How many of you carry while at home?

Guest Bruce

Guest Bruce

My wife and I live somewhat in the country and I keep a gun close by all the time but was wondering if any of you carry while inside your homes?

I told my wife I was thinking about it but she thinks I'm stupid, so I just wanted some of your all's imput.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I sometimes don't take my carry gun off when I come in from somewhere, and I will generally carry it if I go somewhere on the property. Never can tell what kind of varmints you might find.

I don't as a general rule carry it in the house, but a gun is never too far away.

I have three excellent alarm systems that works 24 hours a day to tell me if anything dangerous is around. And all three work for dog food.

Anything can happen anywhere.My aunt was rabbed and car jacked about six months ago in north GA as she was leaving a samll gas station on hwy 27 in the middle of nowhere.

I carry 24/7 even in the bathroom my gun is within arms reach.

Guest nj.piney

im 66 years old, live in the country ,i live alone, i carry all the time.

people think seniors are easy marks,it could be a serious mistake in my case.

I think it kinda' depends on the business you are in and how you treat people. If anyone should pack at home it would probably be me. I do everywhere else. You can see inside my home office from the ridge top. Of course, a sniper could easily pick me off. I've just never been paranoid. Have a listed phone number. Don't make a big secret of who I am or where I live. One military friend in the Philippines was shocked when he found he could get my phone number online. Right now the doors are not just unlocked, but open (over 70 degrees). The Jehovah's Witnesses have learned to not mess with me.

But the dogs are vigilant (they are asleep by my computer), the doves will fly if anyone comes up, and I have sufficient firepower within two feet.

I'm a nice guy unless there is a reason for me to not be. I'm also a bit fatalistic. I'm going to die eventually. Why ruin now for might happen someday?

Guest jaypee

I normally don't carry in the house, preferring instead to keep a loaded pistol in a central location through the day where both my wife and I know where it is. This location is very close to our front door and garage entry door in the kitchen. (Children are never in the house.) I will, however, take one with me to our home office, which is downstairs and away from the main part of the house. When I leave for some reason, I always tell my wife where a loaded gun is. I have no problem with folks carrying in the home, AFTER ALL, IT IS A CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT. But I really don't care to see Avon Ladies or UPS guys get blown off of front porches because they ring door bells. Reasonable is the operative term.

JayPee

I do not take a gun off just because I am at home. Once it is on it pretty much stays on until I have a reason to remove it. Other than that it is in close proximity.

If I go outside after dark I like having it with me. We are far enough off the road if someone did do something extreme the nearest neighbor would never hear it.

I also am hoping to bag my first coyote still. They have been on our porch before.

Guest Halfpint
I do not take a gun off just because I am at home. Once it is on it pretty much stays on until I have a reason to remove it. Other than that it is in close proximity.
I'm the same way. My gun goes on when I get dressed, comes off when it's time for bed . . . and then it gets a Surefire and goes under the other pillow.

Mine goes on in the morning, comes off when I dress for bed and at that time it is in the safe and I unlock my para 14.45 lda That resides in a lock box at the head of my bed., I'm not paranoid but if some one comes into my home I plan on them leaving on a strecher and they won't be in a hurry. Oh and I also have 2 or 3 hidden around the house that only I know about.

Edited by dralarms
Guest db99wj

Shirt and tie days (work) I change when I get home and either disarm or if I know/think I might leave again I put it back on. If not, the sweat pants don't stay up very well. I have one in the night stand. My primary is close, when I am in the front of the house. The door does not open at night to uninvited unknown guest, family and friends need to call first, we all have cell phones, use them. If you do not fall in the family/friend side, and you are not carrying a few pizzas (that we called to order), you need to keep moving. Even if I have ordered food, I will be carrying at that point.

Memphis and the surrounding "safe" N'hoods have had some bust in the door break-in's lately, I have been carrying more, though. They are actually talking about it on the radio as I type this.

Guest TNDixieGirl

I've been carrying on me at home while trying to get used to the IWB method now. But when I got home today it was like taking off the ole bra....couldn't wait to be rid of it and the holster. :cheers: