Pics of new Bushmaster M4

It's a 16" A3. I picked it up from my FFL on Wednesday. I'm going to sight it in tomorrow..

I have added a couple things already, a Yankee Machine 4 rail forestock, vertical foregrip, and a Hogue pistol grip. It really feels a lot better and more balanced since adding those things.

Next will be optics.

I'd like to get a nice sling for it, too.

Here are a couple pics:

m4-1.jpg

m4-2.jpg

m4-3.jpg

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have one very similar to that, and my 4-Rail & vertical fore-grip are somewhere between here and the shipping point right now. Optics and a good three point sling are next for me, probably an EOTech of some flavor for the optics, I'm still shopping for a nice 3 point sling.

This is from today @ 25 yards off a bench. It's ok for being out of the box but it was so WINDY where I was today (Stones River TWRA Range) which is surrounded by the lake where the winds are even stronger. Anyways, I shot a few 25 yard groups which looked like that and a few 50 yard targets. The 50 yard shots all had to be held on the bottom left edge of the target because of the wind. I didn't want to waste a bunch of ammo trying to sight it in perfectly in the wind so I'm going to shoot again on a calm day.

20 rounds of Remington UMC: I'll be happy when I can do that at 100 yards with these factory sights.

m4target.jpg

Guest Archimedes

Sweet!!

Nice rifle. Nice shootin'.

You lucky SOB. :D:blush:

I went to the pawn shop today cause someone said they had an AR.

Got there and some guy was buying it!!!!! It was a Les Baur or something like that. Anyone ever heard of a brand like that?

~Archi

[quote name=

Got there and some guy was buying it!!!!! It was a Les Baur or something like that. Anyone ever heard of a brand like that?

~Archi[/quote]

les baur builds one of the best ar's on the planet acording to shotgun news. also he used to be big into ford drag racing. his rifles sell for 2k+

You bet.. let me know when a good time is for you.

I was beside you on Andrew Jackson the other night btw :blush:

I was probably oblivious. Since you sold the Camry I don't know what your daily driver is.

I would like to hook up sometime if you don't mind. I'm jonesing for an AR but I've never shot one.

I don't know yet. I'm getting some reticle ideas from here: http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=18&t=264481

I like the idea of the holographic sights but I'll probably use it to do some coyote hunting and I'd like a little bit of zoom for that. I'll probably limit the cost to around $400 for whatever I get.

Coyote hunting with that thing?.....daaaamn.

You could take deer with it. I don't know if anyone hunts animals larger than deer with them because much larger and you're going to need a lot more energy and weight so it can punch through thick muscle and bone for a humane kill. Sure a .223 would eventually kill a moose or elk, but you want to kill it quickly and that requires a bigger, more powerful cartridge.

A lot of people I know still won't hunt deer with a .223 out of habit. Until 2006, you were required to use at least a .24 caliber. I prefer .270's for deer, but that's just my personal preference.

.223 is perfect for varmints. I'm planning on getting a second upper for my AR to hunt varmints with. A flat-top with a 4-12x scope will do the job nicely once I have the time to get it properly zeroed in. I'll probably pick up a skeleton stock to go with it so I can switch out my collapsible stock though.

Guest Archimedes
les baur builds one of the best ar's on the planet acording to shotgun news. also he used to be big into ford drag racing. his rifles sell for 2k+

Ya, I found that out....too late!!!!

He sold that rifle for $1100. :)

~Archi