Who Else Loves Lever Guns?

These days, you mostly hear talk about AR's & polymer pistols (which I enjoy too), but I'll always love the old style lever guns & real wood stocks. I figured I'd put up a couple of pictures of my two Marlins. I got the 39A Golden Boy from my brother, who bought it brand new around 1980. I bought my 336C last fall & plan to give the deer a run for their money this year with it.:stalk: Who else loves levers?

130.jpg

129.jpg

I've always liked them, but rarely owned one. However, several years ago, I picked up a Japanese Browning 44 Mag that's beautiful. And I'm ashamed to say that it's still in my safe, absolutely unfired, by me. :shrug:

I assume you are referring to a model 92 ?

If you ever decide it's taking up too much room keep me in mind........:)

I have only had one, and that is the Marlin 30-30 that was the first gun I bought. I wish I could find it some friends, but the finances have yet to allow that. A guide gun is on my short list as well as a 39.

Guest Scramasax

I have always liked leverguns for thier trim lines and history. Currently I own a Savage 99/308 and several .357 and .41 mag marlins.

The Marlin lever guns fit me like the stocks were custom. I'm always on the outlook for a bargan(aren't we all) for a 45-70. Since I don't hunt it always gets put on the back burner.

Cheers,

ts

For me the lever represents all the western movies burned into my brain,lol. All the heroes who saved the day using one and the bad guy being took down with one. Its that anticipated rack with an empty casing being tossed into the air as a small puff of smoke follows and knowing that next one will be the one that counts.And while most calibers are available in several platforms nowadays, there's just some that are "lever worthy" Lmao.

Guest UberDuper

I've got a couple. I picked up a new 39a a few years back and was excited about putting a peep tang and globe on it just for the hell of it. THen I got home with it and found that Marlin starting putting the serial # on the g'd tang. Jerks.

So I put a scope on it and never really enjoyed it.

I'd be a liar if I said I liked a lever action (sorry) BUT, I inherited a Henry lever action .22 and I swear I sold my 10/22 because of it. I have never shot a better 22. Ever. Fun to shoot and very accurate. First time I shot it, I had more fun than when the hogs ate up my twin brother.:D

Now, if I could get my hands on a Savage or three I might be a total convert. Somebody here (cough*greg*cough) has a BEAUTIFUL collection.

I always wanted a Marlin 1895 in 45/70, until I found out that you can pretty much duplicate the caliber in the AR15 platform. As cool as the 1895 is, it's off my list in favor of another AR.

I only have two lever rifles but I don't own an AR, at all. Now, if I had the money to buy or build a nice AR - well, I'd use it to buy two more lever actions, instead. I guess I'm just the opposite of you when it comes to rifles as I have zero interest in owning an AR but would have a room full of lever guns if I could. Hey, those differences are what makes the world go 'round (and keeps different departments of the gun companies in business.)

One of my levers is a Glenfield 30-30 (basically a Marlin 336 with a different kind of wood for the stock.) It belonged to my dad and is the gun that I more or less learned to shoot rifles on. I inherited it. It was made before Marlin started putting manual safeties on lever rifles. I don't have any pictures but it looks pretty much like any other blued/wood Glenfield lever 30-30. I've still got the scope that came with it (says 'Marlin' on the scope body.)

The other is a basic Henry .22LR. I love shooting the old Glenfield but ammo isn't exactly cheap nor is there a good place for me just to plink with it even if I could afford to plink with a 30-30. A .22 is a different story and that Henry is great. I just got it a few months ago. Again, no pics at the moment but it looks pretty much like every other basic Henry wood/blued model on earth.

A few months back I went looking for a Rossi lever in .357 Magnum but came home with a .44 Magnum Super Blackhawk, instead. I'd still like to have one of those Rossi levers in a handgun caliber - maybe a .357 or maybe a .44 as I want to match one of my revolver calibers. I like blued with wood rifles, especially in levers, but think that the Rossi lever guns that are stainless with wood are some of the prettiest rifles I have ever seen.

I have a handful of lever guns, they are my favorite.

I have 2 Marlin 336's 30-30 rifles. One was my dads, and one was my hunting rifle.

a Marlin 1894 in .25-20. This was my Great Grandmothers gun. When my son inherited it, it was non-functioning. So I found some parts on line and sent the barrel off to get re-lined, now it is a "tack driver". Just hard to find ammo for it :)

I have a Puma m92 in .44mag

It took me awhile to buy into the AR platform. Once I did, I was hooked. Again, it doesn't keep me from loving lever guns. I have seveal bolt guns too. They just have a hard time getting my attention these days. I'll own a Marlin 39A for sure one of these days, even though I haven't shot my .22's in months.

f6b2052b.jpgAside from the coach gun and the revolvers pictured from left to right is a Puma 92 in .454 casull/.45 lc, next lever is a Ithica M49 in .22lr and last is a Rossi Ranch Hand in .45 lc. I love shooting revolvers and lever actions. The Ranch Hand shoots a little high but is consistent, the 92 is dead on and so is the Ithica. The Ithica was my dad's first gun.
Guest GunTroll

I too like Lever guns. I own a few myself, Two Henry golden boys 22lr/22mag, Marlin 95CB 45-70, Marlin 92(?) 44 mag, Win 94 30-30.

I also enjoy working on them. I can't wait to dig into an up and coming Savage 99 project. I'm changing a 99M in 308 Win to a 358 Win. It should be a fun project.