Around Ammo Shortage?

cyh1830

I know this is not the appropriate forum but close enough. It does involve "handgun" ammo.

Went to Wally World today and for the first time in months I was limited to 6 boxes.

The guy said they were informed, of the limit, over the last couple of days. "Slow to get it in."

Anyone know anything about this. I did an internet search and an article was posted for the Wall Street Journal that sales of guns are up 12.7% the first quarter of this year. Highest in three years. Hence, a run on ammo.

Fallout from the Tucson incident?

Gun Sales Brisk, Ammo Shortage Reported | Survival And Prosperity

Edited by cyh1830
  • Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest mrkirker
Most likely due to the recent hysteria posted by internet dealers on price increases in component materiel and the subsequent panic it has caused.

Go to the head of the line!

I was recently at the Alcoa Hwy WW and thought I would grab a couple boxes of 9mm range fodder. In addition to the sporting good counter swamped with fishing license buyers (Friday night at WW is a sight to behold) they were cleaned out of 9mm and .40.

I'll have to check Turkey Creek.

I'm back to buying online and indeed the dollar cost averaging of ammo is pushing the cost curve back up. Commodity (metals) is driving the cost and buying frenzy again.

I was recently at the Alcoa Hwy WW and thought I would grab a couple boxes of 9mm range fodder. In addition to the sporting good counter swamped with fishing license buyers (Friday night at WW is a sight to behold) they were cleaned out of 9mm and .40.

I'll have to check Turkey Creek.

I'm back to buying online and indeed the dollar cost averaging of ammo is pushing the cost curve back up. Commodity (metals) is driving the cost and buying frenzy again.

I just went to the WW on Clinton Hwy tonight and they have plenty of 9mm, .22LR, and .40. The only boxes they are low on are the 100 round Winchester boxes and they only had 4 on the shelf. Also, by plenty of ammo, I mean at least 30+ boxes on the shelf of various brands. I think on 9mm, the shelves were pretty full of Winchester in 50 rounds and 100 rounds and they had a bunch of TulAmmo 50 round 9mm boxes. I didn't look for Federal 9mm but they did have a bunch of 50 round boxes of .40.

Seems like all the 45acp has disappeared! Had you seen any of those? I bought two 50-rd boxes of WWB a couple of weeks ago but really wanted the 100 count like you mentioned. Didn't know if they had reappeared--haven't checked since then.

Guest motonut
Seems like all the 45acp has disappeared! Had you seen any of those? I bought two 50-rd boxes of WWB a couple of weeks ago but really wanted the 100 count like you mentioned. Didn't know if they had reappeared--haven't checked since then.
Got one of the 250 rnd. boxes a couple of months ago but I haven't seen them since. The Mount Juliet WM is hit or miss when it comes to ammo, always seems if I'm looking for .40 they're out but have lots of 9mm. If I want 9mm they've got everything else! Oh well, I just stock up on what they have, I'll use it eventually.
Guest mrkirker

Might be more of inventory situations than an over-all shortage. During a recent trip to the SW, I noticed that the shortages due to the recent panic have pretty well been covered, at least in the local shops checked in MS and across TX. Even found plenty of 8mm, which was a surprise.

I never look for 45 but I'll check the next time I go to WW.

Guest motonut

Just got back from the Mt Juliet WM, I've never seen such a diverse selection of ammo there since the store opened. Boxes of WWB 45, even had several boxes of both .380 and 357 Sig. Can't say I've ever seen WWB 357 Sig.

I guess they showed me!

Guest GLOCKGUY

I just bought 10 boxes on WWB 9mm at walmart today and the guy at the counter never said a word to me about a limit.

Man, you guys really need to take up casting and reloading.

Well, as a matter of a fact I am taking up reloading. I havent crossed the casting off, talked to a couple of older guys about it yesterday, in fact. I figure I will get the reloading going and see how that goes. I needed to add a small bench in my laundery room, ended up replaceing the floor today - to say its not going well would be an understatement! lol