Ayone else Fly Fish?

Rob, you should hit the Elk River below Tims Ford Dam. Lots of stocked rainbows. Lots of it can be waded, but you do need to check the generation schedule, the water comes up fast. I got stuck in the middle when I was a teenager and I had a friend die there next year by getting caught in rising water.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest tnh2owader

Love to fly fish as often as I can. Fish the Clinch and Holston in east end of the stateon a regular basis. Let me know if you like to go sometime and welcome.

• 4 weeks later...

Caney fork is great. If you go to the fly shop at bass pro, they have the generating schedule on the white board, as well as what flies are working best. Fly south in nashville also has that info, but I go to bass pro because it's closer and they have ammo and candy :-) another good place is the creek over at loretta lynn's ranch, it's accessible to the public.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest AMERICAL

PARDS: The last time I went fishing was when I was a Kid, (pole and bobber), many, many years ago. I went with my Church group over in Arkansas to the spring river, had a GREAT time, caught 1 on my 2nd cast! next day caught 5,(TROUT) want to go again SOON! (Chomping at the bit), I would like to try the caney fork river, I have read some good reports about it. It is only about 4hours from here. Fly fishing looks very relaxing, however I use a spinning outfit. Another question: Do any of you carry while fishing? I thought about that while I was out in the middle of the stream, what IF: an undiresable comes along, whether it be 2 legged, 4 legged or slithers on the ground?

Guest Appalachian

I've been mean'n to polish up on my fly rod skills (skills is a exageration) all summer but aint got around to it yet, it would be nce to be ready for some trout fish'n next spring, but blue gills would be just great because they never let ya down when a man wants to catch fish.