What is your favorite firearms store?

valv6

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Roadkill Bill

Guns and Ammo in Memphis is pretty hard to beat pricewise. Their selection and volume of sales is incredible.

Guest 808-South

Sevier indoor range. The guys are great there, very knowledgeable and informative. The range is clean & nice. The lounge is very comfortable. I can spend all day there. My spa treatment, its where I go for R&R.

Edited by 808-South
Changed my opinion
Guest bubruins

Best people / prices: The Saddle Shop - College Grove, TN

Best Selection: The Outpost Armory

Notes: I still need to visit Guns & Leather and Hero Gear.

I visited Specialty Arms for the first time this weekend and was not impressed by prices. I feel like I'd have to negotiate EVERY little item to come out of that place feeling like I got a decent deal. Staff was great, though.

Online store: Bud's or Top Gun Supply

Brick and mortar: My local Shooter's Depot. I always have to special order what I want mainly because I am a gun snob, but they all are a pleasure to deal with.

Guest The Highlander

In Tennessee, it is Tri-Cities Gun Depot in Elizabethton. Tom and Brian are members here, and are fantastic people as well as being knowledgeable about what they carry. Great store.

I'll second the CMP store in Anniston as well!

Edited by The Highlander
Can't type.
Guest ArmaDeFuego

This thread should be broken up into like 3 different threads: West Tennessee, Middle Tennessee, & East Tennessee.

I cant really be bothered with the cool stores that are a 5 hour drive away from me. :hiding:

• 2 weeks later...

The guys at D & T arms seemed very nice, when I was looking at some entry level 1911's. However I was looking at one and was told that it had a life time warranty. I asked if they were sure and a all three of the guys there said yes. I then asked them why the owner's manual said it only had a one year warranty. They seemed a little surprised. Seems like you should know your product a little better. I am sure it was a honest mistake, but one has to wonder how many people bought those guns with the belief that it had a life time warranty.

The guys at D & T arms seemed very nice, when I was looking at some entry level 1911's. However I was looking at one and was told that it had a life time warranty. I asked if they were sure and a all three of the guys there said yes. I then asked them why the owner's manual said it only had a one year warranty. They seemed a little surprised. Seems like you should know your product a little better. I am sure it was a honest mistake, but one has to wonder how many people bought those guns with the belief that it had a life time warranty.

The firearm in question is a American Classic by Metro Arms. They do have a one year warranty on parts, however they do have a life time service contract and will not charge for repair excluding finish, grips, sights or magazine. I apologize for the confusion on this and have instructed my guys to verify this type of information.

I have bought quite a few guns at Eastside Gun Shop in Nashville. Next would be the old Hero Gear, then Guns and Leather in Greenbriar.

Pretty much agree with these exceptions; Never dealt with Hero Gear, so I can't comment on them. But in no particular order--Eastside/G&L-Greenbriar/D&T.

Bills Outpost In Maryville/Tn has the best prices in the area. $500 Glocks & Gen 4s for $550.

I second this quote...from what I have seen Bill's is a little bit cheaper on their guns and have a pretty good selection. I ended up picking up my XD from them yesterday.