individual 'mark forum read' button

I was wondering if we could get a button to mark singular forums read. that way we could better manage all the new posts..some of them which we don't read.

i.e. I have little interest in black powder shooting. so if I mark that particular forum read, it'll cut down on the material I have to go over to find that diamond of a post I was looking for.

what are your ideas on this? is it already done in some part of the user cp? I'm probably missing something but I thought I'd ask...

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a few days ago I discovered that if you double-click the round, three hole icon next to the forum name, it will mark that forum read. I'm like you, there are a few forums I don't read, so I just mark them read, then click the new posts link. Cuts my reading down a few pages.

Just a few days ago I discovered that if you double-click the round, three hole icon next to the forum name, it will mark that forum read. I'm like you, there are a few forums I don't read, so I just mark them read, then click the new posts link. Cuts my reading down a few pages.

Well dang if it doesn't... good find kidd.

I had been using the "Mark Forum Read" from the Forum Tools dropdown menu.

Guest canynracer
Well dang if it doesn't... good find kidd.

I had been using the "Mark Forum Read" from the Forum Tools dropdown menu.

sheesh...way to go "moderator" LMFAO!!!

I am KIDDING...hehehe, it was new to me as well!! LOl...you are doing a great job FallGuy

Guest canynracer

the funny part is that now that I know it, I am not only addicted, but if you "mouse over" the circles it freaking TELLS you that!!! LOL...how long has THAT been there??

The other cool thing I just found the other day is the "View first unread" link at the top of the page when you click on a thread. I bet that's been there a while too, but it is handy.

Now I did know about that one and use it all the time.

OK I have one.What is that tiny blue dot that appears just to the left of the last post column in your subscribed threads folder?Its not the push pin sticky thread thing but it appears in the same area

Are you talking about the one that will collapse/open the listing of threads?

I don't know who all has access to add tags... the tag edit line shows up right above the Quick Reply box for me. I should probably fill in more tags, but I need to find a way to change the number of hours in a day from 24 to like 30, first.