Space Shuttle Program vs Medicare

Guest WyattEarp
I sure hope it comes back to me, if not the guy you see on the evening news going batcrap crazy will be me.

If late boomers like myself get hosed things in this country will get ugly. Heck at that point it will be ugly anyway.

No matter how incompitent the .gov is they can't throw an entire generation under the bus.

Probably all for nought, the country will be gone by the time I ever reach retirement age anyway. The USA will be gone.

this thought process troubles me greatly. Why would anyone in their right mind trust a government like ours that for the last 11 years has spent recklessly and without regard to consequence?

I know the government mandatorily takes the money out of everyone's paychecks (so you'd hope you'd see something by the time you get to retire), but realistically, it's each citizen's PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY to account for their own retirement, not the government's responsibility.

Counting on the government to issue you a paycheck when it's time to hang up your working boots, or gloves or whatever it is you do is about as crazy as relying on them for anything else.

get yourself a 401K or an IRA of some sorts and max out your annual contributions. Don't rely on the government for ****, because when you got to get it, it either won't be there, or it won't be as much as it should be. At the rate they're spending, another 20 - 25 years there won't be any Social Security, Medicare or Medicaid.

Rely on thine own self.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

....get yourself a 401K or an IRA of some sorts and max out your annual contributions...

Soon as the USD is inflated enough to be able to actually have a chance to make a dent in the national debt, those dollars are also just as inflated. Stock market crash also wipes out 401Ks and IRAs. Oh course, some of the money in those are in T Bills and federal and municipal bonds .. oh, wait!

Point is, every US financial market, and those abroad to a majority extent, are controlled by the Fed in the worst sense. The Fed can't make them more productive, but it can make them worthless.

And that's the good news.

- OS

Guest mosinon
Soon as the USD is inflated enough to be able to actually have a chance to make a dent in the national debt, those dollars are also just as inflated. Stock market crash also wipes out 401Ks and IRAs. Oh course, some of the money in those are in T Bills and federal and municipal bonds .. oh, wait!

Point is, every US financial market, and those abroad to a majority extent, are controlled by the Fed in the worst sense. The Fed can't make them more productive, but it can make them worthless.

- OS

Sadly I believe this to be true.

Obama just did away with NASA because it is one more thing that makes this nation superior to every other country on earth and he can't stand that. Even a four year old can see that the big O is destroying this country from the inside out. All part of the plan?!?!?

Guest WyattEarp

- OS

I guess invest in gold and silver then! it'll be the only thing worth a damn when the dollar is equal to value of a peso.

- OS

Absolutely Right! Why do you think truly rich people invest halfway around the globe in other markets?

I guess invest in gold and silver then! it'll be the only thing worth a damn when the dollar is equal to value of a peso.

But you can't MAKE money on gold. You can only put the money you have in suspended animation. I tried to explain this to a friend once and the best I could come up with was: Gold value doesn't change...ever. 2000 years ago a chunk of pure gold the size of your fist would buy you a really nice home and a little land. IT STILL WILL. Gold is going for $1,526 an ounce this morning. That's a lot more than it ever has been through US history, but that's not a good thing. It's not worth more, the dollar is worth less. The gold investors are just freezing their assets at current market value so they won't be worth less, but they'll never turn a profit on it. That's good or bad depending on how you look at it.