Leather guys...I GOT SHAFTED...

so just wondering cause there are alot of guys that work leather here, if any of you can PM me a price to fix this...I totally got the shaft from a deadbeat fleabay seller who's reply says "looks like a leather seat and skull to me" but after reading feedback seems people return stuff and never get their refund...out of money and dont even have their junk now either.

SOOOO can somebody possibly recover this one to something I wouldnt be ashamed to rock?

I mean the *cough*leatherette is swell and all, and the bucktooth caveman is nothing like the somewhat cool detailed skull I ordered but I recieved its ugly stepsister and hope somebody here can just recover what I got or at least give me some guidance. So here it is:

IMAG0089.jpg

IMAG0095.jpg

IMAG0093.jpg

(Mods this thread also isnt a want add, its to show off the swetazz seat im ashamed of, but hopefully i'll get some PM's cause i dont have much options I shoulda went with my gut and got it done right by a true craftsman to begin with)

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the wife is like...the skull has toe teeth, it looks like fat little toes. man I hope someone here wants to either help a fellow gun lover out and give me a decent price because it truely is ugly, or want to "get their name out ther" and do a good job at a ressonable cost. but this thing is rediculious...I was trying cut a corner...save a few bucks...and this is how it ends up.

My first wife bought me a tooled wallet made by a mental patient Vet. She paid 20$ for it...I had it 11 years. The work was excellent! If there's a VA hospital close to you and they have a rehab program...check and see if they have a leather working section.

Guest The91Bravo

I was looking at the shading on the close up. What did he color it with? Looks like a Sharpie. Hope it gets worked out.

it looks stamped, there was definatly no tooling involved...I dont tough leather that often other than say in a fancy car or something...but this doesnt feel like leather...maybe it is, but it sure dont feel like it to this novice...

I have been thinking about going over the whole area with a sharpie or something and filling in the entire center to make just a spade...but...I am 300 pounds...and sweat alot, kinda worried it would be like a bad tattoo coverup and the skull still there and 2...said sweating causes everything I wear to look like I have severe mudbutt and it wearing off right in the center of all my jeans.

Guest friesepferd

ebay has a little button to report people who don't follow the rules.

did he state that he would take returns? are you still within that time period? if so, tell him you need to return it, if he says no, file a claim.

Ive done it before and its worked out fine. Usually the seller just caves in under the pressure.

ebay has a little button to report people who don't follow the rules.

did he state that he would take returns? are you still within that time period? if so, tell him you need to return it, if he says no, file a claim.

Ive done it before and its worked out fine. Usually the seller just caves in under the pressure.

This, I've used this policy at least five times and always came out on top. Ebay covers the loss. If the seller misrepresented the product or stated he takes returns.

It needs to state in the ad the the item was covered under there protection policy.

I might be able to help out. Shot you a PM.

It's tough from the pics you posted to tell if it's leather or not. It kind of looks like the part that is attached to the seat may be leather. It also should be noted that even if it is technically leather, all leathers are not the same. For instance, you know that leather belt from Wal Mart/Target/JC Penney that only lasted a few months? The reason it fell apart is because it is "bonded leather," which is basically a leather McNugget made up of leather fibers left over from other leather production. They grind up the leather, add in stuff to hold it together, spread it out, print a grain pattern on top, and there's your "leather." I'm 99% certain it's not a full-grain leather, which is the type of leather that will last you for years like a nice horse saddle. That is also the type of leather that should be used for tooling. As far as the pattern, it looks like it was embossed or pressed into the leather, and was colored in with a pen. It's definitely not dye or leather paint.

As far as eBay goes, I've gotten to the point where I buy almost nothing on there because of shady dealers and counterfeit items. A very good portion of the brand name items that you see listed are fakes and even when I have reported them to eBay as such, they don't do anything about it (but they did pull my holster listing the other day because I took the picture with the dummy gun in the holster and we can't have pics of fake guns floating around out there). Ah well, if I can help out, let me know.

Edited by East_TN_Patriot
..... A very good portion of the brand name items that you see listed are fakes and even when I have reported them to eBay as such, they don't do anything about it ...

eBay will only nuke counterfeit items if the actual rights owner complains. Many of the large ones are part of of the eBay VERO program and have pretty good enforcement. Try to sell something Microsoft that ain't kosher, for example. But your point is valid, and you have to be careful there. Buck Knives for example for some reason refuses to play, and there are recurring bogus Buck listings there.

(but they did pull my holster listing the other day because I took the picture with the dummy gun in the holster and we can't have pics of fake guns floating around out there). Ah well, if I can help out, let me know.

Must be more to that story? Dummy guns are allowed in product listings. Most all the regular holster makers use them.

- OS

Edited by OhShoot

Must be more to that story? Dummy guns are allowed in product listings. Most all the regular holster makers use them.

- OS

Nope. I got a notice that my listing was pulled because the pictures contained a gun and magazine as props in the leather goods. I contacted customer service and they said that unless I displayed the dummy items outside of the holster and mag pouch they can't tell the difference so they will pull it. They also said that the dummy gun must have an orange tip because federal law requires it (I corrected them on that point). Basically, they don't want anything that looks even remotely gun-like or magazine-like in their pictures. I asked about Red Guns, Blue Guns, and Airsoft guns, but they didn't have an answer for that.

Nope. I got a notice that my listing was pulled because the pictures contained a gun and magazine as props in the leather goods. I contacted customer service and they said that unless I displayed the dummy items outside of the holster and mag pouch they can't tell the difference so they will pull it. They also said that the dummy gun must have an orange tip because federal law requires it (I corrected them on that point). Basically, they don't want anything that looks even remotely gun-like or magazine-like in their pictures. I asked about Red Guns, Blue Guns, and Airsoft guns, but they didn't have an answer for that.

Oh, so you used an actual replica gun of some sort, apparently. Not surprising they nuked it, then.

By dummy gun I assumed you did mean a "red/blue gun" blank gun type, as that's what all the other makers use, if they use a "gun" at all.

- OS

If you paid with PayPal then contact them. They can seize or freeze the guys account to ensure you get your money. They can tell you step by step on how to return it and then get a refund either from the seller or through PayPal.

I have filed disputes with PayPal several times and it always worked out for me. As much as gun people hate PayPal they are the only way I pay for online transactions anymore. I even use PayPal when purchasing on other sites as well. I pay my garbage pickup with PayPal. I buy reloading supplies through PayPal. Pretty much if an online retailer has a PayPal option I use it.

Dolomite

If you paid with PayPal then contact them. They can seize or freeze the guys account to ensure you get your money. They can tell you step by step on how to return it and then get a refund either from the seller or through PayPal.

I have filed disputes with PayPal several times and it always worked out for me. As much as gun people hate PayPal they are the only way I pay for online transactions anymore. I even use PayPal when purchasing on other sites as well. I pay my garbage pickup with PayPal. I buy reloading supplies through PayPal. Pretty much if an online retailer has a PayPal option I use it.

Dolomite

+1 on that. Your last line of defense, if you used a credit card, is to have your credit card bank duke it out for you. Drop the word "fraud" and they will shift into high gear. Good luck and always know who your seller is.

Oh, so you used an actual replica gun of some sort, apparently. Not surprising they nuked it, then.

By dummy gun I assumed you did mean a "red/blue gun" blank gun type, as that's what all the other makers use, if they use a "gun" at all.

- OS

Well, the dummy gun in this case was a solid aluminum one, but it conforms to their policy. Essentially, they have some moron that can't tell the difference between a crudely molded block of aluminum and a real firearm.

I have sold things on ebay and never gotten paid for it. The money is listed in my account until I tried to withdraw it. I jumped through all their hoops, filled out all their forms and still have yet to be paid for the first thing. If I sell on Ebay now I take checks and you can wait for it to clear.

I have sold things on ebay and never gotten paid for it. The money is listed in my account until I tried to withdraw it. I jumped through all their hoops, filled out all their forms and still have yet to be paid for the first thing. If I sell on Ebay now I take checks and you can wait for it to clear.

Odd, are you waiting on PayPal to pay you?

If so they can do it a few differetn ways. You can have a check sent to you but I believe you need to be verified. Or you can have the bank account on file receive the money. If you only have a credit or debit card then you can only receive a check. If your PayPal balance is still there then you can use it to make other purchases.

Dolomite

You can get a can of spray paint thats for vinyl at any auto parts store...I would get black and give is several coats...I have used it on a center arm console in my truck and the original vinyl was red but its still black after 10 years of constant laying of my arm on it ...just a suggestion

Odd, are you waiting on PayPal to pay you?

If so they can do it a few differetn ways. You can have a check sent to you but I believe you need to be verified. Or you can have the bank account on file receive the money. If you only have a credit or debit card then you can only receive a check. If your PayPal balance is still there then you can use it to make other purchases.

Dolomite

Evidently you missed the part where I said I'd jumped through all their hoops. They have all my bank info.

They eventually returned the money to the purchaser "because you didn't claim the money within the PayPal 90 day limit" Now I buy on ebay and pay with paypal..I will not sell on ebay using paypal as my collector.

+1 on that. Your last line of defense, if you used a credit card, is to have your credit card bank duke it out for you. Drop the word "fraud" and they will shift into high gear. Good luck and always know who your seller is.

On glitch with that is that PayPal may nuke your account if you go "over their heads" and get the card company to jerk the funds before PP has acted. But you do usually have longer with credit card company than with PayPal, last time I read the TOS.

- OS

Well, the dummy gun in this case was a solid aluminum one, but it conforms to their policy. Essentially, they have some moron that can't tell the difference between a crudely molded block of aluminum and a real firearm.

Ya know, I say that in your holster ad and wondered if that was the dummy you used on eBay. And yes, they blew it, it should have been fine. It's a hassle, but I would see about escalating that if you can to get a decision you can refer back to. There ARE lots of regular sellers on there using the aluminum dummies, like:

Custom Made Kahr PM9/40 w/ CT Laser Guard Slide Holster | eBay

Ultimate IWB Ambi CCW Concealment Holster Kahr Arms PM9 | eBay

just to show a couple of quick ones. The second one is actually AKJ Concealco, selling on eBay under another name.

- OS