Trigger Job Recommendations? Nashville Area

Guest MrCleaner30

Trigger Job by Jerry Miculek - GunVideo.com

Trigger Job by Jerry Miculek

Trigger jobs are fairly easy to do yourself on S&W DA revolvers. If you need a barrel setback, or forcing cone recut then you need a gunsmith. Even if you don't want to do your own trigger job you would be doing yourself a favor just to watch the DVD and at least take apart your S&W DA revolver with Jerry Miculek as your guide.

I took a look at the trigger job on a 442 a smith did up on the Chicago area for an FBI friend of mine. He was charged 180.00 and all the "smith" did was put in some Power Custom shims. I took the gun apart and showed the agent. I wonder if that smith can spell "audit?"

At least if you watch the Miculek DVD you will then know what the smith is going to do for you and you will be able to look the work over yourself when you take the sideplate off. Can a smith do more than the Miculek DVD as far as a trigger job? Of course but you would have to get the smith to give you a list of each step he is going to take and I am not sure they do that. For instance you can polish the pins and even the holes that in the trigger that fit over the pin. You can polish every friction point, etc. etc.

Ruger SP101s aren't that hard to spruce up either. I've done a couple of friends and myself.

Guest MrCleaner30

Thanks for the info. I'll check it out.

Trigger Job by Jerry Miculek - GunVideo.com

Trigger Job by Jerry Miculek

Trigger jobs are fairly easy to do yourself on S&W DA revolvers. If you need a barrel setback, or forcing cone recut then you need a gunsmith. Even if you don't want to do your own trigger job you would be doing yourself a favor just to watch the DVD and at least take apart your S&W DA revolver with Jerry Miculek as your guide.

I took a look at the trigger job on a 442 a smith did up on the Chicago area for an FBI friend of mine. He was charged 180.00 and all the "smith" did was put in some Power Custom shims. I took the gun apart and showed the agent. I wonder if that smith can spell "audit?"

At least if you watch the Miculek DVD you will then know what the smith is going to do for you and you will be able to look the work over yourself when you take the sideplate off. Can a smith do more than the Miculek DVD as far as a trigger job? Of course but you would have to get the smith to give you a list of each step he is going to take and I am not sure they do that. For instance you can polish the pins and even the holes that in the trigger that fit over the pin. You can polish every friction point, etc. etc.

Ruger SP101s aren't that hard to spruce up either. I've done a couple of friends and myself.