Who's going to Knoxville Gun Show?

CLC

I think you can sell outside the show and you can just walk around and talk with others during the show but someone else might be better suited to give info on that. I'm thinking about going Saturday around 11 or so to see if I can find a P226 22LR conversion kit for $230 or less. If not, I'll just get to check out their ammo :D

Guest coldblackwind

If its the rk show, sell away. No loaded guns is pretty much the only rule, and they don't like you to sell outside the show. But last time I went I sold a rifle there, and ended up buying an F/A cobray M11 (still waiting on the dang paperwork, but I'm confident one day I shall get to shoot it again!), and a little h&r top break. I'd go, but louisville (bigger) and nashville (closer) are both this weekend.

Carry what you want to sell around with you. You can wear a sign, attach a sign to case, or just carry around in plain view. To get a good price you must sell to other patrons, NOT to dealers.

They don't seem to care if you sell outside the building at the Chilhowee shows, but they will tell you not to do at the Expo shows, the main Security Nazi will even threaten you with arrest for doing it.

- OS

Sell anything you want as long as it's legal.

I'll advise you to carry a few extra zip ties, as they place them in the action of the gun to make it safe.

It's inevitable some one will ask to see your firearm and rack the slide or close the bolt ect.

And there goes the zip tie.

Also no LOOSE ammo.

I got an Arse chewing from a cop there once. He assumed I never had my pistol checked in.

But not so, the previous "looker" snapped it off by dropping the slide.

Sucks to have to wait in the check-in line 2 or 3 times.

Also, it helps to state the price at the start of a conversation / look.

This cuts down on the amount of time wasted while they look at it, play with it, ect....

If you REALLY intend on buying it, then by all means - try it out.

But don't wear it out during the process.

Good luck

Guest dubaholic2

ive sold several by just walking around with the firearm in plain view. people will ask you about whatever you have if they're interested. i may go to this, seeing as how i just sold a gun and havent replaced it yet and its only about 5 minutes from my house.

ive sold several by just walking around with the firearm in plain view. people will ask you about whatever you have if they're interested. i may go to this, seeing as how i just sold a gun and havent replaced it yet and its only about 5 minutes from my house.

You must not really be in Murville, then. :screwy:

- OS

I am going to try to be there Saturday about noon! But that all depends on the feeding times of my new baby parrot, I just got her today so I have to see how well she does. Thanks for all the advice!

I will be going. I need to get a tube engraved and hopefully the lady who is normally at the Expo Center is there. I've tried a few trophy shops, they all say they can do it but in the end it is nothing more than a scratching that isn't very deep at all. A jewelery shop managed to have their cutter jump during engraving causing some damage so I had to fix that.

Maybe I just need to use aluminum for the tube rather than SS.

Dolomite

Guest nysos

For you Knoxville gun show regulars, whats the skinny? I know sometimes in the events you have mentioned doing lunch afterwards etc.

As I have not met any of you, I would like to try and meet up if I attend this Saturday (mainly attending to look around and see if anyone wants to buy my p229, but would love to hang out and socialize since that is my only goal). Would also be my first gun show attended.

Well, just got back from the Gun show and honestly, no one is missing anything at all.

Found a good Taurus Judge and it was about $70 more than it should be and they weren't willing to come down at all in price. Found an MP5 and got excited and then saw the price ($500) and got really excited and then saw it was a .22LR (still not bad but I'll never pay more than $400 for anything in .22LR) and then had to walk away. Found a couple of Sig556's that were less than 1k (I think they were around the $899 region) which is a good price.

On a good note, I picked out the rifle I want to buy ;) Sig556 here I come ;).