need a 1000 yard range

Guest adamoxtwo

Guest adamoxtwo

Folks I have a problem. I have a weapon system (.50 Cal) that i need to have test fired and I need to test it at 1000 yards. Can anyone tell me of a range in Tennessee or the surrounding area that I would be able to go to or even pay to use?

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Correct. They have a 1000 yd range, but .50 BMG is not permitted.

That's gotta be the stupidest thing I have heard. Sure, shoot the national standard for extreme distance, but not the rifle that rules the long range kingdom. Probably scared of a lawsuit due to an idiot that has not business being out there.

Probably scared of a lawsuit due to an idiot that has not business being out there.

This may be true, but an idiot with a gun is still an idiot with a gun no matter the caliber.

I don't know the reasoning for that rule, but I am sure it has someones name attached to it.

Good luck.

That's gotta be the stupidest thing I have heard. Sure, shoot the national standard for extreme distance, but not the rifle that rules the long range kingdom. Probably scared of a lawsuit due to an idiot that has not business being out there.

I believe it has to do with destruction of the target carriers and the very high energy of ricochets (proximity of adjacent ranges). I believe you also have to prove your ability to shoot accurately at 1000 yds to range officers before you can do so unsupervised. You can't just walk in off the street and set your rifle up on the 1000 yd line.

I believe it has to do with destruction of the target carriers and the very high energy of ricochets (proximity of adjacent ranges). I believe you also have to prove your ability to shoot accurately at 1000 yds to range officers before you can do so unsupervised. You can't just walk in off the street and set your rifle up on the 1000 yd line.

Well it ought to be. I've seen people @ Owl Hollow/Haffners that had no business being on a 100 yard range, God forbid anything wider and more open!