How many of you carry while at home?

Guest Bruce

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Grout
I'd start a topic, "ARE YOU PARANOID". But of course the folks who are, would either not know or they would be too afraid to answer. :cheers:

Just because you are paranoid does not mean they are not out to get you.:P

Guest Boomhower

For me, it all depends on what I am doing, and what I am wearing, and although my house isn't very large, I keep things handy while or while not carrying.....If I lived out in the country, I probably wouldn't worry about it as much.

Guest bulletproof

One in the dresser drawer and one hanging on the clothes hook in the bedroom. And after the episode with the pitbull I always have one within reach when working in the yard.

Guest clutepc

I have to agree with bkelm18 that one, you never know when you going to need it and hopefully never will but if you do I prefer it not be locked in the bedroom.

If I'm awake I have a gun on me.

My wife did think it's a little odd at times but after someone was looking in our window at 1am last week she is over it..

I don't live in the country, not yet at least.. but to be honest, I will still carry just as much then as I do now.

:shrug:

Guest canynracer

I have a home alarm, and a barking dog, gun is easy to get to in the next room, all doors are locked all the time, and I live in a GREAT neighborhood (still a LITTLE paranoid, but not too much)

if i have pants on, i am carrying. if i have pants off, i'm in bed or shower and gun is next to me on the counter or TV. i've been carrying for two years now and it's just become part of getting dressed. My IWB holster is great, i have slept with it on plenty of times. i just don't see the need to take holster off, put holster on, remove gun, insert gun every time i come in and out of the house... on and off once a day works for me.

Guest dotsun

Put me down as paranoid then. I have on a couple of occasions had people I didn't know come to the door mistakenly at the wrong house. I'd rather have a gun on my person when that happens.

Guest Boomhower
Put me down as paranoid then. I have on a couple of occasions had people I didn't know come to the door mistakenly at the wrong house. I'd rather have a gun on my person when that happens.

That's funny.....You know, I knew I liked you when the first time I was over at your house for MMA practice and I had to take off my rig and lay it next to yours on the table. :biglol:....(some ppl will read that wrong I'm sure :shrug:)

Guest jcoyle6

I do occasionally, especially when I'll be coming and going. It is just easier than having to strip it off and then strap it back up. For instance, like right now with my dog next to me on the couch my gun is in my room on my desk.

Guest dotsun
That's funny.....You know, I knew I liked you when the first time I was over at your house for MMA practice and I had to take off my rig and lay it next to yours on the table. :rofl:....(some ppl will read that wrong I'm sure :shrug:)

Yeah that night would've been pretty bad for a home invasion attempt at my house. :)

And Canyn, what 2 men do in the privacy of their own homes... :shhh: It's ok though, my wife was watching. :biglol:

I carry 24/7. Only take it off to shower, and then it's within reach.

That's not paranoid, that's prepared.

It doesn't matter where you live, there are bad people and bad things going on everywhere. Even out here in the hills, crack and meth labs are common. People on drugs (or wanting more drugs) can make some pretty irrational decisions.

I choose to have the ability to protect myself and my family at all times, at home and away from home.

If some of you think that's paranoid, that's fine by me. I'd rather be called paranoid than unprepared.

Guest canynracer
Yeah that night would've been pretty bad for a home invasion attempt at my house. :)

And Canyn, what 2 men do in the privacy of their own homes... :D It's ok though, my wife was watching. :D

ummm

ymca.gif

Thats a good point to bring up Packin.I live in brainered right now and this zip code has the highest crime rate in chattanooga so you bet you pringles I carry 24/7.but crime is still in the sticks.Theres alot of drug labs in the country!

Guest Bruce

Thanks for the imput , I've seen through-out some post that alot of you have safes and would like to know where I could get one if they don't cost to much.

Bruce