Best Cerakote pricing around?

I'm looking to get my Sig P220 Cerakoted. I've heard prices in upwards of $350.00. Sounds a little high to me. Anyone know where to take it that's reasonable? Locally is preffered as I don't want to ship it and mess with transfers. Thanks.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually there is no transfer if you are sendign it in for a "repair". You just need to find a way to mail it to the FFL doing the repair and then they will mail it directly back to you. Repairs are not like sales and they do not need to be transferred. The FFL logs it in for repair and then logs it back out when they mail it back to you. No need to have a FFL mail it or receive it.

With that being said I would look at Predator Custom Shop in Knoxville. They list a pistol as costing $165. They call it Rhinohide but it is actually Cerakote. That is what they use to coat all their firearms they do. Cerakote is an amazing coating that works really well. Coating is one of their bread and butter services they do. They coat firearms and parts for several large manufactures as well as several LE agencies. And I can say that they probably have more experience in coating firearms than most shops. Every day they are in their shop they are coating firearms and parts.

One more reason to use them is they are decent people. They will do what you want to make you a satisfied customer. They have done doezens of jobs for me and I have never had a problem. They are one of the few shops that I know of that will do the crazy, wacked out projects I am known for. Most other shops have laughed me out of their shop but not Predator.

PREDATOR Custom Shop

3550 Papermill Drive

Knoxville, TN 37909

Phone: (865) 521 - 0625

Fax: (865) 521 - 0624

sales@predatorcustomshop.com

Shop Hours:

Wednesday - Saturday

10:00 am - 6:00 pm

Dolomite

Guest adamoxtwo
I have never heard anything bad about Predator but I also like to support our TGO Vendors since they support the site. One option is King's Custom Coatings who is a vendor here.

King's Custom Coatings

Give them a shot and see what they offer?

I second Kings Custom Coatings. They are good people who will take care of you!

I have never heard anything bad about Predator but I also like to support our TGO Vendors since they support the site. One option is King's Custom Coatings who is a vendor here.

King's Custom Coatings

Give them a shot and see what they offer?

Thank you!!

I second Kings Custom Coatings. They are good people who will take care of you!

Thanks fellas!! Will mark you down for additional discounts!!

I'm looking to get my Sig P220 Cerakoted. I've heard prices in upwards of $350.00. Sounds a little high to me. Anyone know where to take it that's reasonable? Locally is preffered as I don't want to ship it and mess with transfers. Thanks.

No transfer here! I'm a FFL holder and all TGO members get additional discounts. If you want, give me a shout. For 90% of the handguns that come through the shop, the price range is from 175-250 not including shipping.

I have most popular colors in stock!

Well, my post seem to have disappeared.:koolaid: Flyanything, D&T does this service and you will save a minimum of $100 just in shipping, not to mention wait time, and shipping liability. We do cerakote or duracoat in the flavor of your choice including different camo patterns.

Well, my post seem to have disappeared.:) Flyanything, D&T does this service and you will save a minimum of $100 just in shipping, not to mention wait time, and shipping liability. We do cerakote or duracoat in the flavor of your choice including different camo patterns.

Wow!! That's some expensive shipping!! Good thing Ive not had to break that kind of news to customers yet. I don't shop international but I plan on getting the additional license as I get request for it from overseas.

Yup, next day air through UPS is around $45-$50 one way before insurance and packing. So yes, pretty darn close to $100 for both ways. :) I've shipped a lot of guns as a private individual and it is not cheap or convenient .... to do it legally.

Ohhh I see. Maybe because of my shipping discounts through the shop, I'm not charged as much. All my shipping accounts have been established for a while.

I finally got around to looking at my prices for shipping overnight express within 300 miles.

It will cost right around 20$ for overnight shipping of a handgun.

I finally got around to looking at my prices for shipping overnight express within 300 miles.

It will cost right around 20$ for overnight shipping of a handgun.

Seems like a reasonable cost (and I'm sure you don't set it, just passing along). From what I've seen your work is excellent but I just prefer to buy black guns :up:

Seems like a reasonable cost (and I'm sure you don't set it, just passing along). From what I've seen your work is excellent but I just prefer to buy black guns :up:

Thanks man! Yeah you'd be surprised of the black guns that I re-finish in black lol.

Thanks again!