who's been shot?

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently Buford Tune? It seems Buford had ANOTHER negligent discharge DURING A CLASS. Last time, no one was hurt. This time, HE SHOT HIMSELF in the hand, losing a finger.

It is said that Tune had been doing classes at Gun City.

Having had numerous documented negligent discharges during classes, and also being one of the few in Tenn to have their Handgun Carry Permit Class School creds revoked, might it be perhaps time for this one to go home and leave the training to those who are not so controversial or potentially dangerous to be around?

BB gun fight...at the lake. There was this kid who had a Daisy with a tractor valve spring instead of the standard OEM spring...he had stand on it to cock it. This thing really HURTS. He decided I was the target of the day and kept peppering me. I snuck into the house...got my Benjamin 22 pellet rifle...8 or 10 pumps...shot him through both cheeks... just my luck they healed to be the cutest dimples...drove the girls nuts...I think he got lucky before anyone else in my age group...and I managed it at 14.

Then there was the time my wife got her mitten caught in the trigger and shot between my legs. And the Browning HiPower that shot two for one pull...the second shot bounced off the first and hit my foot. Didn't do any damage until I picked up the bullet...wretched thing was still hot and it burned my fingers. I hated that gun!!

Bajabuc,

I've learned something tonight. You're an exciting fellow to be around. You must be living right.

:P

I've learned quite bit myself. Think it was safer to be in 'Nam than be around you guys.

At least I knew when I got shot, it wasn't no accident. LOL

Guest HvyMtl
Well, I'm guessing you didn't appreciate that, but I do. Thank you, even though I was yet to be born, I appreciate you doing it along with all the other vets out there.

Same here!

:P I can only say ... ... ... ... honestly, I don't know WHAT to say ... ... ...

I got a few good tales, but nothing, and I mean NOTHING, that compares with some of these !!!!!!!!!

Keep it up, fellers. I am flat enjoying this thread !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By the way ... Grunt ... and others who are serving / have served ... please accept my "thanks" as well ...

Guest TackleberryTom

I was 12yrs old at a friends house in Fl and we were out shooting .22's and the .410 shotgun at misc. items. We found an old piece of plywood (don't remember how thick it was) so we drew a target on it and were shooting at it.

We decided to get his mom's little micro .25 auto and were shooting at the plywood but it didn't seem like it was making any holes. So I went up to the plywood, approx 15 feet away and fired at the plywood, well, the bullet wasn't penetrating at 50ft and it didn't penetrate at 15 ft either. The bullet bounced off the plywood and hit me in the chest.

Fortunately it didn't penetrate me either. It knocked the wind out of me and I thought I was going to die. I had a bruise and that was all. To this day I still despise the .25 caliber. I have never shot one since then.

I did get hit in the foot by one of my .45acp ricochets at an indoor range. That didn't hurt at all, just startling.

Guest Dukebb23

What an amazing story. I only shot one kid with a like 22 daisy back when I was 14. It was a great shot from like 3 houses down, but he got the revenge with having his mom show up with me still out there plinking. Needless to say that my bb gun privileges were given up til I was like 17. Nothing like you guys stories but I guess we all live and learn.

Having had the BB gun adventures I knew what to say when my 7 year old said, "Kin I have a BB gun...Jerry has one." (Jerry was 6 it wouldn't pierce paper but it was a BB gun) "Nope...BB guns are for breaking glass...I'll get you a .22." "Oh GREAT!...pistol or rifle?" "Always pushing ain't ya kid? Pistol...you're kinda little for a rifle." HiStandard Plinker...and a couple bricks of ammo...he got pretty good. then he got a 10/22 Centenial model. We lived on a 66k acre ranch in Wyoming...with prairie dogs. The land owner started buying him a brick a week.

Edited by bajabuc

I had my share of BB gun war wounds, though nothing real exciting. The best story I've got I was only a witness to.... A friend and I were having a BB gun war with his older brother and another friend. Our "safety gear" consisted of pants and long sleeves (in the summer) and bandanas wrapped around our heads such that only a slit for our eyes was exposed.

My friend and I had run from behind one set of bushes to another to get closer to the other guys. We ran through a hail of BB's and dove behind this bush. My friend had a CO2 pistol and (in classic TV/movie style) stuck his hand up and fired a few shots from his back in the other guys general direction. We heard his brother holler so we called "time-out" and went to see what happened. One of the BB's hit his brother directly between the eyes. A quarter inch to either side would have blinded if not killed him. So we rooted through the garage, found some safety goggles and kept playing...

My brother had a Crossman spring load bb gun and I had a sling shot. We set off to the woods behind my house to go "bird hunting". He was about 25 yards in front of me and I had a quick thought..... wonder if I could hit him in the back of the head from this distance. Don't know why I did, but before I had another though I pulled the sling shot back and found out I could hit him in the back of the head. He charged at me with his little spring loaded gun cocking and firing as fast as he could while I was in the feetal position flinching everytime I heard the spring click. I have never told him, but he missed every shot.

Edited by bigwakes

Had a M2 .50 cook off just as we were clearing it. I was standing about 7ft away and caught brass in my forearm, upper chest, and face. My glasses caught a few pieces or I would have lost my sight. Fortunately, nobody was leaning over the gun.

A friend and me were out shooting .22s at a local clay pit/dump when I spotted an old 1"water house on the ground and decided to take a shot at it. Lucky me I hit it right at the brass coupling and the riochet hit me in the right temple. Sure was glad I was far enough back for it not to break the skin. I discovered at an early age the brass is a lot harder that lead.

I've learned quite bit myself. Think it was safer to be in 'Nam than be around you guys.

At least I knew when I got shot, it wasn't no accident. LOL

I'm a Vet but got out in 1960 before TSHTF in Vietnam...sorry you got shot...thank you for doing your duty.

Guest kirkosaurus
Apparently Buford Tune? It seems Buford had ANOTHER negligent discharge DURING A CLASS. Last time, no one was hurt. This time, HE SHOT HIMSELF in the hand, losing a finger.

It is said that Tune had been doing classes at Gun City.

Having had numerous documented negligent discharges during classes, and also being one of the few in Tenn to have their Handgun Carry Permit Class School creds revoked, might it be perhaps time for this one to go home and leave the training to those who are not so controversial or potentially dangerous to be around?

He blamed on a striker fire Walther PPK. Said he was racking the slide and the gun just went off. Yeah, right. You pulled the trigger buddy.

He blamed on a striker fire Walther PPK. Said he was racking the slide and the gun just went off. Yeah, right. You pulled the trigger buddy.

Sounds like the guy is an idiot. Multiple AD's/ND's by anyone should make them realize that firearms are not their forte. Maybe he should take up knitting classes, less dangerous, oh wait he might put his eye out.

Dolomite

Guest kirkosaurus
I didn't know a PPK had a striker.

I'll admit that I don't make a habit of putting my finger over the muzzle when I'm racking the slide either.

Sorry, it was a P99. Went back and read the email from him again.