someones lost dog found

tonye

any one in the west knoxville/farragut area lost a chocolate lab, looks to be about 10 months old.

my neighbor found it running down the road and after 2 days of this she finally picked it up, took it to the vet to check to see if it had a chip and it doesnt and no collar. we have also checked around for signs and have posted our own and no luck.

so if anyone is interested in a good dog that needs a good home as i dont have enough room for 3 dogs you can IM if interested.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you find close to Concord? My cousin lives near there, in Brixworth I believe, and he has a chocolate lab that sometimes escapes. I'll call him tomorrow and make sure it's not his. His is not 10 months old though, much younger.

Guest Lester Weevils

Thats great, Tonye. Ya done good. Labs are such great dogs.

Years ago I took daughter to a funeral in Talladega. Sunday after the funeral we were packing up the van at the Super 8 getting ready to head home. Noticed a skinny 1 year old Lab pup hanging around but he was afraid to come close. He had a ratty collar with short length of chewed-thru rope dangling down. Looked like he had been on his own for several days.

We had fried chicken and pizza left over from the night before. After making friends with a piece of chicken (pulled off the bones), the feller kindly obliged our offer and finished off all our chicken and pizza. Then he was my best buddy right on my heels.

He didn't have a tag but there was a phone number scratched into the collar. It was about noon when I called and woke up the owner. The owner did not sound overjoyed that I found his dog, but on the other hand he was just waking up.

The owner had the nerve to ask me to bring the dog to his house. I told the guy I don't know the area and might get lost and needed to hit the road to go home, so he grudgingly agreed to come get the dog but it would take about an hour to get there.

I asked the Sunday desk clerk if he would look after the dog til the owner arrived, but the desk clerk was not a dog lover. So we hung out in front of the Super 8 with the puppy for an hour until the owner arrived. I was beginning to think maybe the dog would be better off with me rather than the owner. On the other hand I knew for certain that the wife would shoot me if I brought home yet another dog. From Alabama no less.

The owner finally arrived, wife and a couple of kids in a beat up old car, bad muffler belching a blue haze of burned oil. The guy seemed none too pleased, but wife and kids were ecstatic. The puppy had been my best buddy until the car pulled up, but as soon as he saw his family he started wagging his tail all over and forgot all about me. They opened the door and he ran over and jumped right in. The pup didn't even say goodbye. That's gratitude for ya! ;)

It just seems a Lab's nature to be loyal to family. The wife and kids were glad to have him back even if dad wasn't.