Who Else Loves Lever Guns?

Yeah, I like them alot, I guess I'm a cowboy type of guy. Single action revolvers and lever action rifles. Right now I have aMarlin 336, and two Winchesters in 30-30, a Marlin 1895 in 45/70, and a Henry .22lr. I want a Rossi .357 and a Marlin 1894 in .41 Mag. but like someone said earlier those .41's are quite pricey these days.

• 1 year later...
Guest Rushbus1

I currently have 9. Mainly Winchester, and a Uberti 1866

1873 Carbine 44-40 circa 1877 First Model Purchased in Piedmont SD. Gun came from auction in Deadwood.

1873 Rifle 32-20 circa 1879

1893 Rifle 38-40 circa 1905

94 44 special Trail End new-never fired

94 44 special Trapper

94 30-30 Trapper (2)

1873 44 special America Remembers (Uberti) John Wayne Tribute

1866 38 special Uberti

If Caster and JAB want to start a Henry Appreciation Society, they can sign me up. I owned two Ruger 10/22s and when I sold the last one I went looking for some strange. The first time I took that Henry H001 in my arms I knew I couldn't let it go. I can't convince myself that I want a black rifle either. Just put me in the immediate proximity of a Henry Big Boy in .357 and I'll come up with the craziest reasons and schemes to get it.

I hate you.

:wave:

Fourth from the bottom??? That's my favorite judging on looks alone. You oughta leave me that in your will.

It is an EG in 300 Savage, with a period Baush and Lomb Bal Var scope and mounts. It is one of my most accurate shooters.

:shhh: I need to update the photo, as I've added a Model 88 Winchester in 308, and a Model 39A Marlin 22 to the group.

Big fan here too!

I only have a moderate collection, common stuff really, but like y'all they just fit me. I have zero interest in black rifles, but I'd happily fill my safe with levers!

Top to bottom;

Winchester '94AE in .30-30

Marlin 1895 in .45-70

Marlin 336 in .44 mag

Henry H001 in .22

photobucket-76850-1345499437895.jpg

They're beginning to stack up on ya, Rob! I'd like to shoot one of those 45-70s one day. That's a fine looking rifle.

Says the owner of THE most beautiful rifles ever built......I'll trade you a few shots with it for a few with your 99 in .303 Savage!

I really wish I could find a nice 99, I don't even care what caliber (although I'd love a .250-3000)

Rob

Big fan here too!

I only have a moderate collection, common stuff really, but like y'all they just fit me. I have zero interest in black rifles, but I'd happily fill my safe with levers!

Top to bottom;

Winchester '94AE in .30-30

Marlin 1895 in .45-70

Marlin 336 in .44 mag

Henry H001 in .22

photobucket-76850-1345499437895.jpg

ROb how does that 336 44 shoot? and have you cleaned her up good? it looks better

Rob how does that 336 44 shoot? and have you cleaned her up good? it looks better

Well put it this way. you ain't getting it back! :D It's my 'most fondled' rifle, although I still grab the Henry when I'm out & about on the farm.

I stripped it right down & gave everything a good clean & polish. It took a while to get the 50 year old grime out of the wood, but I got there in the end & re-oiled it with boiled Linseed.

I installed the Skinner peep & can happily shoot 3½" groups at 100yds all day long from the bench. I gotta say, the amount of recoil compared to a .30-30 came as quite a surprise. After 50 rounds, you really know you've been shooting.

Well put it this way. you ain't getting it back! :D It's my 'most fondled' rifle, although I still grab the Henry when I'm out & about on the farm.

I stripped it right down & gave everything a good clean & polish. It took a while to get the 50 year old grime out of the wood, but I got there in the end & re-oiled it with boiled Linseed.

I installed the Skinner peep & can happily shoot 3½" groups at 100yds all day long from the bench. I gotta say, the amount of recoil compared to a .30-30 came as quite a surprise. After 50 rounds, you really know you've been shooting.

thats great!!!!!!! :rock: now if only i can find an marlin 1894 pre safety 44 ill be happy :pleased:
Guest Springfield1911guy

I have a Marlin 336 that I'm very fond of. It's not one you see everyday. It is chambered in 35 Remington, instead of the usual 30-30.

Guest Springfield1911guy

I have a Marlin 336 that I'm very fond of. It's not one you see everyday. It is chambered in 35 Remington, instead of the usual 30-30.

Edited by Springfield1911guy