Firearms Classifieds *Glocks*

I didn't know where to put this, and I know no one will care, but; There's been several Glocks for sale lately. Surely I'm not the only one who knows little to nothing about Glocks though I've been tempted many times to buy one.

It seems that most Glock owners take for granted that everyone knows the caliber just from the model number. You guys wouldn't be out much to type 9mm or 40 S&W or what ever in your ads somewhere. There's been a bunch of them lately with no caliber designation in the ad.

Just a suggestion.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't remember where/when I got these, but often had one open in a window and my browser in TGO open in the other. Hope they help--I still use them from time to time to check specs that I can't remember off the top of my head. I can't post attachments, but you're welcome to access them from my Google Docs folder:

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=explorer&chrome=true&srcid=0B7gI0CFYxDvOZjcwNGQ5MDUtNDllYi00ZTA0LWJmYzYtZWQ5MDEyYzAyMGRi&hl=en_US&authkey=CIbk99QI

https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ArgI0CFYxDvOdGo3aTlJc1E4STVUWFhpM01fTVdSREE&hl=en_US&authkey=CNCKyzs

Let me know if this doesn't work--kinda new to the Google docs thing.....

Yeah guys, it's not hard to find out, but it's never a good thing in sales to trouble a potential customer by making him/her find information. It isn't any trouble to google anything, but I [being a potential customer] shouldn't have to when it's easier for the seller to type "9mm"

I agree with Caster 100%. One of the first things I ever learned about retaiiing is to make it as simple as possible for the customer to say "yes" to a purchase. Even that little bit of extra thought that goes into having to look something up can be a negative that will cause hesitation or confusion that often results in a lost sale.

No matter how frivilous, ridiculous, and unnecessary this may seem to some of us, would you rather spend 20 seconds typing in a complete description and make a sale; or assume that every person who looks at these adds is as knowledgeable as yourself and be wrong and lose the sale?

Just my unsolicited opinion.

HOOOORAY! I griped about something and people actually agree! This NEVER happens. :)
Don't get too excited about it. In my next post, I'm planning on tearing you down for gripping so much. :D

Hahaha.

Another thing to consider. If you are selling a Glock in 40 S&W or 45 ACP you definitely want to include the caliber.

The reason? It is possible to do a search for those calibers and come across the reports of kabooms. Imagine if you are trying to sell a pistol to someone who knows little about them and they do a search only to see that there are reports of problems.

Personally I want the potential buyer to have all the information they need without resorting to doing a search. Any gun made has had problems and a quick search will show these problems.

Dolomite