• good gun but not for carry
    • glock sucks
    • ok gun but i like revolvers
    • junk gun but i like revolvers
    • who cares as long as it dose it job
    • nothing special, they are simply adequete
    • an excellent concept, but with a few design flaws

Guest YANKEE2500

Given the same amount of time for sales the XD will never catch Glock. I have a G-19 i bought about 20yrs ago, and have put many thousand rounds through with no issues, also have a G-36. You can't find a more relieable gun. John

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Dean_JC78

I have never been much of a fan of Glocks but I believe it is just a personal preference thing. That by no means is saying they suck but rather I enjoy others more.

No they do not,

I am a 1911 guy through and through, that is my carry gun and will always be, However , Glocks are Die Hard reliable firearms that go bang when you pull the trigger every time, I have never owned one but have shot several if you want a 1911 to be as reliable, you will pay alot of money for a High end one like I have several times, for the money Glocks are the best no frills pistol on the market and have been proven to be more than reliable, the thing I will like best about it, is that it is ugly and I can beat the crap out of it and never worry :rolleyes:

Edited by willis68
No they do not,

I am a 1911 guy through and through, that is my carry gun and will always be, However I will be getting a G21SF for a home defense pistol from Hero Gear, I am trading one of my 1911's for it and a SBS Benelli Shotgun, Glocks are Die Hard reliable firearms that go bang when you pull the trigger every time, I have never owned one but have shot several if you want a 1911 to be as reliable, you will pay alot of money for a High end one like I have several times, for the money Glocks are the best no frills pistol on the market and have been proven to be more than reliable, the thing I will like best about it, is that it is ugly and I can beat the crap out of it and never worry :eek:

Waadid I say? ;)

I traded one of the first production Kimber Custom Classic's for my G21SF, I loved that Kimber, there was no other handgun I've had that was as accurate as that Kimber but it wasn't as reliable as I would have liked it. I was sad to see it go but I thought I had made a logical decision since I didn't have the $$$ to buy the Glock outright. I can't print targets with the G21 like I could with the Kimber but I can hit the center of a torso target with it 13 times and never had to clear a failure to go into battery malfunction with it like I had to do quite a few times with the Kimber.

Guest Verbal Kint

Pretty sure this has been posted on here before, since it was written in 2005, but it's worth bringing back up in light of this thread.

Glock 21 Torture Test

This guy beats the ever loving crap out of this Glock over a 10 yr period. We're talking 150k rounds, 15k without cleaning... buried in various soils, sands, powders, mud, etc... salt walter baths... shooting it with another gun... running over it in a vehicle... dragging it behind said vehicle on a paved road... dropping it 500' from an airplane going 100mph.

And it still fired and functioned normally. :D

Pretty sure this has been posted on here before, since it was written in 2005, but it's worth bringing back up in light of this thread.

Glock 21 Torture Test

This guy beats the ever loving crap out of this Glock over a 10 yr period. We're talking 150k rounds, 15k without cleaning... buried in various soils, sands, powders, mud, etc... salt walter baths... shooting it with another gun... running over it in a vehicle... dragging it behind said vehicle on a paved road... dropping it 500' from an airplane going 100mph.

And it still fired and functioned normally. :up:

Several similar tests have been done on XD, also.

Here's just one:

http://springfield-armory.primediaoutdoors.com/SPstory11.php

Also, Guns and Ammo did one on XD; did the 1,000 round quickie AFTER firing 15K rounds or better and AFTER torture tests. And unlike what's his name's 1000 round test, the XD didn't melt and spit out the guide rod like the Glock did! (edit: Chuck Yeager, couldn't come up with it at the time)

- OS

Edited by OhShoot
addl info
Guest Verbal Kint
Several similar tests have been done on XD, also.

Here's just one:

http://springfield-armory.primediaoutdoors.com/SPstory11.php

Also, Guns and Ammo did one on XD; did the 1,000 round quickie AFTER firing 15K rounds or better and AFTER torture tests. And unlike what's his name's 1000 round test, the XD didn't melt and spit out the guide rod like the Glock did!

