Woman is thinking of carrying

Guest nancy

Guest canynracer

ummm, wouldnt your waist hold it in? like belly area? if you "Drop trow" you leave it up at your waistline...it doesnt turn upside down...so I am not sure HOW it would fall out...:)

but you could always get this waist clip for the gun itself to add retention

http://www.ajaxgrips.com/ajax/clipdraw

And Nancy,

you are gonna need a big box, cause, I hate to say it, but you will end up getting holsters that seem good, till you wear it....then you dont like it..

the good thing is, once you find that one holster you like alot, you can sell the ones in the box. :)

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Boomhower
ummm, wouldnt your waist hold it in? like belly area?

Mars, can you give us a video demo? :)......pleeeeeeassssseeee?

Keep your "trow" in tact though!

Guest price g

For what its worth Nancy, I found out more about holsters that are practical and functional in one Saturday at our local IDPA match than all the research those intwernets could bring me.

Guest nancy

I tried a friends paddle holster yesterday, not sure if I would like that or not.

On my current UncleMikes holster, the place I put the belt through is much too restrictive, very hard to get the belt through. Any suggestions how I can loosen this this so it is not a major ordeal to get the belt through the holster?

I tried a friends paddle holster yesterday, not sure if I would like that or not.

On my current UncleMikes holster, the place I put the belt through is much too restrictive, very hard to get the belt through. Any suggestions how I can loosen this this so it is not a major ordeal to get the belt through the holster?

Buy a smaller belt? :lol: Sorry I couldn't resist.

I tried a paddle holster also, one for my S&W 357, actually bought it and it is now in the "new holster I shouldn't have bought" heap. It's a reasonably priced holster, holds your gun until you want to draw it BUT the paddle is way too big for my leg and presses into it when I sit down, it's a Fobus, I have actually contemplated having my husband cut the paddle down a bit to fit my leg better but not sure if it will hold right (anyone tried this?), but at the moment it is just sitting here gathering dust so I may just do it yet.

From what I am experiencing it seems that it is much harder to find a good comfortable fit for a woman. Good luck in your continued search.

Guns; I just found that the Fobus Roto paddle holster is my dream holster because of its fully adjustable cant,but the paddle is a little uncomfortable.I think the best solution is to tack on a piece of leather to the back side.

You may want to try this also

Thanks for the idea strickj, I think it would help some but the pressure of the paddle into my leg when sitting will be there whether I have leather on it or a sock which I tried. The sock helped but not enough to help me be able to wear it for a long period of time if I have to sit.

Guest HexHead

I've had a succession of Uncle Mike's holsters and they're junk. You'd be surprised what a difference a good holster (and belt) makes. Yeah, they cost more and in some cases a lot more but they are worth it.

Don Hume makes some good holsters at reasonable prices. I've been spoiled by Milt Sparks.

Here's a great deal on an IWB holster for your Glock 26....

http://www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/store/productdetail.aspx?p=9922&st=milt%20sparks&s=

I carry a full size 1911 in one.

Edited by HexHead
  • 1 month later...
Guest GregRN

I have to chime in on the SmartCarry (or Thunderwear) when relieving oneself. You simply slide the whole 'holster' up on your body while you sit. Then after you finish, slide it back down into the original location.

Inside the waistband is the most secure carry method, and easier to conceal. But nothing works in every situation. You will probably need 2 or 3 different holsters for each firearm, depending on the attire you choose for the day.

Good luck. I am currently trying to help my wife find the correct carry method for her, so I am interested in your posts on this subject.

i had an ankle holster, and the problem i had with it was the barrel of the pistol dug into my ankle. i think the main problem is that the holster was one of those one size fits all applications, so it had spandex in it and that made the fit kind of tight. i might try another style one day, but for know i use my fobus paddle holster and it works just fine for me.

i have semi retiried the uncle mikes, i holster the pistol in there at night so i dont have to wrestle with any retention if i ever have to draw it.