when it passed $20. It seemed improbable that it could long-term sustain that price. So it shows my ignerance. Same reason I'm still not buying.

You can be thankful I haven't thought about selling. If I decide to sell, the price will drop like a stone. It is a law of nature. :rolleyes: