What is your favorite firearms store?

valv6

What is your favorite firearms store? I am going to be on vacation for a few days and thought would travel around to see some of the stores in Tennessee. So tell me what your favorite store is and what city it is in. Thanks

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

D&T arms, rivergate, tn

Ditto! Although I do expect a gun store owner and employees to be knowledgeable, maybe more so than I am, I cannot abide a "you're a dumbass and we are smart" kind of attitude that one often gets from gun store staff(even if it is sometimes true, lol). Dave doesnt have this attitude and he's hired the right kind of people who also have good customer service savvy. The whole crew down there are good. They each have their specialty niche, or areas where they are each most knowledgeable about, but all are overall knowledgeable about what they sell and if they don't know something, they don't lie about it. With at least 7 or 8 gun shops in my general area, there's a good reason D & T get most of my business.

P.S. Dave, about that discount...(LOL kidding) Rightwinger has GOT to stop putting those 'buy this gun' spells on me, lol. I can't afford to keep buying guns at this rate.

Edited by barewoolf

I stoped and talked with the guys at Guns for Americatoday man they took great care of me. Tom was very patientwith my lack of wisdom about some guns and i came outof there knowing what i want and will be buying it there as soonas the wife is not looking

What is your favorite firearms store? I am going to be on vacation for a few days and thought would travel around to see some of the stores in Tennessee. So tell me what your favorite store is and what city it is in. Thanks

I like CCA for their range and knowledge but their prices aren't the best and really, I only go there for their range and everything else is just after that fact. I will say they are super nice to me (now anyway) and that's always a good thing.

In middle TN, I like D&T. Good service, nice selection, knowledgeable folks working there. Great group of people. I haven't bought a gun from anywhere else since they opened. In all fairness, I haven't bought many guns lately, but they've had what I wanted when I wanted it.

Guns For America isn't bad, but I haven't been by in a long time.

Guest m14man

west tn l&a firearms union city tn, you can look at guns,harleys,polaris,yamaha,honda,suzuki's all in one place.plus some nice class 3 goodies.

Guest Aces&8s

Here in Upper East TN, I have to go with Tri-Cities Gun Depot in Elizabethton. Tom and Brian are great guys, and they have great prices, too.

Always been the Reloaders Bench, but with the loss of my "Got to guy" there coupled by the fact that Nashville Sporting Arms has been VERY accommodating to me and less than half the drive, NSA is slowly edging them out. I hate to be a traitor to the RB, they've been good to me, but if NSA keeps adding the reloading components I fancy to their inventory.....well :rolleyes: like I said they are like 25 minutes away where the Reloaders Bench is a good hour away. No real price difference, equally friendly people. NSA even passed my "Wife test" I go in and the wife comes in 10 minutes later. I watched as they greeted her as she came in and they asked her more than once if they could help her with anything [but not to the point of getting on your nerves] and they seemed genuinely interested in helping, not just the "going through the motions" greeting you get in some other places in the local area.

I guess I have a couple,

tolivers in manchester, its really a pawn shop but they have everything always treated me great on top of good prices. outpost in murfreesboro is always a fun store to walk into, bought 2 guns from them when no one else had one or sould get it for a while. I tried hero gear but never a positive visit so I stay away.

Guest ArmaDeFuego

I've only been to a few.

I bought my first gun at Tennessee Gun Country in Clarksville. Its kind of small & the prices are average. The staff doesnt have much personality at all. I think the owner has grunted at me a few times & thats it. I dont go to a gun store for the conversation tho, so I can still say that I like it ok. I buy most of my ammo there. Not sure if I will buy another gun there tho.

I also bought a gun (& took my HCP class) at Guns & Leather in Greenbrier. I like that place. The prices seem a little high, but the guys are pretty nice & they have a good selection. I also like how they have a crapton of long guns just sitting out in the middle of the floor so you can walk around & pick up whatever you want & touch it.