Moon clips for S&W 442

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just traded by S&W 637 in for a 642 with the cylinder cut for mood clips. Unfortunately, I have only had a chance to take it out once and I only put maybe 15 rounds through it. I think I shot 10 rounds without the clip and 5 with the clip. Shot just like my 637 that I traded it for. It is very hard to load that last round into the moon clip. It is also very hard to remove that first round from the clip. It is super easy to load the revolver with the moon clip compared to a speed loader. The main reason I traded was for the internal hammer that would not snag. the fact that the model came without one of those California locks and that it was cut for moon clips was gravy.

The only factory j-frames that take the moon clips, to my knowledge, are the pro series revolvers. Other j-frames can have their cylinders cut to accommodate the moon clips. Getting my j-frame modified is on my list of things to do.

I just traded by S&W 637 in for a 642 with the cylinder cut for mood clips.

Can you post some close up pictures of the cylinder? I wouldn't have guessed there was enough extra steel in the top of the cylinder to do that mod.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

TRADING POST NOTICE

Before engaging in any transaction of goods or services on TGO, all parties involved must know and follow the local, state and Federal laws regarding those transactions.

TGO makes no claims, guarantees or assurances regarding any such transactions.

THE FINE PRINT

Tennessee Gun Owners (TNGunOwners.com) is the premier Community and Discussion Forum for gun owners, firearm enthusiasts, sportsmen and Second Amendment proponents in the state of Tennessee and surrounding region.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is a presentation of Enthusiast Productions. The TGO state flag logo and the TGO tri-hole "icon" logo are trademarks of Tennessee Gun Owners. The TGO logos and all content presented on this site may not be reproduced in any form without express written permission. The opinions expressed on TGO are those of their authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the site's owners or staff.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is not a lobbying organization and has no affiliation with any lobbying organizations.  Beware of scammers using the Tennessee Gun Owners name, purporting to be Pro-2A lobbying organizations!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to the following.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.