beretta 6.5 rifle what it worth

sam

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If it's a military surplus rifle, it is one of about 20 different types of Italian Carcano. Photos, descriptions of all markings, and a complete description of condition would help us get you some idea of value. If it's been sporterized, it might get $50.

Guest coldblackwind

Posted in your other thread. If its a 6.5 it should be an old carcano surplus rifle. Worth $150-200 assuming its a not something special (could be up to $400) or sporterized (I've seen people have a terrible time getting rid of sporters for $100).

6.5 Carcano's are pretty common. As 1gewehr said there are many different variants throughout the years. Its is rare that they are worth much. The good news is you can get parts relatively easy for them. There is a lot of carcano information around the web to keep ya busy. If you ever come across the 7.35 carcano, they are harder to find and bring a little more. Im one of the few people who collect those things as I have a lot of family history serving in Italy. PM me if you questions.

i bought a beretta 6.5 mm bolt action rifle. i got a good deal on it and a ruger 357 mag for 300. i am trying to figure out what it is worth.

300 for the ruger and the beretta is probabaly a good deal unless the ruger is garbage...

Guest coldblackwind
Dude if you bought it then you have your answer as to what it is worth.

I've always hated this response, its entirely untrue. First off, going by market value its more a $500 value than the $300 mentioned. 2nd off, just because someone buys something at a certain price, doesn't mean it isn't worth more to them, theres been multiple times I've talked someone down to a price below what I WOULD have paid, and I frequently price things at more than I WILL take to give some room to negotiate. Good example, the 240sx I bought this past weekend, paid $800, would have paid $1000, and while I don't intend to sell it, if I was to at this point I wouldn't take less than $2500. Theres 3 different values right there. Not trying to be a prick, that statement just bugs me everytime I see it.

Not trying to single you out jeffsig, I just see these all the time and this just happened to be the one where I'm in the right mood to rant a bit!

I've always hated this response, its entirely untrue. First off, going by market value its more a $500 value than the $300 mentioned. 2nd off, just because someone buys something at a certain price, doesn't mean it isn't worth more to them, theres been multiple times I've talked someone down to a price below what I WOULD have paid, and I frequently price things at more than I WILL take to give some room to negotiate. Good example, the 240sx I bought this past weekend, paid $800, would have paid $1000, and while I don't intend to sell it, if I was to at this point I wouldn't take less than $2500. Theres 3 different values right there. Not trying to be a prick, that statement just bugs me everytime I see it.

Not trying to single you out jeffsig, I just see these all the time and this just happened to be the one where I'm in the right mood to rant a bit!

I see and think I undestand your rationale here, but I disagree. We do set the worth of an item, at least to ourselves, by what we are willing to invest in it to call it "mine". Whether that figure is agreaable with commonly accepted standards in the community is irrelevant.

Case point, I recently acquired a pistol I desired. I believed it to be overpriced by the "community of gun buyer standards," but I was willing to pay the premium to get it.

Not wishing to start a rumble, just my 2 cents.

Guest coldblackwind
I see and think I undestand your rationale here, but I disagree. We do set the worth of an item, at least to ourselves, by what we are willing to invest in it to call it "mine". Whether that figure is agreaable with commonly accepted standards in the community is irrelevant.

Case point, I recently acquired a pistol I desired. I believed it to be overpriced by the "community of gun buyer standards," but I was willing to pay the premium to get it.

Not wishing to start a rumble, just my 2 cents.

No, don't get me wrong I understand the rationale behind the statement, I just think it's too broad of a statement to make sense. To say the gun is worth what you paid is incorrect. What you paid is what the gun is worth to YOU, not what it's worth. And as I said, that may not even be true, because you might have actually been willing to pay more than what you did, like the 240sx example, I paid $800 because I offered it and she took it, but I would have gone to her $1000 asking price if she had turned me down, therefore the car was actually worth $1000 to me, not the $800 I paid. On the other hand if I was to sell it I wouldn't take less than $2500 for it (due mainly to the fact I don't want to sell it), so you could make the argument it's actually worth $2500 to me, or rather 2499.99 as it would have to be worth less to me than the money. I'm just saying when someone asks what something is worth, they are really asking what fair market value would be for the item, not what its worth to an individual.

I actually tried to buy one of these (carcano carbine) at a flea market, I had the guy down to $175 on the rifle, and was coming back to make him a final offer of $150. When I returned there was an old man, probably in his late 80's-90's looking at the rifle. He had seen the berretta stamp and was thinking it was some sort of high end collectible berretta hunting rifle and didn't hesitate to pull out the $450 the guy was asking for the rifle. To him that rifle was worth $450, but most will agree that this was WELL above fair market value.

I understand your comments. I just think worth is a subjective point, with value being created by the desire to possess an item. Said value being interpreted by one or many.

Anyway, as G. Gordon Liddy said; " Let's just agree to disagree" on the term of worth.

Thanks Coldblackwind and Hipower.

I guess I was also in a mood when I typed that as I to see many post like this (Not just here on TGO) and feel sometimes they maybe a bit lazy and trying to get others to do the leg work and get a current price. Or to generate interest in what they have to sell the items. Neither of these am I implying the OP was doing. Just one of the MOOD typing moments.

But seeing as how I am typing Ill qualify my post.

If you buy a item at any price for any reason you had to know the ballpark value (Unless it was an item you had to have to fill a NEED not want) You may buy something just because " It was a great Deal" and not really NEED it. But you knew the ball park value or you wouldn't have known it was a great deal.

So my bottom line reply is to the OP............ I'm sorry

and I don't know the value of your guns.

If you want what "I" would pay or "MY" value I place on them I still cant tell you. LOL

Guys we are dumping the thread , he bought a RUGER and a 6.5 for 300 bucks.... Now from what I have seen the 6.5 can go from 50 to 150 for one in decent shape. He asked what it was worth so there is his answer. The ruger in .357 whiteout knowing if it's a security six, a sp or what ever I would say unless it's beat all to hell is worth 250 minimum. So he either paid exactly what he could resell the two for or can better his money. I would pay 300 for most Rugers chambered in .357 unless they were in bad shape.

Edited by Krull
Guest coldblackwind

Theres another thread on the ruger, it's a security six if I recall. Either way 350-450 was the decision on the ruger alone. Either way, he done goooood.