Russian SKS - What should I look for?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Revelator

If it's really nice I'd counter with $325. I got a really nice Russian Simonov for about that price recently. It should have the cleaning rod and the bayonet too.

I'd make sure its not one of those referbed ones . which are painted and have painted bolts. So, Make sures it blued with a shinny bolt..:rolleyes:

Nope. This one is most certainly a refurbished one based on you comment. I can tell by the pics that the receiver and bolt are matte black and some of the paint is wearing off the bolt handle. Wood is pretty scratched up as well, especially for a refurbished rifle. I think you folks saved me from spending too much money on a mediocre rifle. Thanks to all!

Guest Larry

Just my take on that, buy the cheapest one you can find and spend the rest on ammo, I paid $69 for my yrs ago and it never has had any problems. Or save awhile and buy a good AK or AR15. Just thoughts.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

TRADING POST NOTICE

Before engaging in any transaction of goods or services on TGO, all parties involved must know and follow the local, state and Federal laws regarding those transactions.

TGO makes no claims, guarantees or assurances regarding any such transactions.

THE FINE PRINT

Tennessee Gun Owners (TNGunOwners.com) is the premier Community and Discussion Forum for gun owners, firearm enthusiasts, sportsmen and Second Amendment proponents in the state of Tennessee and surrounding region.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is a presentation of Enthusiast Productions. The TGO state flag logo and the TGO tri-hole "icon" logo are trademarks of Tennessee Gun Owners. The TGO logos and all content presented on this site may not be reproduced in any form without express written permission. The opinions expressed on TGO are those of their authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the site's owners or staff.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is not a lobbying organization and has no affiliation with any lobbying organizations.  Beware of scammers using the Tennessee Gun Owners name, purporting to be Pro-2A lobbying organizations!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to the following.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.