High Point .40 review

Guest 10mm4me

Guest 10mm4me

I just put a High Point through it's paces!! I'll tell you what. It was rough,but I managed to put 8 rds, each of different manufacture, through the gun. I now believe this is by far one of the most reliable, robust guns I have ever used. I know, I know, there are some people out there who suggest firing a substantial number of rounds through a gun in order to test reliability and functionality, but that's nonsense. If you need a great gun, that is completely reliable, get a High Point .40, it's made in America and it's completely reliable because I put 8 rds through it. .

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest BungieCord

High Points serve the purpose of self defense much better when used as a blunt instrument rather than a firearm.

What about the rest of the review. Tell us about the slide to frame fit, machining and sights. Is the safety frame or slide mounted?

Publish the rest of the review. Then put it on Todd's site.

Then it will be on the internet and it must be true.

I had a Hi Point JCP .40 S&W and sold it for whatever reason a few years ago. After a little while i really regretted it.

The last gun show here in Knox I bought another NIB one, 155 bucks plus tax and tics.

Took it out the next day to shoot it. The gun shot awesome. Two failures to load( out of 100 rounds) but I blame operator error on it, loose grip. All other rounds shot well, the gun functioned great. It grouped well and shot right to point of aim with no sight adjustments.

I have put more rounds through it since then and no failures at all.

Fit and finish are as good as any gun I have handled. The safety is frame mounted and the slide stays open after the last shot

Yes it is big and bulky, but I would rather shoot it if I needed too than throw it. And if I need to shoot it, I am very sure it will do the job.

The gun is 100% American made with a warranty second to none. NO way to go wrong by owning one.

As for the OP, I assume his post was a joke and taken that way by me.

Edited by Mike.357

Hey, for some folks maybe all they can afford is a Hi Point. If all they need is something for protection, especially home protection, it is a great deal.

I have a .40 and a 9mm carbine, and don't regret buying them.

All my other guns in the safe don't seem to mind having in the same confined space.

Me, I just like guns.

Hey, for some folks maybe all they can afford is a Hi Point. If all they need is something for protection, especially home protection, it is a great deal.

This

AND a man with a High Point who practices and maybe even gets professional training beats a couch commando armed with the best money can buy, ANY day. It ain't all about the kit, it's all about the operator.

This

AND a man with a High Point who practices and maybe even gets professional training beats a couch commando armed with the best money can buy, ANY day. It ain't all about the kit, it's all about the operator.

^ Couldn't agree more! +1

I am sure I will buy a .45 one day. Gotta have the trio!

i bought my 9C or is it a C9? FTF at a gunshow, it shoots fine too.

And you can't beat the 9mm carbine for a CQB rifle, it is accurate as all heck and very reliable. Also available in .40 and .45.

Guest Aces&8s

I have a .40 and a 9mm carbine, and don't regret buying them.

All my other guns in the safe don't seem to mind having in the same confined space.

Me, I just like guns.

A Hi-Point JCP .40 S&W was my first handgun. It was heavy as a brick, ugly as sin, and was one of the most reliable guns I have ever owned. After hearing about what a bad gun it was from what seemed like everyone I knew, I traded it for a NIB Ruger P95. I have regretted it ever since.

The C9 I bought shortly after getting the JCP still resides at my dad's house and is his go-to knock-about gun, spending most of its time in tackle boxes, glove compartments, etc., and has never failed him. The 995 carbine I still have, and intend on keeping it, as it is a great little rifle.

Are they for everyone? Not at all. But they are decent firearms at a good price point that may be all some can afford. Personally, I commend Hi-Point for filling a niche that is needed.

Here's wishing the OP good luck in finding another forum to peddle his enlightened views.

Don't let the door hit you on your way out.

Mac,

Thanks for Banning him, he ripped of some good folks on a couple of knife forums that I frequent

• Admin Team

I can appreciate a dissenting view. There's no reason to be a jerk just to stir stuff up, though. He posted his view in the SR1911 thread and was called on the way he posted. Had that been it, he would have gotten a pass. People have differing views all the time. His was probably a view worth discussing in a different thread.

Instead, he couldn't discuss his views like a big boy, got his feelings hurt, and posted this "better than all of you" thread. I'll tolerate you being arrogant. We've got all flavors of arrogance around here.

But, in my book, you only get to be malicious once. And, at that point you've shown you're no good for this community. Either get a better position or better rhetoric.

This guy won't missed.

And you can't beat the 9mm carbine for a CQB rifle, it is accurate as all heck and very reliable.

I'm glad it works for you. My experience was totally the opposite. Owned two of them; figured the first one being so bad was a fluke. The second was no better.

Vive la difference!

I'm glad it works for you. My experience was totally the opposite. Owned two of them; figured the first one being so bad was a fluke. The second was no better.

Vive la difference!

The weak link in all Hi Points are the mags. They usually need a little tweaking. Once the lips are tightened up just a bit they seem to run fine. I also put some Remington Dry Lube in them.

As a last resort you can ship it back to Hi Point and have them check out the rifle. I don't know what they do but from what I have read of others experience they come back fixed. And they also include a magazine or two to offset the cost of the shipping to send it back to them.

The only problem that had stumped me on my carbine was the bolt being hard to release after it held open after the last round. I tried oil and then grease on it but had no better luck with it releasing easily. It took some muscle to get it to go back forward. But after several hundred rounds through it that problem has gotten better. The older model carbines do not have the hold open feature and if one so chooses they could remove it from the new model.

On my 9C ( or is it C9?) the pistol only had the ghost ring sight. I do not care for it. I called Hi point and told them I bought it used and inquired about buying the regular rear sight. They sent me one for free.