It's your gun, you go look.

Guest Lester Weevils

Our aged maine coon cat had always preferred to be a 90 percent outdoor cat. After we rescued the first coon hound, the old cat was smart enough to conclude that it was better to be a full-time porch cat. He had not minded rare interactions with the previous old lab or boykin spaniel. But the old cat was perceptive enough to realize that the coon hound was a different situation.

However, the old cat loved strutting around on the other side of the fence, twitching his tail in the air, intentionally torturing the hound. He would even walk back and forth atop the cedar fence section, twitching his tail and saying, "Ha ha ha, you can't eat me!" while the coon hound would nearly have a nervous breakdown.

Anyway after we started feeding the old cat on the front porch, a possum started hanging around after dark. The old cat and the possum would share the cat food and hang out together on the porch, but the possum would amble off before it got light. The cat and possum didn't seem to mind each other at all. Often there would be a possum sleeping n one porch chair and a cat sleeping in the other porch chair, side by side.

After the cat finally passed away from old age, the possum wasn't nearly as loyal. As soon as we quit putting out food, the possum quit sleeping on the front porch. On the other hand, if we had quit putting out food, the old cat would have have moved away as well.

Anyway after we started feeding the old cat on the front porch, a possum started hanging around after dark. The old cat and the possum would share the cat food and hang out together on the porch, but the possum would amble off before it got light. The cat and possum didn't seem to mind each other at all. Often there would be a possum sleeping n one porch chair and a cat sleeping in the other porch chair, side by side.

Same thing at our house with our Maine Coon. There have been plenty of times he and a raccoon were sitting on our porch together. We don't feed outside, at least not regularly, but from time to time the raccoon will show up looking and most times stick around if our cats are outside.

As far as sending my wife out to check noises, it will never happen. At least not while I am home. Even though she shoots better than me and is a bit more level headed it is still my responsibility to protect her. And if things get bad she can protect me from a distance. I would rather have her, as she is the better shot, protecting me as I put myself in danger than the other way around.

Dolomite

You guys are funny, and this is a nutty thread......but Tulip, you must NEVER admit that your husband shoots better than you! (even if it's true! lol) :rofl:

I have to say .. well.. ..

I know for damn sure my husband would NOT send me outside at night to see what is going on.He protects me at all times.. and I like it that way..

Now if I was alone at night.. yes..I go out and check myself.. but as long as he is around.. he does it.. he makes sure nothing will happen to me.. as a husband should do...( and he shoots better than me )