trying to post an add and cant

this is what i am receiving

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

got any ideals ???

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I hate that local people miss out on stuff I have for sale because of this stupid rule. I know I'm gonna get pounded for saying it but its the way alot of people feel. I guess I'll keep posting for sale ads on other boards. I love coming to this site and reading the tech stuff but for someone like me and other folks thats been here almost from the beginning this really sucks. Yeah its just 35 bucks a year but why pay it when I can sell stuff other places for free? Oh well just venting I guess. I'm sure this will be deleted before anybody sees it.

I hate that local people miss out on stuff I have for sale because of this stupid rule. I know I'm gonna get pounded for saying it but its the way alot of people feel. I guess I'll keep posting for sale ads on other boards. I love coming to this site and reading the tech stuff but for someone like me and other folks thats been here almost from the beginning this really sucks. Yeah its just 35 bucks a year but why pay it when I can sell stuff other places for free? Oh well just venting I guess. I'm sure this will be deleted before anybody sees it.

I would bet that your comment will be saved for posterity.

Quit your whining and cough up the money if you want to sell something. Running a website is not free and that fee goes to keeping the place up and providing the great resource that it is.

"Wahhh, I want something for nothing, I'm entitled!"

I'm sure the many sponsors of this site pay to run it. The money from members is going into somebodys pocket. This is the only site I get on with this requirement. Most have post and membership length requirements to post for sale ads. Like I said before I'm gonna take a beating for going against the owners of the site and that's fine. I'll continue to sell my stuff on other sites.

Guest Bronker
...I'm sure this will be deleted before anybody sees it.

Vent away. We don't delete the 'fun' stuff. We'll call it your' denouement", just for kicks.:up:

I'm sure the many sponsors of this site pay to run it. The money from members is going into somebodys pocket.

Please, teach us more! Share your knowledge of forum admin with us!

I'm sure the many sponsors of this site pay to run it. The money from members is going into somebodys pocket. This is the only site I get on with this requirement. Most have post and membership length requirements to post for sale ads. Like I said before I'm gonna take a beating for going against the owners of the site and that's fine. I'll continue to sell my stuff on other sites.

Who cares? This isn't a public place, it's a private place open to the public. I believe he charges more so to keep the idiots out. People who just wanna sell and contribute nothing. Second, there's no rights or privileges here, it's not a democracy, TGO is an Absolute Monarchy. You have to pay to play because King David says so. I didn't particularly want to pay $35 just to be able to sell my stuff, but those are the rules. I knew those rules before I got started here.

Who cares? This isn't a public place, it's a private place open to the public. I believe he charges more so to keep the idiots out. People who just wanna sell and contribute nothing. Second, there's no rights or privileges here, it's not a democracy, TGO is an Absolute Monarchy. You have to pay to play because King David says so. I didn't particularly want to pay $35 just to be able to sell my stuff, but those are the rules. I knew those rules before I got started here.

It didn't use to be that way. That's something that got changed after the site got popular. I'm done here.....I've said my peace.

That was two or three years ago, and you needed a minimum post count at the time. At the time it seemed best. I'm sure David had his reasons for changing it, not that he needed them or anyone's permission.

I find it interesting to note that this site works when a lot of other will not. This site, I have yet to see anything truly disgusting, be it sexual filth or what have you. If I only knew those two things it would be enough, but there's more here. THAT makes the $35 worth it.

Thanks David.

• Admin Team

This forum is worth something for two reasons:

First, David puts a lot of time into making sure it runs, and runs well. This thing isn't sitting on a $4.95/month shared hosting server.

Second, the community here is pretty good at policing itself. As mods, we really don't have to do that much cleanup. When a member reports a post, we see it and if warranted, do something about it. But, this community is pretty good at recognizing that the code of conduct is here for a reason, and the community is better for it.

I always find it funny that some of the people who like to bash the community the most turn around and expect something to be given to them in return. I would guess if you polled most of our members and asked, "Was your benefactor membership worth it?". Forget supporting the site. Just simply, were you able to sell your item conveniently, quickly and for a fair price? An overwhelming majority would say yes.

That's worth something to me.

• Administrator
It didn't use to be that way. That's something that got changed after the site got popular. I'm done here.....I've said my peace.

entitlement%20chrisb%20in%20sea.jpg

Thanks for sharing, though. Complaining that you're not getting something for free that other people see the value in and are willing to support doesn't make you seem like an entitled douche at all. It just makes me want to put even more effort, use more of my free time, and spend more of my money making the site better for everyone else.

Guest clownsdd
How much do sponsors pay a year? I'm just curious.

I would think you could apply for a sponsorship to get pricing, otherwise, and I apologize in advance, it's none of your business.

Probably because it's obvious that you're just prying for info to throw up as an argument as to why you feel so entitled.

Quit whining about wanting to be a freeloader - pay up or shut up.

I'm done with the issue. I'm just curious what sponsors pay. Thats something that also used to be public info. There are shops in west tn that might be interested in sponsoring if members could give them pricing info. Is there a list of sponsors anywhere? Just wondering if we have any west tn sponsors now.

Guest rebeldrummer
I'm done with the issue. I'm just curious what sponsors pay. Thats something that also used to be public info. There are shops in west tn that might be interested in sponsoring if members could give them pricing info. Is there a list of sponsors anywhere? Just wondering if we have any west tn sponsors now.

That info is between the sponsor would be and the admin of the site. Not any of us!?

And the way I see it, for $35 my market has widened from just local, to anyone in TN that has money and will travel? I have been able to sell firearms on here that I couldn't find a buyer for here locally. That's worth it to me.