Crawdad hunting... (I am reaching a bit)

Haven't found enough to eat, but...

Two weeks ago we had a family camp and canoe trip for my nieces' (twins) birthday. We went to the Elk River near Fayetteville, TN. It was a great weekend, perfect weather and the girls had a blast. I was the only guy with 9 girls and I still had a great time. ;)

Today, my daughter, her best friend and I met my co-worker and his son for a float on the Red River near our house. This was my first time canoeing the Red River, but it turned out great. It's nice to have such a great river close to home.

Here are some pics from the two weekends.

Best Friends

IMG_0231-1.jpg

Mrs. Whiskey

IMG_0233.jpg

The dogs' first canoe trip and they did great.

IMG_0234.jpg

all the girls paddled kayaks by themselves.

IMG_0239.jpg

And Crawdad's were the first priority at each stop

IMG_0240.jpg

IMG_0242.jpg

The Elk

IMG_0245.jpg

IMG_0250.jpg

IMG_0254.jpg

The Red River

IMG_0273.jpg

IMG_0277.jpg

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Appalachian

I've been want'n to do some float'n this summer but so far have'nt made time, a guy at work has conoe for sale but it needs some repairs done but for the ask'n price who cares, mite just take it off his hands this week.

OH YEAH !! crawdads...I seen a post some wher a guy put up about how to cook crawdads, man they had about 5 or 6 big sacks of mud bugs they put into sevral big pots to wash them off, then dumped them into a huge pot with all kinds of seasonings, whole red taters & corn on the cob, when they were done cook'n they poored'em out on a big table for everyone to get what they wanted.

Have to say it looked real good & have had thoughts on try something like that myself but on a smaller scale.

Edited by Appalachian
Guest knuts311

A guy named Ben runs the Elk River Canoe Rental. Super nice people, pro law enforcement, and very laid back. They are also on facebook if you are interested in their rates and deals and such. I strongly recommend them for your rental needs!

Edited by knuts311

You are helping some girls with a hobby that could end up being a lifestyle. My sister in law river guides for a living. During the winter she goes to South America and guides there. Maybe I can get her to send mr some of her scary pictures.