My wife says that grillin' out don't count as cooking!

She says anything you can do and drink beer is a recreational activity so grilling out doesn't count as cooking. I ain't figured out that logic yet but I will be cooking chickens this afternoon and sipping a cold one.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Bronker
She says anything you can do and drink beer is a recreational activity so grilling out doesn't count as cooking. I ain't figured out that logic yet but I will be cooking chickens this afternoon and sipping a cold one.

She needs a history lesson!:)

chuckwagon5.jpg

She is wrong. Whether cooking food over fire, electric, charcoal, microwave, it is all preperation of a food. There fore it is cooking whether beer is involded or not. I can drink a beer in front of the stove just as easily as i can in front of the grill. LOL

Guest db99wj

Yep, I would agree with her and then go eat MY dinner in front of the TV. When she asks where is her food I would say I didn't cook tonight.

she is wrong, and I suspect she knows so.

No one ever claimed women speak logically, or that what they say is really what they mean.

Mike...I'll tell you a secret...If there are two ways a woman can take a remark..I GARENTEE! you she'll pick the one that makes her feel bad!

My wife is constantly fishing for compliments..but she always takes what I say to mean what she "feels"...and she don't feel good about herself.

you are right Buc, there is no way to win when dealing with the fai...meaner sex.

I know that any innocuous comment I make will be twisted, heard in a way I did not intend or even say, and then used against me.

I can't even tell her that dinner was delicious. She will then comment something to the extent of " what do you mean by that?" If I say thank you for dinner she will say " I know pork roast is not your favorite but thats what all we had"

Mostly at some point during the morning hours she will call me and ask what I feel like having for dinner. Note the " feel like having". I dont' feel much of anything while at work other than sore muscles. And after near 25 years she should know that when cornered and demanding a response for that question my response is always, yes always chicken.

Not that I love chicken all that much its fine and all but I figure it is the safest answer. Sometimes she will make chicken other times she makes whatever the heck she wants to make. I never say it but I do think it, that then why did you even ask!

and in those 25 years I have never even one time made a disparaging remark about how the food was.

But on the bright side I grilled a T bone steak for breakfast today, it was wonderful. On the down side, even though I told her last night I was going to do that, ( another story why there was one steak in the fridge, not important anyway but she made the other one last night while I was at cub scouts.) any minute now she will notice I made the steak and then comment how she was going to fix breakfast this morning. And of course it will be presented in a manner that I have now ruined her morning.

I can't wait for OS to come get me so I can get out of here to do some manly stuff today. Is it 11:30 yet? With a little luck neither of us will have a "have you ever been shot" story to add to that thread.

Guest boatme99
I can clean out the gutters and drink beer, does that make cleaning gutters recreational?

Maybe not recreational, but certainly more exciting!