- OS

While that test did include 20k rounds and then the 6 trial test (ice, dirt, mud, water, degreaser, and tire), it definitely did not stack up to the same abuse in the test I posted.

That's not to say the XD wouldn't perform equally. It just didn't see the same "scientific methods" that the G21 was subject to. lol

But you have to admit the author of the link I posted definitely went all out. It was actually humorous in the extent of "tests" he tried to throw at the Glock. Dragging the gun down an asphalt road? Chucking it out of an airplane at 500 feet? The entertainment value alone was worth admitting that the Glock held up to abnormal loads of abuse and kept running. :up:

You have to give credit where due, even if you hate the design or platform. I'm far from a Glock Koolaid drinker. Actually I'm not a fan boy of any platform, as I simply choose a specific model that works for me regardless of who's name is stamped on the slide or molded into the polymer.

While that test did include 20k rounds and then the 6 trial test (ice, dirt, mud, water, degreaser, and tire), it definitely did not stack up to the same abuse in the test I posted.

True, but that was just one of several I've read, first one I quickly found a link to.

Find the Guns and Ammo one, they did some rather bizarre ones too, like throwing off cliffs and whatnot.

You have to give credit where due, even if you hate the design or platform. I'm far from a Glock Koolaid drinker. Actually I'm not a fan boy of any platform, as I simply choose a specific model that works for me regardless of who's name is stamped on the slide or molded into the polymer.

Totally agree...hey, there is NO doubt that a Glock is as durable and reliable a shooter that exists. I may even own one at some point.

For a good while, I had narrowed down my last choice between new gun to Glock 26 or XD SC 9. Chose the XD cause:

- Glock aims high for me (and many other folks) and I've been working on point shooting. (Although the Glock hits just as well as my XD using sights.)

- XD has both the loaded chamber indicator AND cocked indicator, both visual and tactile. A small point, just nifty

- I find something more aesthetically pleasing about the XD SC shape; although many would call both guns somewhat ugly:)

- The biggest: I really am comforted by the XD grip safety. I wouldn't want an actual manual safety, but the grip safety is totally unobtrusive. And gives me that extra little edge, mainly when reholstering; no worries about the minuscule chance of shirt or anything getting inside the trigger guard to cause ND, long as I don't press that grip safety down, I've got extra safety edge.

- OS

dependable gun, simple to shoot ,without all kinds of levers and buttons, bulky and clumsy tho, but overall a good gun, there is better guns out there but I think Glock delivers very good for the price...loved my 21C but wouldn`t carry it, too big...

True, but that was just one of several I've read, first one I quickly found a link to.

Find the Guns and Ammo one, they did some rather bizarre ones too, like throwing off cliffs and whatnot.

Totally agree...hey, there is NO doubt that a Glock is as durable and reliable a shooter that exists. I may even own one at some point.

For a good while, I had narrowed down my last choice between new gun to Glock 26 or XD SC 9. Chose the XD cause:

- Glock aims high for me (and many other folks) and I've been working on point shooting. (Although the Glock hits just as well as my XD using sights.)

- XD has both the loaded chamber indicator AND cocked indicator, both visual and tactile. A small point, just nifty

- I find something more aesthetically pleasing about the XD SC shape; although many would call both guns somewhat ugly:)

- The biggest: I really am comforted by the XD grip safety. I wouldn't want an actual manual safety, but the grip safety is totally unobtrusive. And gives me that extra little edge, mainly when reholstering; no worries about the minuscule chance of shirt or anything getting inside the trigger guard to cause ND, long as I don't press that grip safety down, I've got extra safety edge.

- OS

In the spirit of Mars, this is something we both do/did when he had an XD, agreed on and discussed, with XD's that help with no AD while reholstering. If you rotate your thumb so that the tip of the thumb is resting on top of the rear sights while you reholster, the pressure on the grip safety is released, thus making the trigger non-operable. This is a great technique while reholstering a XD.