Lay-a-way and AWB's

Here's the situation. Funds are a little tight, but I can probably stand to put a few dollars a week into a gun if I put it on lay-a-way. I have a problem with spending cash if it is in my pocket.

The question is, if I put a bushmaster or colt AR-15 on lay-a-way and during the time it is in they pass a ban forbidding the purchase of ANY "assault" weapons, do I still get to get it out since I started the purchase prior to the ban or would the gun store be required to return all of my money to me?

I think I might go this route if any of the local shops offer decent terms.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would go ahead and do it. If for some crazy reason that happened you would get your money back.It would be like a bank they would be holding your funds so yopu won't spend them.Get your money back and then go by one from an individual.

Guest Archimedes

Hmmm....Interesting thought.

I'd have to lean towards Drews take, though.

I think I'll do that myself, regardless.

~Archi

Guest GlocKingTN

By the way, the store in Jackson, TN called Parkway Gun has Lay-A-Way for a period of 1 year. In other words, you have 1 year to get your item out of Lay-A-Way. Not 60-90 days like most places. So they are much easier to work with than some gun shops. Ask for Kyle (also known as Greentimber on here). He is a super nice guy!

Guest Greentimber

Thanks for that, though I assure you it's not 100% true. I just put on a good show. :blush:

To clarify, the layaway plan goes ALL year, not necessarily A year. If you start a layaway in January you get a year. If you start a layaway in december, you get a month. Now is a good time! You can even do a layaway on a gun we have to order.

Just for info, btw, I don't make anything on sales. I'm not here shilling to line my pockets. I just want to get as many shooters in the population as possible.

Guest Archimedes

Ok, Timber.

How does it work if you do something like that?

Do you have to fill out a NICS form then or when you are about to actually take possesion of the firearm?

Just wondering. I'd like to be able to make a deposit and payments online or through snail-mail and pick the gun up when it is paid for. ...Seeing as how you are like 4-5 hours drive time from me.

~Archi

Guest GlocKingTN
Ok, Timber.

How does it work if you do something like that?

Do you have to fill out a NICS form then or when you are about to actually take possesion of the firearm?

Just wondering. I'd like to be able to make a deposit and payments online or through snail-mail and pick the gun up when it is paid for. ...Seeing as how you are like 4-5 hours drive time from me.

~Archi

No forms or anything until the gun is ready to be picked up. Other than the Lay-A-Way forms. I also believe he ask's for 20% down, but Im sure he will work with you on that!

COOL! I like that idea.

I wish we had someplace around here that did that!

as it is, I have to save my pennies and then go down to knoxville to pick up an AR from coal creek armory.

The Grand Commander of the Avenging Flotillas said that since I got her the engagement ring, I can get one pistol..so I'm pretty much like a dog a the treat section of petsmart...*sigh*

Guest Archimedes

Actually, I found a guy here in Cookeville that finances them.

I may go that route if the interest isn't outrageous.

TOP GUNS

2025A BURGUESS FALLS ROAD

COOKEVILLE TN, 38506

(931) 432-2233

rn1@charter.net

Anyone have any experiences to share on the Smith & Wesson M&P15?

I know that someone said stick with the ABC's, but this is S&W.

Model: M&P15

Caliber: 5.56 mm NATO / .223

Action: Gas Operated Semi Automatic

Capacity: 30 Rounds, 5.56 mm or .223

Overall Length: 35" Extended / 32" Compacted

Stock: 6-Position Telescopic

Forend: Thermo-Set M4 Handguard

Sight Length: 14.75"

Barrel Length: 16"

Barrel Twist: 1 in 9"

Weight (No Mag): 6.74 lbs.

Trigger Pull: 7 lbs. (approx.)

Upper/Lower Material: 7075 T6 Aluminum

Barrel Material: 4140 Steel

Chromed Components: Barrel Bore, Gas Key, Bolt Carrier

Receiver and Barrel Finish: Hard Coat Black Anodized

Front Sight: Adjustable Post

Rear Sight: Adjustable Dual Aperature

Any thoughts?

~Archi

Guest Archimedes

Well, I suppose I'll just go with the S&W.

I dunno why but I feel kinda like Captain Ahab at a Greenpeace meeting.

~Archi