Gun buyback, get dough for your deadly BB guns

Guest mosinon

Guest mosinon

If you live in Brooklyn great news! You can trade in you pistol, rifle or BB gun for cold, hard gift cards.

You've probably heard arguments about how these trade ins get guns out of the hands of criminals, or, when people aren't being so delicate, how these programs get guns away from poor people and minorities.

Too much pontificating, back to the point. There's a gun buyback, where smart people with really crappy guns will trade them for a $200 gift card. And stupid people will trade good guns for $200. It's like the lottery, a tax on the folks who are challenged by math.

Another useless tangent. I apologize.

The weird thing about this buyback is that long guns, the ones that can't kill people, the same kind that the army uses to kill people go for twenty bucks. Handguns go for a cool two hundy. BB guns, which are surely as deadly as a barret 50 cal go for $20 as well.

It is difficult to imagine the mindset behind this gun buy back without imagining that the people running the thing don't actually know much about guns in general and are more interested in padding some stats than actually doing any good.

On a sad note we can expect massive amounts of bloodshed and death when the buyback happens. All those guns will just start going off and all killing hundreds and wounding thousands. Or maybe not, you have to bring your gun in a paper or plastic bag. We all know that a 44 magnum housed in a lunch bag is perfectly safe. No way that bullet could penetrate a kroger bag were it to, as it inevitably will, actually go off on its own.

Next up, 15 bucks for your airsoft, 10 bucks for the ping pong ball shooter, three dollars for a line drawing of a weapon and a free coke if you promise not to point your finger and say "pew, pew, pew"

Here's the link

On a side note I would like to announce a Knoxville gun buy back. Bring me your colt snake guns, your top of the line beretta shot guns and your custom 1911s. In return I'll give you a Visa gift card (as good as cash) for, I dunno, 15 bucks. You can't lose, think of how much safer you'll be!

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TackleberryTom
Next up, 15 bucks for your airsoft, 10 bucks for the ping pong ball shooter, three dollars for a line drawing of a weapon and a free coke if you promise not to point your finger and say "pew, pew, pew"

Well, drawings of guns are already prohibited in schools, due to there high danger level. Kids need to quit drawing Glocks and start drawing guns with manual safeties...problem solved. but, is the drawing really dangerous if you draw it unloaded? What if you draw the mag outside of the gun? Hmm. May have to try it.

I remember back in 5th grade, the teacher drew some wierd shape on the board and asked us to draw a picture using that shape. The kid with with best picture drew a gun, a pistol no less. He received much praise. I remember going to high school with a rifle in the back window of my pickup . . . my how times have changed . . . just saying.

I always keep an eye out for a gun of some kind I pick up for cheap just in case some morons around here decide to hold a similar program. They did a year or two ago in Jackson. Figure I can make a little cash.

Guest nysos
I remember going to high school with a rifle in the back window of my pickup . . . my how times have changed . . . just saying.

My step-dad said at his school you were an oddball if your truck in the school lot DIDN'T have a long gun in the window.

Guest PapaB

Another Government program wasting tax dollars while not addressing the real problem. We all know the real problem is those violent grease guns used in drive-by slimings. :) When are they going to stop the insanity? :eek::rofl:

On a side note I would like to announce a Knoxville gun buy back. Bring me your colt snake guns, your top of the line beretta shot guns and your custom 1911s. In return I'll give you a Visa gift card (as good as cash) for, I dunno, 15 bucks. You can't lose, think of how much safer you'll be!

Your words have touched me mosinon. With that said I will tear myself away from monitoring schools for using the word GAY and come help the cause. Along with mosinon's gun buy back I will be hosting a "cartridge for candy" party. Bring all that dangerous ammo in and receive a snack size pack of M&M's.

Guest nicemac
I remember going to high school with a rifle in the back window of my pickup . . . my how times have changed . . . just saying.

Every truck in my high school parking lot had a gun it it–and every boy had a knife in his pocket. This was in the 70's.