XD guys

One of my buddies will become a commissioned officer in the Navy in a few weeks. His father in law will be presenting him a XD for a graduation gift. I want to get him a quality holster but i would like it to be delivered around July 5-8th. Any ideas? Crossbreed Supertuck is my plan unless someone has a better option ;)

thanks..

Ben

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crossbreed is saying 6-8 weeks, unless you know local place.

For custom leather, TT Gunleather (my avatar).

Since he takes six months, check out the Stronghold IWBs by Occidental Leather ones on his site. His design, available right away, and all reports say just like his quality wise. 7-14 days.

TT GunLeather High Quality Leather Gun Holsters

Bout twice the Crossbreed price, but worth it.

- OS

Guest ArmaDeFuego
the release button has been known to catch on the trigger and cause ADs

Really? I've never heard of that either. Got any links?

Guest yzfMrLee

Don't know about the serpa for xd's, but I have one for my Glock. I really don't use it that often, but looking at mine, I don't see how the button could get anywhere near far enough in to pull the trigger. I just think it sticks out too far for concealed carry. I usually use my tagua holster. Fairly cheap, and conceals easily with just a shirt over it. Much more comfortable than IWB IMO.

the release button has been known to catch on the trigger and cause ADs

Not exactly, point is that with fast draw, finger on button follows gun up and falls on trigger just as gun clears holster. Many ADs, several of the big schools won't allow them. The other issue is the opposite one: crud has also been known to lock the catch where gun can not be released.

Here's an overview:

- OS

Guest Jvanhoosen

I have both the crossbreed and the galco king tuk both are good holsters in my opinion. The King tuk is very comfortable to wear on a daily basis, the crossbreed is ugly but also very comfortable. I would be willing to part with my crossbreed for a small fee if you are interested.

Guest nysos
Lord no, the king tuk is waaay down the list of ripoffs of ripoffs.

- OS

Yep, the galco king tuk is probably the most recent ripoff. It hasn't been out very long at all.

What was the original? I know it wasnt the Supertuck.

Probably Tucker's "The Answer". Then, I guess Comp-Tac as far as big producer. I find it ironic that Crossbreed put legal pressure on Kholster to change it's design (that's why they now come "round"), since CB was already down the list of original innovation.

- OS