ANYONE HAVE EXPERIENCE WITH A S&W 1911?

Guest dubaholic2

Guest dubaholic2

i have a gentleman interested in trading me a stainless s&w 1911 for my xdm .45. i really like it and am wanting to trade him, i believe. everything ive read says they are fantastic. any personal reviews would be appreciated.

Guest dubaholic2

thanks to all for the info. hopefully meeting up with him sunday. i love my xdm, but i really miss my 1911 and this one really does it for me. if it works out ill have 3 xd/xdm .45 mags for sale.

I have one just like that....it is about as sweet a shooter as I have ever owned. Love the external extractor, and I have noticed that the ones with the big SW1911 billboard on the side are a little tighter than the newer ones. If you are getting a decent price or trade I think you would not be any worse for wear if you picked it up.

Here is mine....is a really really good gun and really loves my slower 200 grainers at 800fps or so. Can shoot it almost as good as my Ruger MKII. The bushing is tight, but there is some take up in the trigger....like most non-custom 1911s

SW1911.jpg

Edited by I_Like_Pie
Guest 556or762

I have the 1911PD 4" it has run flawlessly for me since I bought it I think I have put about 600 rounds thru it now and it has had 0 failures. I was worried about the external extractor due to the problems other manufacturers had in the past but this thing just plain works. Great Choice!

im not sure of the model number, but here are a couple pics.

2011-05-26_06-13-47_840.jpg

]

The first 1911 I ever shot looked just like that one, accurate and very reliable. My friend had me sell it fior him. I should have bought it for myself.

Guest JustMyLuck

I have that exact 1911. As others have said it shoots great with zero issues.

It's my "go to" gun. That says it all.

JML

Guest dubaholic2

i ended up not trading. when we met it appreared to have rust spots or something like that on the slide. it wasnt pitted, but definitely discolored and wouldnt come off. oh well, next time i guess.

Guest dubaholic2

thats a fact bender. i probably could have taken it to a smith and had it fixed, but id have had more in it at that point than what it would have been worth. i really liked it, but just couldnt justify it.