Would you rather be OC sprayed or be Tasered?

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If I had to pick, OC. Because its less likely to kill me.

So having been sprayed, did it render you defenseless or could you still fight back?

I've often thought I could still get a few good licks in even if sprayed.

A well placed taze seems to turn the person limp noodle pretty quick.

Depends. I've been hit with both before.

If it's just to do it. I'll pick the taser every time. The ride is over after a few seconds.

If I'm being attacked I'd rather get hit with the OC.

You can fight through OC. A taser pretty much stops you form doing anything at all.

Mike

Edited by Mike

There was no way I could fight through it. It did incapacitate me. Some people think they can get some licks in but really that is not the case. The taser will only affect you for about 5 seconds. then it stops. The oc keeps going. much more painful.

There was no way I could fight through it. It did incapacitate me. Some people think they can get some licks in but really that is not the case. The taser will only affect you for about 5 seconds. then it stops. The oc keeps going. much more painful.

You can build a tolerance to the spray though. My brother (a thug in every sense of the word) used to let his jailers spray it in his mouth. He would taunt them knowing he was going to get sprayed. I don't think you can build a tolerance to a tazer though.

I grow habaneros and other hot peppers in my garden. I have so many and am so cheap that I eat them all rather than let them go to waste. Come september and october I have a pretty staggering tolerance to heat.

I actually, on a bet, ate a hot wing covered with OC spray. It was damn hot, but I did get it down.

Now I realize that I couldn't take it in the eyes or nostrils, but I can believe the story above about the thug/inlaw being able to do so.

That being said I believe that I would prefer a barbless tazer if I had a choice in proving manliness.

If I was being attacked by a bad guy....I would much rather face against someone with OC. For their sake they should hope to hit those eyes - small target.

Been sprayed with Saber Red. I remember thinking it didn't burn my throat too bad. Then it got to my eyes. It felt like someone took a handful of gravel shoved it into my eyes and ground it in.

From what I've been told, take the tazing. It's over in a few seconds. Spray is the gift that keeps on giving...esp in the shower.

What I don't understand, is, you don't have to be shot to carry a gun, beat with a baton to carry one, but you have to be sprayed/tazed to carry the things.

I have been through the CS chamber in basic training. No fun, but I think I would take it over the taser. The trick to the shower is take a cold shower so the CS/ OC doesn't steam up. I have heard the spray is a little more intense though.

Guest bkelm18

Never been sprayed or tasered, but the CS chamber in Basic about did me in. No way I could fight through that. Felt like getting hit in the chest with a sledge hammer.

I got OC sprayed yesterday for some training and Let me just tell you, It sucked. Even this morning I felt the after affects of it in the shower. It reactivates. Boy does it suck. So what would you rather get?

I have been shot and sprayed . I would rather be shot with the taser . The spray lasts bout 25 minutes and sucks ass . The taser is a walk in the ball park. Most people dont know it but the Taser is a whole lot easier to handle than if you put your hand on a Briggs and Stratton engine's spark plug wire . Now THAT is a shock!!!!

Next time you are mowing the grass , reach down and touch the spark plug wire . It is a whole lot WORSE than a taser , at least to me .

Never been sprayed or tasered, but the CS chamber in Basic about did me in. No way I could fight through that. Felt like getting hit in the chest with a sledge hammer.

I still have memories of that day in Basic training!

Yet another club I don't want to be a member of.

Most people dont know it but the Taser is a whole lot easier to handle than if you put your hand on a Briggs and Stratton engine's spark plug wire . Now THAT is a shock!!!!

Next time you are mowing the grass , reach down and touch the spark plug wire . It is a whole lot WORSE than a taser , at least to me .

Well, when I was a kid I pulled a plug wired off of a running motorcycle, Honda 50, Lets say it was a self correcting mistake.

However I would not have done it, if some older boys had not shown it to me about 10 minutes before when they had taken it off so my motorcycle would not start. So I was trying to figure out the puzzle. so I had it running and took it off to see what would happen. ZAP

Guest SUNTZU
Lets say it was a self correcting mistake.

:)

I watched two big guys get sprayed while partying on the strip after a night time UTK football game. I laughed and laughed then coughed and coughed. Damn wind.