New School 9mm: Glock 17L "Heavy"

I wanted you to know that I just don't sit around the house doing nothing:) Anyway I think I am at the end of the road with the Glock 17L. I believe I can't reasonably hang another piece of "stuff" this thing and still have it work. I suppose optics would be possible but nothing comes to mind that really want to try at this time that I haven't tried in the past including: Doctor, J-Point, C-More, Aimpoint, Millet, Matchdot.

The magazine pictured is stock Glock 17 17rd mag with a +plus 10 Taylor Freelance Delrin extension. That gives me 27+1 with this set up, of course I have 4x 32 rd Glock mags also.That gives me 156 rds with 5 magazines. Zombies? Bring 'em on. The 27 rd mag weighs 1lb when loaded. The pistol weighs 48oz loaded with the 27 round mag. Trigger break is pretty decent 3.75lbs with a short reset.

I'll start the aftermarket round up from front to rear:

1. Lone Wolf AR 9mm flash hider

2. Lone Wolf 6.5" threaded barrel

3. Dawson Precision Front fiber optic sight

4. BoMar adjustable Rear sight

5. Cerakote by Chris Campbell

6. Lightening Strike Titanium light weight safety plunger

7. Wolf reduced power safety plunger spring

8. Lone Wolf stainless steel guide rod

9. Ismi flatwire 17lb recoil spring

10. Wolf Extra Power striker spring

11. Beamshot triple beam red laser

12. Lightening Strike aluminum trigger

13. Ghost Rocket 3.5 overtravel reducing connector

14. Wolf extra power trigger spring

15. Cominolli Thumb Safety with Cominolli trigger housing

16. JP Enterprise magwell

17. Gripforce add-on beavertail, which I may imbed with Devcon DA290 sometime in the future. DA290 looks like just the thing for plastic gun modifiers: http://www.polymer-grip-profiling.com/

I hope to shoot this thing the coming weekend.

G17LHeavy.jpg

Edited by graycrait
  • Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Look's like a Hi-Point! It weighs as much as one! It is a good thing I have other Glocks. This one is starting to look like some of the ARs I see out at the range punching paper. Similar to my experiences in 10/22s I can say that I have nearly exhausted most available aftermarket stuff for Glocks. The list is extensive in both 10/22s and Glocks. Bottom line in Glocks is spend your money on good sights, maybe a bit of trigger work and adjust the grip to your liking. A good weapon light for the home gun is good. The rest of it, not so much.

Hi Point? No, it's balance is a bit top heavey but more towards the muzzle than the Hi Point C-9. It is a bit bulky though and doesn't even feel like a Glock 17 or 17L. It is however a very interesting project gun though that will probably see other revisions.

Guest Bronker

Dude, that is hideous. In a cool, renegade eclectic, LSD-inspired bada$$ kind of way.

Still hideous.

You rock, Craig:D

hipower,

I agree with you "I think you've gone off the deep end of the pool with this one"

Fortunately in tinker toy gun land, whether it be ARs, 10/22s or Glocks, one can just simply remove all the "crap" and return the pistol to stock, except for the thumb safety slot. That "slot" issue may be able to be remedied to some degree when I get my shipment of Devcon DA290.

:D:) I think you've gone of the deep end of the pool with this one.:D But...it sure is different.

But, as usual, your work is amazing. You really push the boundaries of firearms conventional look and form. I do admire that.

hipower,

IMHO the best guns I have put together is the amalgamation of 1942 Colt slide/barrel/bushing with unknown year Essex lower and cast off parts from a variety of sources. And the resurrection of this cast off chrome Star BM. both guns are shooters!

PairofNewPistols.jpg