Posting Pictures(whats changed)

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a>

doesn't seem to work for me. Am I missing something?

Very strange indeed. Pasting your link including IMG tags or pasting link only and adding IMG tags into a new reply doesn't work, but retyping whole thing does work. Weird to the max. Looks like if you try it first without the IMG tags it becomes a simple link and can't be changed (note the blue letters). Didn't used to be that way in previous vBulletin but seems to be now.

96342.jpg

- OS

• Administrator

Guys, having small problems like this after an upgrade is not unusual. We always work through them and the vendor always resolves them. Be patient.

As for the image posting problem, what I am reading over on vBulletin's support forum is that it is limited primarily to photos hosted with Photobucket.com and that it is hit or miss. The authors suggest that people are using the wrong code when they post pictures, and are including HTML sequences that the editor is designed to block to protect against malicious code being embedded in forum posts.

I'll try to do some more digging today when I have a break at around lunchtime and see what I can figure out. Just bear with me and, again, be patient. Progress comes with growing pains sometimes. :shrug:

Thanks.

Guys, having small problems like this after an upgrade is not unusual. We always work through them and the vendor always resolves them. Be patient.

As for the image posting problem, what I am reading over on vBulletin's support forum is that it is limited primarily to photos hosted with Photobucket.com and that it is hit or miss. The authors suggest that people are using the wrong code when they post pictures, and are including HTML sequences that the editor is designed to block to protect against malicious code being embedded in forum posts.

I'll try to do some more digging today when I have a break at around lunchtime and see what I can figure out. Just bear with me and, again, be patient. Progress comes with growing pains sometimes. :shrug:

Thanks.

No biggie David. You know how we are. We're just bitchin and figuring out workarounds..lol.

• Administrator
No biggie David. You know how we are. We're just bitchin and figuring out workarounds..lol.

Fair enough. :shrug: My time here the past week has been pretty limited but I do have access now at work on my lunch break, so I am able to get online and resolve some things like this when I'm not already committed to other activities. I'll try my best to get back on here today and see what's going on. Meanwhile I've opened a support incident with vBulletin to see if they can offer any insight.

Guest db99wj

Hope the new venture is going well first of all.

It is strange, in photobucket it has that "direct link" code as you guys call it and you click it and it automagically copy's it. Then I hit the image button and it should work, it doesn't, but then above, Caster shows the picture that I was trying to post and my post has that colorful box and a icon that looks like a female duck with lipstick on. besides, you guys lose me at "code", I'm lost after that!

Guest db99wj

Regarding Photobucket, if you previously you could hit the "Direct Link" under the picture and then hit the Image insert button above and put in the picture, of course that has stopped working, I did screw around with it and if you hit the "Img Code" which is the bottom code string, and then paste it directly into the reply box, it will work. So actually it is faster than the previous method mentioned.

Lets try it.

Jeepsnake.jpg

I see Caster has already said this, but anyway. Nothing to see here.....

Edited by db99wj

db99wj, I can assure you it isn't that complicated. i'm dummer than a bag of hammers and I'm making it work. My computer literacy began a rapid decline after the Apple II. I've never understood a single thing about it, I just do something and if it works...Yeah ME! Yet another reason I like Mac. Mac simplicity was made for the two polar extremes of computer users; super smart and super dumb [me]

As far as the code goes, I don't know what that gobldy gook is but if you copy an paste the right one, it'll make a pretty picture on the screen:)

As for the image posting problem, what I am reading over on vBulletin's support forum is that it is limited primarily to photos hosted with Photobucket.com and that it is hit or miss. The authors suggest that people are using the wrong code when they post pictures, and are including HTML sequences that the editor is designed to block to protect against malicious code being embedded in forum posts....

Not the case, David. Image dialogue box broken when trying from any site where an image rests. I have same prob from Comcast webspace or my own domain space.

- OS

Guest Lester Weevils

I haven't re-tried today. Maybe something has been fixed since Sunday, dunno. Sunday I played with it with it, and Raoul may be onto something.

I always use img tag to insert images. I paste in an image url and then type img tags on the beginning and end of the url. I never use photobucket.

When I would click Preview in the advanced editor, it would show the line I typed rather than the image. I didn't post the message to see if the image would be visible in the final post.

So I was basically getting the same results as Raoul pasting the image url, but I didn't think of trying to type in the URL rather than paste it.