Shirts with low necklines are bad!

CLC

Took my new Beretta 96FS to CCA today for Ladies Day! She shoots beautiful!!! A little stronger than I imagined but hey, I am new at this! I also learned another good lesson, getting a hot round down your shirt is no fun! Really guys , could someone not mention that things like that can happen? But all is well and I LOVE my gun!:)

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had them down my shirt, in between my shooing glasses and my face, etc...it HURTS. My wife took 2 pieces of 9mm brass shooting a converted AR with the happy switch. I was proud, kept control of the weapon, finger off the trigger and did this shuffle back torso forward move that made the brass fall out...then finished with a mag dump :-)

I taught a woman to shoot... a umm well endowed one. It NEVER crossed my mind but she got a hot 9mm brass. I almost reached in to grab it... still dont know if I should have or not.

I have seen several times at the Stones River HEC (a TWRA range I shoot at) since then they give women an orange safety vest to wear (backwards). Makes perfect sense to me, now!

I've had brass down the back of my neck while wearing military body armor, and just recently, had a piece of 45 brass land between my glasses and my cheek. All have left nice scars. The more you shoot, the more this will eventually happen.

As to down the shirt, my wife is rather well endowed, and has had more than her fair share of brass fall down her shirt. I really feel for her, especially when I have to rub burn lotion on the affected area.....:)

Guest friesepferd
Took my new Beretta 96FS to CCA today for Ladies Day! She shoots beautiful!!! A little stronger than I imagined but hey, I am new at this! I also learned another good lesson, getting a hot round down your shirt is no fun! Really guys , could someone not mention that things like that can happen? But all is well and I LOVE my gun!:D

rofl. i coulda told you that. no low cut shirt, no sandles, etc.

I have seen many many other ladies run around screaming and ripping their shirts off due to hot brass.

I never let someone shoot with me unless they are dress properly.

I have one gun that consistantly flings brass at the forhead of the person shooting... we dont shoot that one much.

Glad you love your new gun!

A long time ago in a state other than TN, a Person I Know Very Well (PIKVW) was shooting at a public outdoor range. About two positions down, there was a rather loud and obnoxious group that included a couple of women that should not have been wearing such skimpy clothing to the range. The PIKVW had an FN FAL that would eject brass very precisely. As it so happened, after the ninth or ninetieth time of having these folks call 'Cease Fire' so they could put a couple more cans twenty feet out as targets every time they fired ten rounds, the PIKVW (as well as everyone else there) became exceedingly annoyed. The PIKVW took his FAL out, and started shooting into the berm 100 yards away. With his buddy calling range corrections, the PIKVW was able to adjust his fire and lob a nice, hot .308 brass case directly from the ejection port of the FAL down the excessively exposed cleavage of one of these women. If you think a little, bitty 9mm case is hot, imagine the heat retained by a nice, heavy .308 case. Everyone at the range that day was well entertained by the ensuing dance. It was probably the most exercise that woman had had in the past thirty years. Naturally, the PIKVW apologized profusely (after he stopped giggling) and put away the FAL. But, alas, the damage was done. Another person attempted the same feat from the position next door with his CETME. And he didn't even get on target before the group with those women decided they had been at the range long enough.

BTW, I do not recommend that those with a CETME try this trick. Normally, the CETME ejects a bit to the front and about 30 feet right. In order to get the brass to fall behind the firing line, you have to shoot at a target one or two positions to the right, which is bad manners. With it's adjustable gas, the FAL can be tuned to eject within a range of about 20 degrees in front or behind the firing line. By leaning the rifle to the left, you can get the loft necessary to drop the brass into a buck (or other container). I have seen an MP5 that ejected perfectly for this trick. But you have to take off the port buffer. And most MP5 owners don't like to ding their receivers.

The purpose of this story is to show that women should avoid wearing a top which would allow brass to get into the cleavage. Crew-neck t-shirts work well.

I would like to point out that intentionally pelting someone with hot brass is considered to be very rude. It should be reserved for only the most annoying people.

Edited by 1gewehr

Low necklines are discouraged at Cowboy matches just for that reason. You never know where a rifle will eject a hot case. Also, for those inquiring minds who want to know, it's also a SASS rule that extra ammo can not be staged in cleavage. Just in case you were wondering.

Cherokee Slim

Boy oh boy, you guys can be rotten!!! But just to set the record straight, my shirt was not "too low", heck I wear that shirt to church, but the round, which was a 40 caliber, hit the top and went straight down! So only a turtle neck would have saved me!! And todayI have a very ugly looking blister! I will consider a badge of honor!!!

I had on a hoodie one time at the range and caught a piece of 5.56 brass in between the hoodie part and my neck. It left a nice scar. Also I caught a piece of .45 brass between my shooting glasses and my face. It only took one time of that for me to learn to wear a ball cap when I am shooting.

I was wearing hard toed shoes when the 9mm bullet bounced off the target stump and hit me in the foot. No penetration but a ton of "ooooh that smarts" I then made the serious mistake of picking the bullet up....that's a no no!

Guest BenderBendingRodriguez

This is why I shoot wearing only closed toe shoes. If you're not wearing any clothes for the hot rounds to get caught in, they will hit you and fall. No burns, no scars, no pain. The shoes prevent casings from getting between your toes (and also prevent pain if you step on spent casings).

Guest nysos
Low necklines are discouraged at Cowboy matches just for that reason. You never know where a rifle will eject a hot case. Also, for those inquiring minds who want to know, it's also a SASS rule that extra ammo can not be staged in cleavage. Just in case you were wondering.

Cherokee Slim

so no grenadier style reloading? if anyone watches anime they will get the reference, if you don't I am sure there is a youtube video if you search for grenadier

This thread just explained a cut on my face. I was shooting my AR22 a couple weeks ago and a piece brass went between my glasses and my face. A few days later I noticed the cut but didn't put two and two together until just now. I had completely forgotten about the brass.

In reference to 1gewehr's post (which is most excellent)...

I was at an indoor range with several friends a while back. One friend was shooting my pistol and another friend was in an adjacent lane. I noticed that my pistol was tossing brass in a beautiful arc, up and over the divider and down onto the other friend's head (wearing a hat). The recipient could feel the brass hitting his head because he kept stopping and looking around. Only when he turned around and saw us laughing did he figure out what was going on. Completely unintentional, but funny. :D

Guest mosinon
You did NOT just tell the world that you wear sandals???

Well, they're tactical and manly sandals? Uh, they're only there there so I can flip them off quickly and deliver a deadly ninja kick? This isn't working.

I've got it now. See i was wearing the sandals for training purposes. What if I'm barefoot and walking on glass and all i have is my trusty beretta 92fs? I need to know how a spent casing feels when it hits the foot and since CCA probably won't let me recreate die hard by sprinkling broken glass on the floor I got as close as I could.

Is that working? Probably not. Okay, I do wear sandals. The shame is immense. Is there a twelve step program for this kind of thing?

Well, they're tactical and manly sandals? Uh, they're only there there so I can flip them off quickly and deliver a deadly ninja kick? This isn't working.

I've got it now. See i was wearing the sandals for training purposes. What if I'm barefoot and walking on glass and all i have is my trusty beretta 92fs? I need to know how a spent casing feels when it hits the foot and since CCA probably won't let me recreate die hard by sprinkling broken glass on the floor I got as close as I could.

Is that working? Probably not. Okay, I do wear sandals. The shame is immense. Is there a twelve step program for this kind of thing?

Good god. What is the world comin' to. A hippy with a gun.

Am reading this while wearing sandals. Making no judgement here.